PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Autobouqetmaker numbering issue

tkboyle
14-01-14, 00:58
Hopefully an easy one.

I've tried removing plugin and re-install both with restarts and even deleted lamedb in case of corruption but neither have rectified my issue.

In the "All Channels" bouquet the numbering is as per sky starting from 101 and working incrementally. This behavior is what I would expect.

The next bouquet "Entertainment" starts with channel number 1035 (BBC1 South) and then increments upwards.
The next bouquet is "Lifestyle and Culture" which starts 1160 (Home & Health A&E).
...and so on.

The Autobouquetmaker providers have been set with Sky UK only on area : Thames Valley HD. Also to generate main & section bouquets.
Channel swap is set to yes and I don't generate FTA or HD bouquets.

What can the problem be? Can anyone replicate my issue?

judge
14-01-14, 01:12
If you create an All Channels bouquet, this is how it works.
If you don't create it, each bouquet will start at the SKY channel numbers.
You could also try the Alternative numbering mode, but then each bouquet will start at number 1.

Andy_Hazza
14-01-14, 08:33
Hi Judge,

Just curious, how do you not create the 'All Channels list so each section, I.e. Movies, Sports etc. use the correct sky numbering? I use the inbuilt ViX ABM.

Thanks. :D

tkboyle
14-01-14, 09:25
OK Generate main bouquet has been set to NO, all numbering is now appearing as it should.
Downside is that I have lost the bouquet that I could scan through to see what was on. I far preferred this to the epg as it was much quicker.

Is there anyway to get both? I fail to see what benefit there is having the main bouquet and section bouquets in a different numbering system.

craig37
14-01-14, 10:15
OK Generate main bouquet has been set to NO, all numbering is now appearing as it should.
Downside is that I have lost the bouquet that I could scan through to see what was on. I far preferred this to the epg as it was much quicker.

Is there anyway to get both? I fail to see what benefit there is having the main bouquet and section bouquets in a different numbering system.

Were did you, or how did you access the bouquet when you could see what was on. Was it just one channel or several.. Just curious. When your on a channel you can press the red button that shows you that channels programmes.

tkboyle
14-01-14, 10:32
Were did you, or how did you access the bouquet when you could see what was on. Was it just one channel or several.. Just curious. When your on a channel you can press the red button that shows you that channels programmes.

Press Up > Blue > "All Channels". Although All Channels has now gone because "Generate main bouquet" has been set to no. It now starts with "Entertainment".

tkboyle
14-01-14, 11:38
Also noticed that when you set "generate main bouquet" to "NO" you lose swap channel options.

I'm at a bit of a loss here it seems that whatever option I choose there is a compromise.
How do others use this?

Ideally I would like all of these options.
1) Main Bouquet with Sky numbering
2) Section Bouquet with same Sky numbering
3) Swap SD for HD equivalent.
:confused:

craig37
14-01-14, 11:39
I can still see that, for E.g If I press Blue button(Favoruites) I have a full list of bouquets, E.g All channels, Fta, HD, entertainment, etc,etc,etc, etc and then can just high light the required bouquet

Have you tried UP button, press menu and change the top heading for alternative numbering to yes . And restart machine..?

tkboyle
14-01-14, 11:47
I can still see that, for E.g If I press Blue button(Favoruites) I have a full list of bouquets, E.g All channels, Fta, HD, entertainment, etc,etc,etc, etc and then can just high light the required bouquet

Have you tried UP button, press menu and change the top heading for alternative numbering to yes . And restart machine..?

It shows each bouquet incrementing from number one upwards.
Not quite what I was after.