PDA

View Full Version : Manual ftp of cccam partial success,vu+ duo, help

wes57
13-01-14, 22:53
hi, i am using a Vu+ duo, openpli 2010-04-30 image, as this is the only version i can get working without it hanging on startup.

i have been using it for 3 years now with no problem but tried a new hardrive attachment which messed up the software, green screen.

l have manually loaded by FTP on DCC as per the information on the forums and everything worked ok.
i can see the cccam2.1.3 in the DCC under /usr/softcams and it loaded ok but when i goto softcam setup it just shows none.
The attr in softcams is 755
it installed ok under installation and carried thru 5 files with no errors..

been working on it for two days now and at a loss any ideas?

abu baniaz
13-01-14, 23:06
Have you transferred the config file?

CCcam.cfg

wes57
13-01-14, 23:23
hi,
yep, done that and CCcam.cfg is showing in var/etc.

abu baniaz
13-01-14, 23:35
Apologies, should have read properly. For PLI, install it from the plugins feed.

wes57
13-01-14, 23:41
afraid not, its not showing in the plugins and when i download plugins 2.1.3 is not showing in softcams under plugins.:confused:
t

abu baniaz
14-01-14, 00:17
Sorry, going to digress.... You said that youhave had teh receiver for 3 years, so safe to assume that it is not a clone.
Did you flash the latest bootloader?
http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/

Do you still get an issue with it starting up on later images?

wes57
14-01-14, 00:33
:) bought from the site sponsor so, no not a clone.

i didnt flash with latest bootloader, i was just happy at the time that i could load the old image after trying some new ones with no luck.

tried the newest pli image, hung up on starting, tried the old kernel pli image, hung up on starting, even tried vix image no luck. That was when i hit the pli 2010 04-30 version which worked.

abu baniaz
14-01-14, 00:38
Try new bootloader and see how you get on with newer images. That is a link there in post 6.

I am sure taht the old PLI plugin feeds are not maintianed. You will have to source the ipks.

wes57
14-01-14, 00:43
thanks for the help.

just to be clear, you think if i run the latest bootloader i should be able to run a newer image with latest cccam ipk?
i wont be doing that tonight:p will hit it again tomorrow.

abu baniaz
14-01-14, 01:07
thanks for the help.
Just to be clear, you think if I run the latest bootloader I should be able to run a newer image ..?

Yes, that is correct.

wes57
14-01-14, 19:20
just to let you know, followed the advice, new bootloader, latest software, worked a dream.
cheers.