PDA

View Full Version : Blue-HD V2

Pages : [1] 2

rossi2000
12-01-14, 17:55
Good Evening All.

Here is V2 of the Blue-HD skin (currently @ 2.0.5)

extract the attached rar.
install the IPK on your box

the skin is still WIP but it mostly done with some other bits that will come through online updates.

After installation instructions:-

you need to change some settings on your box to get the proper effect as in the pictures:-

1. channel selection.
press menu and go into settings.
change the number of rows to 13

2. epg.
press menu and go to settings.
change view mode to text. (graphics section has a bug which andy should be looking into).
change number of rows to 8.
change timeline font to -3,
change OK button short to zap & exit.

3. planner
press menu and go to settings.
change number of rows to 12.

4. picons
use OCRAMS SHD transparent picons.

EDIT: 25/04/2014
See V3 details.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37561-Blue-HD-V3 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37561-Blue-HD-V3)

seame
12-01-14, 18:02
I've tried that Rossi but I'm only getting v 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 in the feeds

Edit

Sorry no v 2.0.3

rossi2000
12-01-14, 18:06
install the ipk in the first post please while i look at the feed, it was working for me a little bit ago

seame
12-01-14, 18:11
I've tried a few times and they're all gone now

rossi2000
12-01-14, 18:15
yup i removed them while i look at it.
i added the ipk to the first post.

bandit148
12-01-14, 18:31
@ rossi2000 top stuff m8 runnin great >>> gigablue quad .:thumbsup:

rossi2000
12-01-14, 20:27
ok, those who installed v2.0.5 ipk, i made more updates and now updated to 2.0.6
please try a software update now, it should find 1 updated package available.

for some reason when you go into view the changes, it doenst show my package update, i need to find out why.
but if you press upgrade and reboot, it'll grab the new version and install it.

once done, you can check if your running 2.0.6 by going to the remove plugins section and looking at blue-hd version number.

ive just done it myself and now running 2.0.6,
let me know if all ok.

bandit148
12-01-14, 20:52
@ rossi2000 updated np via software update runnin 2.0.6 np.:thumbsup:gigablue quad

aScottishBloke
12-01-14, 21:12
yea running great also on gigablue thanks

seame
12-01-14, 23:07
Excellent job Rossi! Looks really well.

I see Bandit148 has installed via the software update but when I checked the feeds theres nothing listed, has it been removed?

rossi2000
12-01-14, 23:30
hmm, delete the rossi2000 file from /var/lib/opkg/lists and try again please

if that dont work
try removing the skin and re-installing 2.0.5 and then try again

seame
13-01-14, 00:18
I've been trying to install using the feed.conf method but I've just noticed you've edited the first post so I take it this no longer applies? The ipk installs fine.

rossi2000
13-01-14, 00:26
ah right, ye if you can install the ipk and then try an update, see how it goes. let me know

judge
13-01-14, 00:32
Rossi, using 2.0.6, nice work on the skin, thank you.
Just a couple of niggles if you don't mind.

The Multi EPG screen (default left/right joypad button) - the timeline bar is pretty hard to read with the light blue background & yellow text.

The File list/planner screen doesn't show the length of the movie anywhere, also the current time seems to be aligned right leaving it jump as seconds change, maybe better off aligning it left?

The EPG/Guide screen has the same slight cosmetic issue with the current time. Also, has the unneeded button bar that does nothing. Might be worth replacing those icons with actions that work so users can see what the skin/image is capibable of on those screens. TV button for bouquets, Numbers for EPG jumps & so on...

When you press the TV button for list of bouquets in the EPG/Guide screen, the selected bouquet is currently unreadable.

The first & second infobar screens don't show any HD/TT/REC and so on icons, presume it doesn't include the system update icon so?
Might be good to add them so atleast a user knows when an update is available.

No worries if you don't want to do any of the above, just thought I should point them out.

seame
13-01-14, 00:36
I've tried an update after installing the ipk but there's nothing in the feeds. Should I be seeing 2.0.6? or does the software update update the skin automatically?

rossi2000
13-01-14, 00:53
yo cheers
this isnt all my work, its a joint effort by myself and simonsez on this forum too.

multi-epg i think youve attached the wrong screen?

the planner shows the length of the show in the top left under the logo, as in your pic, its 67mins long :)

i see what you mean about the time, i re-align as you suggested, ta.

i will look at that unreadable epg shortly.

the infobar has been kept clean as possible, thats why no icons, im trying to suss out the best place for the software update icon, as it does need one. i have it placed already under the time on the right hand side of the infobar but ive not enabled it yet. maybe it'll go on the secondinfobar i dunno yet.

thanks for the input, i'll makes the changes to git shortly and then put the online update on.

Rossi, using 2.0.6, nice work on the skin, thank you.
Just a couple of niggles if you don't mind.

The Multi EPG screen (default left/right joypad button) - the timeline bar is pretty hard to read with the light blue background & yellow text.

The File list/planner screen doesn't show the length of the movie anywhere, also the current time seems to be aligned right leaving it jump as seconds change, maybe better off aligning it left?

The EPG/Guide screen has the same slight cosmetic issue with the current time. Also, has the unneeded button bar that does nothing. Might be worth replacing those icons with actions that work so users can see what the skin/image is capibable of on those screens. TV button for bouquets, Numbers for EPG jumps & so on...

When you press the TV button for list of bouquets in the EPG/Guide screen, the selected bouquet is currently unreadable.

The first & second infobar screens don't show any HD/TT/REC and so on icons, presume it doesn't include the system update icon so?
Might be good to add them so atleast a user knows when an update is available.

No worries if you don't want to do any of the above, just thought I should point them out.

judge
13-01-14, 01:05
Thanks Rossi, wrong screen with timeline bar:

Sorry, missed the length of the show, was looking under the PIG for it...

rossi2000
13-01-14, 01:13
when youve installed the skin with the ipk.
run software update, it should detect 1 package avaialble. select upgrade and reboot.

I've tried an update after installing the ipk but there's nothing in the feeds. Should I be seeing 2.0.6? or does the software update update the skin automatically?

judge
13-01-14, 01:16
Just another idea...
The progress bar on first & second infobars is pretty hard to see.
Maybe change the contrast of the progress yellow, or add a pixel above & below so it stands out a bit more.
As it is, I doubt most folks will spot it.

rossi2000
13-01-14, 01:18
ahh right ye multi quick-epg. i'll finish that off along with the graphical view mode of the epg too this week.
if you want the fix i'll be doing, is to put back the original TimeLineDate and TimeLineTime pngs in the epg folder of the Blue-HD skin from Night-HD

Thanks Rossi, wrong screen:

Sorry, missed the length of the show, was looking under the PIG for it...

seame
13-01-14, 01:23
When I run software update there is two packages but when I go to view them the only one showing is a picon package.

Edit

Just to add I've tried the update and nothing happens

rossi2000
13-01-14, 01:25
yes thats right, i explained in one of the first posts, that the software update is detecting the new update but not shoiwing it in the view changes screen, i need to find out why.

if you go ahead and update it will grab the latest.

im putting in a build number reference now on the about information screen so you check what version your running.

seame
13-01-14, 01:32
I should have stated in the last post that I had already gone ahead with the update but it wasn't successful. I had just edited my last post when I seen yours.

rossi2000
13-01-14, 01:40
VERSION 2.0.7 online update available.

new menu screen
many fixed, additions, changes
skinned crossepg, more moviebar edits, new picon_default
added logo to information screen
re-aligned the time on various screens
enabled software update icon on the infobar.

information screen now contains the build number so you can see if your on the latest build.

also attached the latest ipk to install manually.

seame
13-01-14, 01:51
Very slick!

The update icon is flashing but theres no update

rossi2000
13-01-14, 01:51
im really not sure why your having the issue mate.

try this,
set the default skin and then completey uninstall the skin, from remove plugins and delete all the files in /var/lib/opkg/lists aswell.
restart e2
install v2.0.5 ipk, restart e2.

try a software update to 2.0.7.

if its still failing for you, just install the ipk for now please

I should have stated in the last post that I had already gone ahead with the update but it wasn't successful. I had just edited my last post when I seen yours.

seame
13-01-14, 01:55
I've already tried all of what you've suggested. 2.0.7 installed fine from the ipk

Thanks for the skin.

judge
13-01-14, 02:00
Thanks Rossi, time now aligned to left on various screens, so looks better.
Timeline bar still missing from Multi EPG.
Update icon working on first infobar, not on second infobar.

Inbuilt screens, (long yellow) IMDB look slightly odd with transparancy working in certain areas & not others.

rossi2000
13-01-14, 02:01
see how you get on from 2.0.7

rossi2000
13-01-14, 02:06
yup i'll sort the timeline tomorrow evening.
i only added the update icon to the infobar atm, it will come to the secondinfo bar soon.

im slowly working through plugin screens. whilst adding skin support to others that arent, like autobouquets 28.2e from lraizer, i skinned that to vix.
ive added imdb to the to-do-first list.

you can check on the progress @ github:-

https://github.com/rossi2000/Blue-HD/commits/master

cheers

Thanks Rossi, time now aligned to left on various screens, so looks better.
Timeline bar still missing from Multi EPG.
Update icon working on first infobar, not on second infobar.

Inbuilt screens, (long yellow) IMDB look slightly odd with transparancy working in certain areas & not others.

Larry-G
13-01-14, 05:37
very nice work buddy, looking great so far.

rtype
13-01-14, 11:38
good looking skin bit of a noob here can i have more than 1 skin installed if i use this skin will i lose the picons on my quad...thanks

Larry-G
13-01-14, 11:47
good looking skin bit of a noob here can i have more than 1 skin installed if i use this skin will i lose the picons on my quad...thanks

you can have multiple skins installed but they take up valuable memory and you can only use one at a time any way.

rtype
13-01-14, 11:53
cheers for the replay pheonix ...

Daysleeper
13-01-14, 12:45
Very nice skin Rossi2000. One question...how do you get the channel numbers displayed on your planner? Mine only displays the channel name

Thanks

Daysleeper
13-01-14, 13:53
Cancel that....I figured it out :)

rossi2000
13-01-14, 19:22
VERSION 2.0.8 available through online updates.

changelog:-
skinned IMDB
fixed software update icon on infobar (was in the wrong location) and added it to the secondinfobar.

attached the ipk aswell.

seame
13-01-14, 19:28
The update still isn't showing in the list but it does update the skin.

Should the update icon be flashing?

rossi2000
13-01-14, 19:36
yes ive found out the rreason it doesnt show in the view changes page, its no fault of my feeds or the skin, but the vix server, (its no fault really just that my information isnt held on the vix server)
it will be fixed soon.

the icon will start to flash once the software update does its routine 6 hour check online and finds updates. (you can reduce the 6hour check in the settings if you want)
and as im putting online that there is a new version you wont see the icon flash as you are going staright to the software update for it. if u get what i mean.

zino
15-01-14, 01:07
great skin!

autoart
15-01-14, 16:00
Love it so does the missus :thumbsup:

zino
15-01-14, 16:12
Love it, couple of little things.
For Vu+ solo2 on Vix, the EPG rows set to 7 and not 8 as you advise as 8 doesn't look right, cuts bottom of text in boxes. 7 rows looks perfect.

When playing media from a NAS (network hard drive) the time gets cut off on info banner, it doesn't show the last digit. eg, (3.15pm 25 seconds) 15:10:25 shows as 15:10:2 yet shows correctly when playing media from internal hdd or watching a programme.

It would be great if the recordings list was taller so I wouldn't have to scroll down so much for recordings.

So far this skin is fantastic I have set it on both my vu+ boxes. Best sly blue skin by far. EPG looks really nice and clear, makes it easier to find stuff to watch, etc.

rossi2000
15-01-14, 16:25
Love it, couple of little things.
For Vu+ solo2 on Vix, the EPG rows set to 7 and not 8 as you advise as 8 doesn't look right, cuts bottom of text in boxes. 7 rows looks perfect.

When playing media from a NAS (network hard drive) the time gets cut off on info banner, it doesn't show the last digit. eg, (3.15pm 25 seconds) 15:10:25 shows as 15:10:2 yet shows correctly when playing media from internal hdd or watching a programme.

It would be great if the recordings list was taller so I wouldn't have to scroll down so much for recordings.

So far this skin is fantastic I have set it on both my vu+ boxes. Best sly blue skin by far. EPG looks really nice and clear, makes it easier to find stuff to watch, etc.

Thanks for your input. I'm back tomorrow from working away. I will look at what you suggested and make the necessary adjustments and put out an online update. Cheers

Edit. Did you change the timeline font in the epg as well to -3? If so can I have a screenshot of the text problem with 8 rows. I thought I had it done perfect :-)

zino
15-01-14, 17:09
Thanks for your input. I'm back tomorrow from working away. I will look at what you suggested and make the necessary adjustments and put out an online update. Cheers

Edit. Did you change the timeline font in the epg as well to -3? If so can I have a screenshot of the text problem with 8 rows. I thought I had it done perfect :-)Followed your instructions to the letter on two vu+ solo2 boxes. using 8 lines means the space below the text in a box on the epg is much much thinner than the top and text slightly cut off. It looks perfect with 7 lines instead. Maybe this is box specific?

One other thing, the playback info bar is blue most time but during live pause two boxes appear, one for programme and one above it for the media play pause time remaining etc, not blue. Two boxes one on top of each other doesn't look as good as one box. I wouldn't know what to suggest but you have done an amazing job so I'm sure you will continue to do so.

the now and next Infobar shows now and next but description for programme on now only, not the next one. Also, on other skins it shows how many minutes of the current programme have passed in +mins and how many left in -mins. I like that I don't know about other users.

I would prefer not to see the name of the skin in the top left, Blue HD in use. I kinda like things understated but again that's just my preference.

Congrats again on this amazing skin.
I hope you continue to develop this and create others too, I love the layout of recordings showing in the middle rather than to one side like other skins.

rossi2000
15-01-14, 22:46
yo

its not box specific, so i'll look at the EPG rows when i get back.

yes thats the timeshift bar that appears above the infobar, i have already changed this and it will be out in the next online update.

yep thats intended to show only the now programme, skys doesnt show next info afaik when i checked my sky hd box.

the skin logo is in the top left on the EPG as i couldnt get the picon to show at the time, when i can sort it, it will show the picon like the other screens. (nothing wrong with a little branding :) )

im trying to keep it close to sky as possible but still retaining some of the normal/vix things in it. there are so many ways you can do things. too hard to please everyone.

there have been quite a few changes since 2.0.8

seame
15-01-14, 23:03
Just a small bug I've picked up on.

When in the channel list (1st pic) if the info button is pressed it brings up the 2nd image. The bar that highlights the channel has been changed but as you can see the background is black.

rossi2000
15-01-14, 23:20
Just a small bug I've picked up on.

When in the channel list (1st pic) if the info button is pressed it brings up the 2nd image. The bar that highlights the channel has been changed but as you can see the background is black.

yup some of those screens still need to be skinned like the rest, some stuff im still deciding on the best way to do them, i dont want to rush in and then have to re-do them later. ive almost sussed the way i want those particular screens to look, just need to code them and sort the graphics.

some things that i do change will have a knock on effect to other screens as you can see from the yellow bar.

bigflause
16-01-14, 15:29
I love this skin and it passes the wife test as well. thanks so much. I have one request that might not even be possible. I love the info bar. it is identical to sky in look but not function. would it be possible to navigate only with the infobar. navigate up/ down to browse channel and left/ right for the epg. currently I press up and it changes channel. I want it to browse up without changing channel. if I press left it brings up another epg that has that function but looks completely different. very confusing for the wife. Then it would function exactly sly a sky box.

This is the same on all skins so it might need vix development. thanks for all the hard work.

This is the one I want to use for everything.

This is the one I want to get rid of.

rossi2000
16-01-14, 17:00
hi,
thanks for your input.

ive looked at this at the beginning, unfortunatley i dont believe thats possible.
i looked at it at the begining of creating the skin.

i dont think it will get implemented, might be alot of work just for a skin, so it maybe not worth while.

seame
16-01-14, 17:27
There is a plugin called virtualzap that might do what you want.

bigflause
16-01-14, 17:45
is there a feature request section that we could add this to for other devs to jump on board?

I could never see the point in having two info-bars. would be a lot more intuitive to use.

rossi2000
16-01-14, 17:48
virtual zap does the same as quick-epg doenst it?

seame
16-01-14, 17:51
You would need to ask Rossi2000 if its possible to skin it and if its worth his while to do so as most use the vix version of it.

seame
16-01-14, 17:54
virtual zap does the same as quick-epg doenst it?

Yep it does the same, the only difference is if you have a twin tuner virtualzap gives you pip on the infobar where the picons would normally be.

You can't see it in the screen shot but it does work.

rossi2000
16-01-14, 17:55
i have an idea!!

what would be good is if quick-epg can be made to work in reverse.
i could probably do the infobars properly then

quick-epg works = right/left change channel, up/down change epg

we need = right/left change epg, up/down change channel.

bigflause
16-01-14, 17:58
can you also change the layout to look like the infobar?

I have added a request here in case anyone know how to implement it.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?34911-Infobar-Feature-request-(project-unify)-Unifobar

rossi2000
16-01-14, 19:53
if we were able to reverse quick epg then possibly yes.

zino
16-01-14, 21:31
I am on version 2.0.8 is an update available yet?

Keep up the great work

rossi2000
16-01-14, 21:35
later tonight, im just doing more work to the menu screens.

when updates are available, i will post here and also your infobar will flash with the update icon so you know theres an update.

zino
16-01-14, 23:20
later tonight, im just doing more work to the menu screens.

when updates are available, i will post here and also your infobar will flash with the update icon so you know theres an update.I disabled the icon flashing as it wasn't working correctly on one of my boxes
I shall check here soon.

rossi2000
16-01-14, 23:34
what wasnt working correctly with the icon flashing?

rossi2000
17-01-14, 00:14
VERSION 2.0.9 online now.

TK4|2|1
17-01-14, 08:28
VERSION 2.0.9 online now.

What's changed buddy, any chance of a changelog?

Sent by pressing buttons.

rossi2000
17-01-14, 09:07
all changelogs are here mate:-

everything below build 2.0.9 is the changelog :)

Andy_Hazza
17-01-14, 10:33
Any chance of an ipk version please? :D

Larry-G
17-01-14, 10:42
use the one already posted in the thread then use the online update option.

zino
18-01-14, 00:43
what wasnt working correctly with the icon flashing?
My box not the software.
Where is the download link for the latest version, I can't see online update option on my box

Larry-G
18-01-14, 00:44
My box not the software.
Where is the download link for the latest version, I can't see online update option on my box

Which image ?.

zino
18-01-14, 00:52
Which image ?.
i'm using Vix
build 808 latest

Larry-G
18-01-14, 00:54
Then it's menu> setup> software update> (2) upgrade and reboot system.

rossi2000
18-01-14, 01:01
when you do the software update, it will show 1 update available, the only problem at the moment is it doesnt show you the details in the view changes screen.
this will be fixed soon.

you can still go ahead and install the updates and then you can check the information screen to see what build your on. it should be v2.0.9

ive attached the latest ipk, but please try to use the software update function, i implemented this so theres no messing around with ipks for users.

zino
18-01-14, 01:12
when you do the software update, it will show 1 update available, the only problem at the moment is it doesnt show you the details in the view changes screen.
this will be fixed soon.

you can still go ahead and install the updates and then you can check the information screen to see what build your on. it should be v2.0.9

ive attached the latest ipk, but please try to use the software update function, i implemented this so theres no messing around with ipks for users.

Neither of my vu+ solo2 VIX boxes show any updates when I go into settings and software update, just says it is checking in background and nothing happens.

I will use the IPK thank you.

judge
18-01-14, 01:16
...when I go into settings and software update, just says it is checking in background and nothing happens...
Suggests a corrupt opkg file, have a look in /var/lib/opkg/lists/ for any large files & delete them.
Then run a software update, not a skin issue.

rossi2000
18-01-14, 01:26
hmm strange.
try this,

delete all files from /var/lib/opkg/lists

and then see how it goes for the next update

rossi2000
18-01-14, 01:30
oops didnt realise you posted judge, i wrote a reply and forgot to post it lol until i just got back now

judge
18-01-14, 01:41
oops didnt realise you posted judge, i wrote a reply and forgot to post it lol until i just got back now

No worries, just pointing out it's probably an image issue rather than your skin issue.
Keep up the good work.

zino
18-01-14, 02:49
Suggests a corrupt opkg file, have a look in /var/lib/opkg/lists/ for any large files & delete them.
Then run a software update, not a skin issue.

I know it's not a skin issue that's why I said it's my box.

Thanks for the tip

zino
18-01-14, 02:51
hmm strange.
try this,

delete all files from /var/lib/opkg/lists

and then see how it goes for the next updateA lot of files are here, is it safe to delete them? your username shows up and file size is 0 for it.

judge
18-01-14, 02:59
A lot of files are here, is it safe to delete them? your username shows up and file size is 0 for it.

Yes, delete them & then run a software update.

zino
18-01-14, 03:17
Yes, delete them & then run a software update.

I did this and restarted enigma, now it's working but there is nothing to update as I updated the IPK but at least I can update from the box now thanks guys

jacquesy90
18-01-14, 16:49
i cant get this to work on my vu solo, latest vix img

ive ftpd it over to box and installed local extension but the install fails

am i doing this worg? help please skin looks excellent!

seame
18-01-14, 16:59
When it fails to install do you get an error message?

rossi2000
18-01-14, 17:00
what is the error when it fails to install?

Larry-G
18-01-14, 17:01
Also what is the latest image ?. Your latest and the actual latest may be two different things.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

jacquesy90
18-01-14, 17:11
haha. 808

i dont know im not at my box atm think it was something to do with flash?

i was trying to install ipk file.

i installed the older blue hd skin, using the larger folder into usr/share/enigma2 and that seemed to work but the ipk doesent. as you can tell im a newbie to all this lol lot of learning to be done

seame
18-01-14, 17:12
I updated to 2.0.9 and the update icon is still flashing indicating that there is another update available

rossi2000
18-01-14, 17:15
haha. 808

i dont know im not at my box atm think it was something to do with flash?

i was trying to install ipk file.

i installed the older blue hd skin, using the larger folder into usr/share/enigma2 and that seemed to work but the ipk doesent. as you can tell im a newbie to all this lol lot of learning to be done

delete the older blue-hd folder and try to install the ipk again

jacquesy90
18-01-14, 17:19
ok cheers mate, do i delete the folder from in ftp yes?

and which version of the ipk is best to install?

and wer is the ipk file going tmp?

rossi2000
18-01-14, 17:35
change skin back to vix-night-hd.
then delete the Blue-HD from /usr/share/enigma2

restart e2
then transfer the 2.0.9 ipk to /tmp and install in install local extensions

rossi2000
18-01-14, 17:37
I updated to 2.0.9 and the update icon is still flashing indicating that there is another update available

there isnt any newer updates dude, do any updates appear when you do software update?

seame
18-01-14, 17:43
I've just run the software update but currently the feeds are down for maintenance

rossi2000
18-01-14, 18:44
try delete all the files from /var/lib/opkg/lists.

seame
18-01-14, 19:02
Did that and ran the software update and thats sorted it. Cheers

Edit

I posted too soon, the icon is flashing again

rossi2000
18-01-14, 19:48
weird.... it cant be picking up an update from my skin as there isnt one.

so now when you do a software update what happens?

seame
18-01-14, 20:03
There are 3 ocram picon updates listed now when I run software update. Is the icon for any new updates on the vix feeds or just for your skin?

rossi2000
18-01-14, 20:06
haha its for all updates not just my skin :)

hmm that got me thinking, if i can put a different colour update icon and it only flashes that colour for my skin updates..

seame
18-01-14, 20:11
Lol, that explains it! Keep up the good work the skin is looking superb

jacquesy90
18-01-14, 20:26
change skin back to vix-night-hd.
then delete the Blue-HD from /usr/share/enigma2

restart e2
then transfer the 2.0.9 ipk to /tmp and install in install local extensions

did that mate, still getting error..... cannot alocate memory.....failed to extract control file from...

jacquesy90
18-01-14, 20:44
Sorted it, finally lol. Installed it through media scanner. god knows why it wouldnt install thru vix and i had to go through media scanner. but its up and running and looking brilliant mate, thanks for the help!

rossi2000
20-01-14, 01:31
BUILD 2.0.10 ONLINE

update available through vix software update.

some slim screens skinned
many menu screens skinned
new setup screens
new menu screen
split menu date and time
new record icon
new moviebar screen
new timeshift screen
new status icons (play/ff etc)
updated unhandled-key icon

loads of internal screens skinned.
some external plugins skinned for Blue-HD (WIP)

enjoy!

zino
20-01-14, 21:23
BUILD 2.0.10 ONLINE

update available through vix software update.

some slim screens skinned
many menu screens skinned
new setup screens
new menu screen
split menu date and time
new record icon
new moviebar screen
new timeshift screen
new status icons (play/ff etc)
updated unhandled-key icon

loads of internal screens skinned.
some external plugins skinned for Blue-HD (WIP)

enjoy!

with version 2.0.9 FULL screen EPG wouldnt show description of the programme highlighted and the times along the top were blurry. EPG with the programme showing in top right corner was fine.

I have updated my box and absolutely love the pause/play button, the new pause bar, everything is amazing. I will report back after I update living room box regarding the EPG issue.

rossi2000
20-01-14, 22:04
yo, thx for the input :)

if you havent done so please change your full epg screen to text mode only.
graphics mode has a bug in atm.

do you still have the prob in 2.0.10?

also could you post a screenshot of the things you mentioned in your first paragraph?

Daysleeper
20-01-14, 22:14
Really impressed with this skin Rossi2000. No plans to go anywhere else. Thanks for the effort :)

zino
20-01-14, 22:17
yo, thx for the input :)

if you havent done so please change your full epg screen to text mode only.
graphics mode has a bug in atm.

do you still have the prob in 2.0.10?

also could you post a screenshot of the things you mentioned in your first paragraph?

Already had EPG on text mode.

I took a screenshot of the problem on version 2.0.9 the other night.
As you can see the times are blurred, in blue, fuzzy. There is no programme description in the top left corner of the programme highlighted, the EPG takes up the whole screen. On other skins the FULL screen EPG leaves a little room to show programme description.

All settings done as you stated / requested.

I will check once I update the living room box if the problems still exist

rossi2000
20-01-14, 22:19
ahhh how do you get that screen ?

theres too many screens going on haha

rossi2000
20-01-14, 22:37
found the screen and fixed it, will be in the next update :)

there is no room for programme description on that type of EPG screen.

rossi2000
21-01-14, 00:16
BUILD 2.0.11 online

tweaked window'd offset
new window'd pngs
new Single & Multi EPG Screens and fixed Graphical EPG screen

enjoy

Clabs
21-01-14, 00:43
Coming along really nicely, Rossi - thanks for the work you are putting in on this mate - much appreciated :thumbsup:

zino
21-01-14, 02:57
BUILD 2.0.11 online

tweaked window'd offset
new window'd pngs
new Single & Multi EPG Screens and fixed Graphical EPG screen

enjoy havent tried latest yet.
Is the time in white instead of yellow now?

Looks amazing so far cant believe how good it looks.

Since i installed this skin my Recording logo on the LED screen on the solo2 boxdoesnt come up during recordings. dont know if its related.

zino
21-01-14, 04:42
ignore my comment about the recording logo, after a couple of hours i have discovered it is a timeshift bug, took me ages and a lot of thinking.

Fantastic skin that is coming along great, you havw given us more than we could ask for and continue to do so.
Only thing i would request is again more space to see my recordings when i enter the recordings list. most of it is taken by by the theme, perhaps squeeze a few more lines out.
and on full screen epg some other skins show description so it would be great if this skin does too.

Keep it up, I hope you create other plugins and such I would definately try them, this skin is top drawer and gets better and better

rossi2000
21-01-14, 09:17
yo, cheers for the input.

the text was kept yellow on the graphical epg, just to fix the problem, this screen still needs to be skinned, but i dont know in what style yet.

if you want the programme description in EPG can you change the PIG version? that looks way better than the standard graphical epg and has what you want.
but i will look at what you suggest aswell when i come to skin it.

ive added your suggestion about the planner to my list and will look it soon.

cheers!

turnerfromdover
21-01-14, 17:40
Just installed this one and I'm sticking with it mate KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ;)

BobbyC
21-01-14, 21:57
WOWZERS !! I've been rocking the standard vix skin for 2 years !! This has made me change, super job, :)

rossi2000
22-01-14, 00:45
BUILD 2.0.12 online update avaialble.

too many changes/tweaks to list
menu screens etc.

zino
22-01-14, 01:31
yo, cheers for the input.

the text was kept yellow on the graphical epg, just to fix the problem, this screen still needs to be skinned, but i dont know in what style yet.

if you want the programme description in EPG can you change the PIG version? that looks way better than the standard graphical epg and has what you want.
but i will look at what you suggest aswell when i come to skin it.

ive added your suggestion about the planner to my list and will look it soon.

cheers!
My family do not like the picture in graphics EPG, whereas I love it.

I have switched back to graphical EPG from text as you fixed that in the last not latest update. I have gone back to 8 lines of EPG instead of the 7 I personally felt worked better for text EPG. Looks great.

I look forward to trying the update. This skin is by far my fave skin and the one I am sticking to. Not just because it is reminiscent of Sly TV but it looks so slick, clean and glossy/professional. I don't know how you are doing it as others have apparently struggled.

I am loving it.

Wonder what latest update brings :)

Andy_Hazza
22-01-14, 07:39
Superb skin rossi, absolutely class skin, you should be very be proud of your efforts. 10/10. :thumbsup:

rossi2000
22-01-14, 09:07
My family do not like the picture in graphics EPG, whereas I love it.

I have switched back to graphical EPG from text as you fixed that in the last not latest update. I have gone back to 8 lines of EPG instead of the 7 I personally felt worked better for text EPG. Looks great.

I look forward to trying the update. This skin is by far my fave skin and the one I am sticking to. Not just because it is reminiscent of Sly TV but it looks so slick, clean and glossy/professional. I don't know how you are doing it as others have apparently struggled.

I am loving it.

Wonder what latest update brings :)

i know what you mean, the graphics are second to none and dont look tacky/crap.

you must thank simonsez he is the whizz behind the graphics, he does the graphics and i do the coding.

also as i dont have to keep re-doing my infobars etc cos we got it right first time, you wont see much change on them really, most of the stuff now is skinning the the hundreds of different screens in line with blue-hd, quite a tedious task but it needs to be done so were not just doing half a job.

obviously we welcome any and all input to see what we could do better.

Wizard55
22-01-14, 18:38
excellent skin rossi.. keep up the good work

Andy_Hazza
23-01-14, 16:10
Hi rossi, could you tell me how I would go about getting rid of the picon on the info bar (one click ok on the remote when watching tv) as I don't like this feature, that is just my preference. A great job you have done. :thumbsup:

Regards,

rossi2000
23-01-14, 16:30
you can remove some lines of code from the infobar, i will let you know when i get home.

i might introduce a solution whereby you can change things from the menus. without having to maintain 2 skins.

a blue-hd config tool or something.

rossi2000
23-01-14, 16:34
there will also be some blue-hd addons to compliment the skin coming v.soon and will be avaialble via the feeds.

rossi2000
24-01-14, 20:42
build 2.0.13 online

fix background
fix softcam manager
skinned software update
new default picon
many many screen updates
skinned network wizard
new window'd pngs
quite a few new icons/pngs

enjoy

rossi2000
24-01-14, 20:53
screenshots are uploaded to git to keep them in one place

https://github.com/rossi2000/Blue-HD/tree/master/screenshots

they will get updated and more added as time goes on so you can see most stuff before you use it.

i also thought to maybe make use of the git issue tracker, this should keep issues and issues resolved in 1 place aswell.

https://github.com/rossi2000/Blue-HD/issues

you can create an issue/enhancement there if need be aswell as on the forum.

rossi2000
24-01-14, 21:56
new bootlogo attached (WIP):-

ipk attached.

the ipk will backup your existing bootlogo and backdrop and install the new ones.

if you want to go back to openvix originals just un-install the bootlogo from remove plugins.

what do u think?

Larry-G
24-01-14, 21:59
new bootlogo attached:-

ipk attached.

the ipk will backup your existing bootlogo and backdrop and install the new ones.

if you want to go back to openvix originals just un-install the bootlogo from remove plugins.

what do u think?

Nice work mate, very impressed with your progress, so far and so fast.

rossi2000
24-01-14, 22:01
i like the bootlogo alot, but i think its missing something, probably a background colour of some sort. maybe its just me though :)

Larry-G
24-01-14, 22:04
yeah something to give it that OOMPH factor.

rossi2000
24-01-14, 22:08
the actual logo is bob on, just looks lonely as is :)

seame
24-01-14, 22:41
I installed the bootlogo ipk then run the software update and rebooted. The box took over 10 minutes to start up again which is a lot longer than normal, also crossepg data didn't return when it eventually did start up. I'm not saying it has anything to do with the skin update I'm just posting in case it has.

The bootlogo looks great!

rossi2000
24-01-14, 22:51
hmm ive never seen that before on a online update.

i have seen that before though when my usb stick lost its mount point.

a few people i know who've already done the update didnt mention anything went like that.

tbh i cant see the update taking so long, unless its downloaded something else?

seame
24-01-14, 22:57
The only other packages that were updated were 3 ocram picons that always seem to be there. Would a debug log work with a software update? if yes then I'll enable before your next update. Hopefully it was just a one off.

Larry-G
24-01-14, 22:58
Excessive boot time could be a number of things such as the receiver doing a checkdisk on the HDD at bootup, the only way to know for sure would be to log the bootup with a rs232 session in putty.

rossi2000
24-01-14, 22:59
im not to sure about the debug log, but ye good idea see if it happens again and if the debug log gives us any information :)

Larry-G
24-01-14, 23:04
The only other packages that were updated were 3 ocram picons that always seem to be there. Would a debug log work with a software update? if yes then I'll enable before your next update. Hopefully it was just a one off.

If memory serves the image does generate a update log when the receiver is updating, not sure where that lives though or if its only generated when using the image manager to flash the image.

Andy_Hazza
25-01-14, 16:08
Hi peeps, Anyone have any ideas how I can disable picons or the ble hd picon in the info bar (single click ok when watching tv). Its not to my preference that's all. The skin is superb. :thumbsup:

rossi2000
25-01-14, 16:11
Hi peeps, Anyone have any ideas how I can disable picons or the ble hd picon in the info bar (single click ok when watching tv). Its not to my preference that's all. The skin is superb. :thumbsup:

sorry mate i forgot to give you the info but instead i just modified the xml for you

just replace the one in /usr/share/enigma2/Blue-HD

:)

Andy_Hazza
25-01-14, 18:35
Thanks Rossi, you are a star! :D

rossi2000
27-01-14, 02:05
build 2.0.14 online update

new epg-nopig screen
new multi quick-epg screen
new motorised dish movement screen
many updates to existing screens
quite a few new icons/pngs for blue-hd

you can see whats been going on on github:-

enjoy!

screenshots on github aswell

zino
28-01-14, 01:26
build 2.0.14 online update

new epg-nopig screen
new multi quick-epg screen
new motorised dish movement screen
many updates to existing screens
quite a few new icons/pngs for blue-hd

you can see whats been going on on github:-

enjoy!

screenshots on github aswell

The hourly times along top and text for the channel name that is highlighted are blurry in Graphics mode. In Text mode epg is fine.

rossi2000
28-01-14, 14:49
yes i know, the problem exists in the original vix-night hd skin aswell you just cant see it as much due to the colours used on it.
it stands out alot more on mine becuase of the light background used on the timeline.

ive not found a way to fix that yet, thats the only problem i can see atm with the timeline.

ptl141
09-02-14, 20:20
First of all I'd like to say it's an excellent skin & keep up the good work. Is there a way of amending (tweak or an adding-on) the skin where the ECM/SNR/AGC/Transponders/Provider/Encryption are displayed as in the pics in post #1 (2ndinforbar.jpg) when zapping channels (like the vix nightly tweak posted).

rossi2000
09-02-14, 22:54
yes you can modifiy to suit your needs if required, the same way as the vix-night-hd mod

ptl141
10-02-14, 11:51
yes you can modifiy to suit your needs if required, the same way as the vix-night-hd mod

Thanks but how do I do it on this skin (tweak)?

rossi2000
10-02-14, 12:27
what exactly do u want to do mate? do you want to put the extra info from the second infobar onto the first infobar?

ptl141
10-02-14, 12:45
what exactly do u want to do mate? do you want to put the extra info from the second infobar onto the first infobar?

Yes. See pic in the thread below (thats the kind of information I want to see on the infobar when zapping):

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27943-ViX-Night-HD-ECM-Skin-Mod

Thanks

rossi2000
10-02-14, 13:00
ah thats looks like the secondinfobar has been used for the firstinfobar.

that will require some extra work. it wont be as easy to do that, youd have to edit the png with photoshop etc. not something i want to undertake just for that dude.

hopefully someone else who wants that feature could help you out or something, sorry i cant be of much assistance with that right now.

this skin is pretty much done apart from some graphics we are going to replace in the near future and fix a couple bugs that we found.

ptl141
10-02-14, 13:36
ah thats looks like the secondinfobar has been used for the firstinfobar.

that will require some extra work. it wont be as easy to do that, youd have to edit the png with photoshop etc. not something i want to undertake just for that dude.

hopefully someone else who wants that feature could help you out or something, sorry i cant be of much assistance with that right now.

this skin is pretty much done apart from some graphics we are going to replace in the near future and fix a couple bugs that we found.

Thanks again. Hopefully someone will work on that. One final thing; I'm using the latest version of the skin. Do I still need to follow the instructions in your first post?

rossi2000
10-02-14, 13:42
yep, those are to adjust the settings abit to make it not look cramped.

zino
12-02-14, 16:37
new bootlogo attached (WIP):-

ipk attached.

what do u think?
How do I replace the bootlogo with my own, or edit the openvix one you created?

rossi2000
12-02-14, 16:39
replace backdrop.mvi
replace bootlogo.mvi

both located in /usr/share

i can post up the pngs later if i still have them, the bootlogo has moved along nicely since i posted that one.

zino
12-02-14, 17:50
replace backdrop.mvi
replace bootlogo.mvi

both located in /usr/share

i can post up the pngs later if i still have them, the bootlogo has moved along nicely since i posted that one.Lol, I actually read through and found an application that converts jpegs to mvi files and then I just ftp them across but thanks for the info, I guess I assumed I wouldn't find it so easy by myself.

Called
Dream Logo Generator

the ftp side doesn't work for me maybe because of default password but I just ftp it across with filezilla.
Now I will start on the spinners.
I want to make it very generic basically, no branding of any sort. I am looking to keep the look of blue hd without the name blue hd, that will be the next bit after I install a generic spinner. I just like things without labels/branding mostly lol.

Love the support for these boxes.

rossi2000
12-02-14, 17:58
yup thats what i used to convert the jpgs :) handy bit of software. i dont think theres anything better out there unless someone knows.
i think the process of converting from jpg to mvi loses some quality imo.

seame
12-02-14, 18:53
Is there a way to show what is on now and next on the screen below?

rossi2000
12-02-14, 19:02
yup there is a way, but imo there is no room for it mate. to keep in line with sly

seame
12-02-14, 19:51
What is it I need to change or add? I was poking about inside the skin files last week and comparing them with the vix night hd ones to see if I could it workout but I can't :confused:.

rossi2000
13-02-14, 16:11
you need to add the widgets for what you want to show, but i dunno where you'll put them, there isnt much room.

seame
13-02-14, 21:29
Cheers I'll do some research over the weekend.

zino
16-02-14, 15:42
I have seen similar skins now but Blue HD by far the best. I like that it says Blue HD as opposed to plastering Sly on it like some other skins. Thanks for the skin and the boot logo which in turn got me into doing my own boot logos. Keep it up

Larry-G
16-02-14, 15:51
I have seen similar skins now but Blue HD by far the best. I like that it says Blue HD as opposed to plastering Sly on it like some other skins. Thanks for the skin and the boot logo which in turn got me into doing my own boot logos. Keep it up

you think thats good ?, keep your eyes peeled for his new skin ( please dont ask when ), it'll knock your socks off.

Stanman
16-02-14, 17:28
you think thats good ?, keep your eyes peeled for his new skin ( please dont ask when ), it'll knock your socks off.

Have to agree with that, its going to rock

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Rahat786786
16-02-14, 19:29
Where can I download the latest version from? Cannot find it in the feeds, thanks!

simonsez
16-02-14, 19:38
Alternative boot logo

simonsez
16-02-14, 19:39
add the package in the original post in your temp folder and it will offer the updates from there

Rahat786786
16-02-14, 19:58
Oh my, the skin is beautiful! The only issue I have is the channel selection screen when you press Up or Down. It would be awesome if you could have a version with the same layout as the original vix HD so I can see whats giving now and next. Otherwise, great skin!

CVILLE
17-02-14, 02:44
hi could someone put up a link to the latest build
thanks

Andy_Hazza
17-02-14, 08:45
the ipk file is on page 8. build 2.0.9. Install the updaye via software updates. :thumbsup:

CVILLE
17-02-14, 10:44
thanks new at this lol:confused:
is it possilbe to add a splash screen to that as well thanks

CVILLE
17-02-14, 11:38
hi just installed but cant see channel numbers in epg, or any picons
help much appeciated

alba1978
17-02-14, 16:09
I think this skin is now on v 2.15 and wondered if any one can upload it.

Larry-G
17-02-14, 16:23
I think this skin is now on v 2.15 and wondered if any one can upload it.

Just install the version from this thread and use the images own online update feature to grab the latest one from the feeds.

simonsez
17-02-14, 16:38
use ocram picons from the plugin feeds use the white transparent ones (MENU, PLUGINS) DOWNLOAD, PICONS. and service number is down to cross epg settings i believe not skin. so check which settings you are using.

alba1978
17-02-14, 16:41
Just install the version from this thread and use the images own online update feature to grab the latest one from the feeds.

when I am trying to update it wont let me it says background update checks are in place try later . it has done this since yesterday

CVILLE
17-02-14, 16:48
when I am trying to update it wont let me it says background update checks are in place try later . it has done this since yesterday

also gettting that message

Larry-G
17-02-14, 16:53
Sounds like your lists directory may have become corrupted, try deleting all the files in this directory then reboot. Sorry I cant give the exact location rite now as im not near a receiver to check.

Larry-G
17-02-14, 16:55
See here. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?p=269197

alba1978
17-02-14, 18:35
See here. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?p=269197

that doesn't work and just done a fresh install and still the same

Larry-G
17-02-14, 18:42
Then it could be the Aidra virus issue,

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=27477

any more questions about this virus please post in the above quoted thread, lets not take this thread too far off topic, it's for rossi's and simonsez's skin after all.

Andy_Hazza
17-02-14, 20:45
same here. Done what Rob said in the thread you've mentioned n no joy. Would someone be kind enough to make an ipk version of the latest blue image, pppllleeeaaassseeeeeeeee

rossi2000
17-02-14, 20:51
I can upload when I return Wednesday evening.

Andy_Hazza
17-02-14, 20:55
thanks rossi :thumbsup:

Rahat786786
17-02-14, 21:50
I was wondering if you could possibly bring out a version with the default channel list selection screen that Vix HD Night has. I have been trying to do it myself but I am totally lost, otherwise great skin.

alba1978
17-02-14, 21:54
I have removed this skin and my box is doing a software update but it says nothing to update which it should say as there is nothing to update.The problem seems to be with the host server of the update by the looks of it.

Then it could be the Aidra virus issue,

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=27477

any more questions about this virus please post in the above quoted thread, lets not take this thread too far off topic, it's for rossi's and simonsez's skin after all.

imgold
18-02-14, 08:39
The problem is that the hosting account for the blue hd skin i was using has been suspended ( http://rossi2000.x10.mx/ ) so the update will always fail... skin removed problem solved

This issue is not unique to me anyone using this skin will have the same thing if they try a software update

Larry-G
18-02-14, 08:42
actually you dont need to remove the skin, just the feed for the time being until rossi fixes it.

rossi2000
18-02-14, 23:06
stupid hosting suspended itself cos i didnt log in for a month lol
its back on now. :)

Rahat786786
18-02-14, 23:28
Thanks, updated to latest version. I noticed that on the channel selection screen (when you press up or down, TV GUIDE) on the top left it shows the programme information and also the time it starts. Would it be possible to also have the time it ends?

Thanks

rossi2000
18-02-14, 23:39
yes i will add what you suggest to the next build,

ive added it to my todo list on github:-

https://github.com/rossi2000/Blue-HD/issues?state=open

Andy_Hazza
19-02-14, 07:41
What is the latest version? I've just tried a software update, says nothing to update. I also uninstalled blue-hd, installed version 2.0.9 again and updated it but only version 2.0.14?

Thanks,

Andy_Hazza
20-02-14, 19:28
latest build peeps?

rossi2000
20-02-14, 19:38
yup 2.0.14 is the latest build

Andy_Hazza
20-02-14, 20:41
Thank you rossi. Someone put 2.1.15 as the latest build that's why I got confused. Sorry about that.

Rahat786786
20-02-14, 21:22
Sorry for the continuous pestering mate but was wondering if you are going to put a recording icon so we can tell when something is recording?

Thanks, great skin cracking work!

rossi2000
20-02-14, 21:56
added to the to-do list, will get around to it soon.

want to get what im working on now done asap.

Rahat786786
20-02-14, 21:59
added to the to-do list, will get around to it soon.

want to get what im working on now done asap.

Thanks!

Im sure what you are working on is great as i have heard some very complimentary comments.

robi62
28-02-14, 14:53
Hi Rossi lovely skin
2 questions 4 u ru same rossi as from dboxuk???
Second i installed skin on openatv 3 and er images o4 on my vu duo everything works except signal info transpoder info
is this because is only vix compatible and not for other images of oe Alliance???

Larry-G
28-02-14, 15:45
yes he's that rossi, as for the skin although the OE-Alliance share a common GIT and build environment we still maintain our own Enigma2, so there may be slight differences and compatibility issues between OE-A member teams images for skins and plugins etc.

robi62
28-02-14, 16:39
Oh my god I remeber doing a backup of his lovely dbox uk v212....
Pheonix a bit off topic when will we see a openvix4.0 version???
Ill ask coz 3 version slow and buggy compared to ope.p.. 4 which I use most of times until I try a new version from u to see any improvements

Larry-G
28-02-14, 16:54
well you wont see openvix 4 as it does not exist, openvix 4 is just the code name we are using for the beta, the final image will have a different name, as for the release date, as soon as were happy with the finished product it will be released. should not be too far off now though.

bennyxf1
28-02-14, 17:26
well you wont see openvix 4 as it does not exist, openvix 4 is just the code name we are using for the beta, the final image will have a different name, as for the release date, as soon as were happy with the finished product it will be released. should not be too far off now though.

:confused:
Days?.....Hours??.....Weeks???.....Months????

Any clues?????:p (pretty please)

Larry-G
28-02-14, 17:45
sorry mate i'm not saying this just to be a dick but we really cant give ETA's, any bug found for example can and does push the image release back, all i can say iis that we are very close and in the final stages of testing now.

bennyxf1
28-02-14, 18:24
I understand that mate, and everyone on here appreciates the work your doing.
Keep it up! (well, not literally!!!!!):thumbsup:

bennyxf1
28-02-14, 18:28
How do you go about testing? Is it done across various box manufacturers????

Larry-G
28-02-14, 18:34
yes we support approximately 21 receivers from a number of manufacturers and test the image on all of them, well as much as we can.

bennyxf1
28-02-14, 18:39
Bloody hell. Fair play man

tariqml
05-03-14, 15:52
Hi Rossi where can i download build 2.0.13 don't see any links

Thanks

tariqml
05-03-14, 16:17
Hi Rossi where can i download the lasted build please

Larry-G
05-03-14, 17:44
Hi Rossi where can i download the lasted build please

This is the very latest version of rossi's blue HD 2 skin.

tariqml
05-03-14, 21:04
Thanks pheonix

Larry-G
05-03-14, 21:08
Thanks pheonix

No worries buddy, Just happy i could help.

Andy_Hazza
05-03-14, 21:40
Thanks buddy. :thumbsup:

salah100
11-03-14, 23:37
Will dis work with Zeus

Larry-G
12-03-14, 00:32
yes, there is no reason why it would not.

salah100
12-03-14, 00:33
yes, there is no reason why it would not.

Thank you

pspmixer
12-03-14, 17:42
created bootlogos to go with this skin please look at my thread

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?36184-boot-logos-to-work-with-blue-hd-skin&p=274037#post274037

seame
16-03-14, 20:01
I'm going to be installing the new image shortly and was wondering if Rossi's new skin that was mentioned earlier in this thread has been released yet and if so whats it called?

judge
16-03-14, 20:07
no, it hasn't been released as of yet.

simonsez
16-03-14, 20:59
we are working on it. it will be worth the wait. Rossi has been away for 2 week. Once he gets back i think it will be sorted within a few week

e1f123
19-03-14, 21:13
According to the exact looks, whose skins matches the exact sky had one?

Fraggle or Rossi

simonsez
19-03-14, 21:56
well im slightly biassed. but from my point of view this was built by us both with the intention to replicate as close as possible within the enigma / vix setup and without having the sky logo plastered all over

e1f123
20-03-14, 18:22
4. picons
use OCRAMS SHD transparent picons.

I can't seem to find them, can someone please link me to them?

also http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31828&d=1389542992&thumb=1

i don't get it like that?????

Cool tv guide, what is it meant to resemble?

simonsez
20-03-14, 19:38
the picons are on the feeds. Under plugins on the vix image

tariqml
21-03-14, 21:26
Hi
I noticed when downloading CrossEPG and when its loading data the graphic goes dark grey and also when Defragment database does the same graphic goes dark grey on Vix image
Can that be sorted please
Thanks

simonsez
22-03-14, 23:18
ive noticed that as well. no problem. noted

gazaz
23-03-14, 11:10
I have just done a clean install of VIX Zeus on a VU+ Solo2. The most recent ipk for blueHD doesn't seem to install or show up in skins. Does it need an update to work with the new version of VIX ?? Is there a way to manually install it ?? I also can't see it in the plugin download manager.

thx

Larry-G
23-03-14, 11:21
Your likely looking in the wrong place.

Menu> setup> system> user interface> skin setup.

gazaz
23-03-14, 12:00
Your likely looking in the wrong place.

Menu> setup> system> user interface> skin setup.

Did look there but it doesn't show up. Installed some other skins with the plugin download manager and they show up fine.

gazaz
23-03-14, 14:12
Sorry messed up - failed to select the green tick when installing the ipk. New to this so rookie mistake !!!

chaser
23-03-14, 16:13
Hi,

Love this skin. Only niggle I've found is with the MovieSelection screen. The ListBox shows 20 record items, but the text in the listbox is cut off at the bottom of each line to fit all 20 items into the available space.

I've had a look at the skin file, and have found the line that shows the list...

<widget name="list" position="100,332" size="1075,310" zPosition="3" scrollbarMode="showOnDemand" selectionPixmap="Blue-HD/buttons/FocusBar_H36x1075.png" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="skydarkblue" transparent="0" enableWrapAround="1" />
...but I'm struggling to work out how to change things. Ideally I'd like to reduce the number of records shown on the screen from 20 to (say) 10, or perhaps reduce the font size, but I can't find any way to do this.

Any ideas?

Andy_Hazza
23-03-14, 16:16
Hi,

Love this skin. Only niggle I've found is with the MovieSelection screen. The ListBox shows 20 record items, but the text in the listbox is cut off at the bottom of each line to fit all 20 items into the available space.

I've had a look at the skin file, and have found the line that shows the list...

<widget name="list" position="100,332" size="1075,310" zPosition="3" scrollbarMode="showOnDemand" selectionPixmap="Blue-HD/buttons/FocusBar_H36x1075.png" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="skydarkblue" transparent="0" enableWrapAround="1" />
...but I'm struggling to work out how to change things. Ideally I'd like to reduce the number of records shown on the screen from 20 to (say) 10, or perhaps reduce the font size, but I can't find any way to do this.

Any ideas?

Look on page one of this post and details are there on changes you need to make in settings. :thumbsup:

chaser
23-03-14, 16:37
Look on page one of this post and details are there on changes you need to make in settings. :thumbsup:

Duh! Why do I always have to look for the most difficult solution, when a simple answer already exists!

Thanks.

Andy_Hazza
23-03-14, 16:54
lol. Its no worries buddy. We are all here to help. :D

Dyno
24-03-14, 22:21
Hi guys, downloaded and installed the skin, great work!!

Ive noticed on my EPG that its all one shade of blue,

and the other screenshots that have been posted seem to have two shades,

a shade for current program which appears to be missing on my own

Any ideas?

Cheers !!

Larry-G
24-03-14, 22:45
Hi guys, downloaded and installed the skin, great work!!

Ive noticed on my EPG that its all one shade of blue,

and the other screenshots that have been posted seem to have two shades,

a shade for current program which appears to be missing on my own

Any ideas?

Cheers !!

I suspect you may have your Graphical EPG set to text mode rather than graphics mode, it's easy enough to change it.

while in the graphical EPG mode hit the enter button to pull up the settings menu, you should be able to change it there, sorry i cant be more specific but i'm at work and not near a receiver to get the exact path needed.

rossi2000
25-03-14, 16:26
in later builds it was changed to be all blue. try to avoid using graphics mode epg as theres a bug which will display blocky timeline text. so text mode is preferred at this time.

im trying to source spare funds for a new box, my quad recently died.

although i have another box to use myself atm, there is no vix image for it :( and certainly not compatible with the brand new skin which we were working on before my box died.

so both projects are on hold atm.

simonsez
25-03-14, 20:15
can we start a donation for rossi's much needed sat box? wanna get this beast of a skin sorted lol

seame
25-03-14, 20:47
can we start a donation for rossi's much needed sat box? wanna get this beast of a skin sorted lol

Maybe he could try posting a selfie with makeup on to raise the funds?

s1m0nw
25-03-14, 20:51
or cock in a sock selfie lol

rossi2000
25-03-14, 21:27
now now :)

Dyno
25-03-14, 21:30
ok guys, cheers for the replys and keep up the great work

griff
26-03-14, 21:53
I have the same probs as chaser with the planner. I can't find the planner settings in the system menu ? It's prob me being a pleb but can someone put me in the right direction
Thanks

chaser
26-03-14, 22:09
I have the same probs as chaser with the planner. I can't find the planner settings in the system menu ? It's prob me being a pleb but can someone put me in the right direction
Thanks

Bring up the recorded file list, press the menu button, then select settings...

griff
26-03-14, 22:29
Thanks chaser saved me a headache ha

Sicilian
30-03-14, 17:29
This is the very latest version of rossi's blue HD 2 skin.

Added to 1st post in this thread.

Thameswater
01-04-14, 12:51
hi, i just installed zeus on the Vu Duo and updated immediately.
i downloaded the IPK and the RAR, FTPd to /var/volatile/tmp (for some reason i dont have/tmp it just redirects there)
cannot find it anywhere on the box.
restarted, blue button/vix//install local extention/ nothing there
menu/setup/UI/skip setup nothing there

what do i have to do? ive been trying for over an hour now, googled till my eyes hurt. nothings working.

im on the very latest zeus as of today as software uodate says im on the current build

rossi2000
01-04-14, 13:32
you just need to ftp the ipk to the tmp folder, it certainly should show up in "install local extension" where you can install it from there
then it will be available for you to select it from the Skin Setup menu.

ive not been able to test this myself yet on zeus though.

Larry-G
01-04-14, 13:39
ive not been able to test this myself yet on zeus though.

No issues installing your latest version on Zeus ( just this second tested on my solo2 ).

simonsez
01-04-14, 20:24
works on my Vu Duo on Zeus :-)

stewartie4
03-04-14, 00:13
I'm sorry I know you don't want anyone to, but I love this skin soooooo much I have to ask..... WHEN?!?? lol

Larry-G
03-04-14, 05:26
its not my work mate but rossi and simonsez, at this moment i believe rossi is waiting a new receiver as his has died on him.

simonsez
03-04-14, 16:59
as Phoenix said, Rossi's quad died so waiting to raise funds so he can dev with the box. we wanted the skin done weeks ago, but didnt plan for this bit. Again anyone want to donate a box to a good cause then by all means. I cant say much about the skin we are doing, but i promise it will be well worth the wait