PDA

View Full Version : Time shifting

Hemmingway
13-01-14, 11:09
Hi Guys
Can someone tell me how to setup time shifting so i can re-wind live tv using duo remote buttons i'm running vix 3.0 808
at the mo i can only rewind after pausing and i would like to use it like sky remote so would appreciate some info on general use of these function
Thanks

craig37
13-01-14, 12:03
First of all I guessing you do have a hard drive attached ..? Secondly just go to MENU> SETUP> SYSTEM> TIME RECORDINGS and setup in there and make sure the location is set to the hard drive. Restart your machine and that's about it :thumbsup:

If your able to rewind you should be able forward as well ALso if you hold ff or rr you'll get and additional box pop up at the top allowing you to jump forward

Hemmingway
14-01-14, 14:28
That didnt help i dont have time recordings in system or any where else and i still cant rewind live tv can anyone else shed any light on this
Thanks

ronand
14-01-14, 14:55
As you said in your first post press pause and then rewind. You can also use the 1,4,7 & 3,6,9 buttons to quickly skip through as well. Its not that hard to press pause first is it?

craig37
14-01-14, 16:08
That didnt help i dont have time recordings in system or any where else and i still cant rewind live tv can anyone else shed any light on this
Thanks

What satellite box do you have ?

Hemmingway
15-01-14, 09:28
i have a duo and no its not hard pressing pause first but that only lets you rewind to the point you pressed pause at but i have now sussed that feature. Now i'm trying to set regular recordings with auto timer if its a daily record you want do you just deselect the (only on a specific weekday) depending on the day you start auto timer option
Thanks

ronand
15-01-14, 10:51
You must not have permanent time shift enabled properly. You need to tell it to start automatically after x seconds. Then you will be able to rewind to where you started watching the channel you are on. As regards the auto timer thats correct - just deselect that option and double check that the timespan displayed is ok too and it will record every day.