PDA

View Full Version : Blue-HD V2

Pages : 1 [2]

Nattrass
03-04-14, 21:23
as Phoenix said, Rossi's quad died so waiting to raise funds so he can dev with the box. we wanted the skin done weeks ago, but didnt plan for this bit. Again anyone want to donate a box to a good cause then by all means. I cant say much about the skin we are doing, but i promise it will be well worth the wait

That just gets me more excited.....cant wait :D

stewartie4
04-04-14, 23:04
as Phoenix said, Rossi's quad died so waiting to raise funds so he can dev with the box. we wanted the skin done weeks ago, but didnt plan for this bit. Again anyone want to donate a box to a good cause then by all means. I cant say much about the skin we are doing, but i promise it will be well worth the wait

will it continue / be an update on the SKY skin? because I have to say it's amazing!

ronan c
09-04-14, 22:59
wow! what a skin BIG Thank you to the blueHD TEAM

stewartie4
10-04-14, 01:18
wow! what a skin BIG Thank you to the blueHD TEAM

+1 to that! Lets just hope it continues to be updated!

judge
10-04-14, 01:37
+1 to that! Lets just hope it continues to be updated!

How about we all chip in a £5 so, 30 of us would easily buy @rossi2000 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/member.php?1597-rossi2000) a decent E2 box from the forum sponsor. Not the usual way a skin is developed, but maybe worth it?

josh_g
10-04-14, 09:17
I agree.. use to use matrix HD but this makes it easier for the Mrs to use:p

where are we going to donate

simonsez
10-04-14, 19:49
How about we all chip in a £5 so, 30 of us would easily buy @rossi2000 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/member.php?1597-rossi2000) a decent E2 box from the forum sponsor. Not the usual way a skin is developed, but maybe worth it?

like your way of thinking, ill gladly chip in so i can get back working on it. painful not being able to work on the new skin. come on Rossi wheres the donation link lol? and thanks for the complements on this skin. much appreciated

griff
10-04-14, 22:44
Yeah best skin I used. I will chip in 👍

autoart
10-04-14, 23:06
Love this skin used it ever since I bought my Vu Duo at christmas. I'd certainly donate :)

judge
10-04-14, 23:14
like your way of thinking, ill gladly chip in so i can get back working on it. painful not being able to work on the new skin. come on Rossi wheres the donation link lol? and thanks for the complements on this skin. much appreciated

Lets wait & see how many are willing to chip in first, little point in only raising £40.
Also wait & see if the site sponsor & Andy is ok with the idea.

I'd chip in £10 by paypal gift to site sponsor to get it started. Once we have enough other users pledging £5+ each so a decent box can be paid for for, we make the payments...
Rossi gets a decent box & hopefully works on this & maybe more ViX skins, sound fair enough?

gnox
11-04-14, 00:32
Hi - I've just discovered this skin - and as a newly migrated sky user it is indeed the closest thing to original.
Are the 'Sky like' icons at the top of the channel list just cosmetic or is there a way to access them (box office,planner etc)
I'll happily donate £10 to the development fund also - fantastic skin and deserves to be supported.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

judge
11-04-14, 00:46
I'll happily donate £10 to the development fund also - fantastic skin and deserves to be supported.

Just to make it clear, there's no need to donate anything. Just an idea to get a skin developer a ViX supported box he can develop new skins on.
Thanks for the offer & if some more of us can make a similar pledge, we're almost there.
No word from @rossi2000 though on whether he's willing to continue to develop the new Skin?

So, I'd wait on Andy, Sicilian & Rossi to give the go ahead first.

josh_g
11-04-14, 08:42
Lets wait & see how many are willing to chip in first, little point in only raising £40.
Also wait & see if the site sponsor & Andy is ok with the idea.

I'd chip in £10 by paypal gift to site sponsor to get it started. Once we have enough other users pledging £5+ each so a decent box can be paid for for, we make the payments...
Rossi gets a decent box & hopefully works on this & maybe more ViX skins, sound fair enough?

Sounds good to me :D

pspmixer
11-04-14, 10:41
yeah I would donate to keep this skin fresh and looking great

rossi2000
11-04-14, 10:52
wow

thats great that you guys would do such a thing.

for sure i want to continue, but my spare funds are limited atm.

i was looking for a box that
a) supports the new skin <--- this is a must
b) quick e2 restart.

which is why ive not been to buy a cheapy max digital or anything. my quad was perfect.

currently there are only 2 manufacturers with this support. (Gigablue & Xtrend)
im not sure on the status of other manufactueres atm.

gnox
11-04-14, 18:47
Well it looks like we have 7 people ready to donate to a box replacement already. Anyone else willing to help out?
@rossi - can you let us know the price of your preferred option and be can start calculating how many pledges we need ☺

Andy_Hazza
11-04-14, 20:14
I'd gladly donate too. Keep up the good work rossi2000 :thumbsup:

judge
11-04-14, 23:53
Are the 'Sky like' icons at the top of the channel list just cosmetic or is there a way to access them (box office,planner etc)
Just cosmetic & pretty useless to have them there for now.

but my spare funds are limited atm.

i was looking for a box that
a) supports the new skin <--- this is a must
b) quick e2 restart.

which is why ive not been to buy a cheapy max digital or anything. my quad was perfect.

im not sure on the status of other manufactueres atm.
Yeah, fast E2 restart has to be a requirement for any skinner.
Solo2 pretty quick on an E2 restart, beats the Quad, not sure about new Xtrend boxes.
Think it had driver issues mentioned for the new skin though?

Well it looks like we have 7 people ready to donate to a box replacement already. Anyone else willing to help out?
@rossi - can you let us know the price of your preferred option and be can start calculating how many pledges we need ☺
Not sure we should let it to @rossi to decide. Some boxes have more features than others, like YouTube support, HbbTV, PIP, HDMI in...
If we're willing to pay for skin development, all possible default screens should be covered.

If anyone want's to do a total of pledges so far, please do, then we can decide when to donate or how long to wait for a decent box...

simonsez
12-04-14, 00:05
tell me where to send the money.... so far i recon theres around £80-£100 in offers / donations and id happly add to that

again great idea. we would contiune to refine the Blue HD skin and finish off our masterpiece new skin :-)

judge
12-04-14, 00:20
I'd also wait for Andy or Sicilian to give the go-ahead before any pledges are actually paid for a new skin.
After all we don't pay Andy, Sicilian, or WOS for current box/image/skin updates...

Rob van der Does
12-04-14, 04:10
You forgot VU (Solo2 & DUO2).

world-of-satellite.co.uk
12-04-14, 07:34
We can offer Rossi a £15 discount towards a new receiver. @ Rossi drop us a pm if you'd like to place an order.

gerrykiddy
12-04-14, 09:13
There is a very good looking skin in downloads that looks just like the skin people are asking for. Is mention of the word Franken*** now forbidden by our leaders? If its good enough to be hosted by this site surely its good enough to be used.

judge
12-04-14, 09:22
Is mention of the word Franken*** now forbidden by our leaders? If its good enough to be hosted by this site surely its good enough to be used.
Who are your leaders? & personally, I think the graphics used in that skin are dreadful.

Larry-G
12-04-14, 10:18
There is a very good looking skin in downloads that looks just like the skin people are asking for. Is mention of the word Franken*** now forbidden by our leaders? If its good enough to be hosted by this site surely its good enough to be used.

That skin it self is not forbidden and its actually based directly on the Blue HD skin and the ViX Night HD skin. Its author however is a untrustworthy toad who is absolutely not welcome here.

If users want to use that skin so be it, but by the authors own words it will never be updated and as a result will loose compatibility with the image in time.

And now you have taken this thread so far off topic we will leave it there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Maxwell
12-04-14, 10:31
.... Its author however is a untrustworthy toad who is absolutely not welcome here.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::lol3:

gnox
12-04-14, 10:35

I really don't understand where you are going with this.
Frankensky is a very nice skin - but there will obviously be no future development on it.

I simply want to help out a promising developer to get back contributing to the vix experience and hopefully we all get a better ui and usability at the end of it.

As a sky user for the last 11 years, and a newcomer to Vix Zeus and enigma 2 platforms, I think that a skin/channel guide/EPG platform that eases the learning curve for adopters can only be a good thing.

I personally think the vix Zeus has huge potential - and is a fantastic platform as it stands, but - as a newbie to it, some aspects of the GUI can prove confusing for people familiar with sky.

Rob van der Does
12-04-14, 10:55
Anyone wanting to set up a new skin, based on any existing one or not, is free to do so.
Any 'promising' skin & skinner will be helped by us to use the feeds for making the skin easily available for all.

gazaz
12-04-14, 11:04

Agreed ! The VU+ Solo2 is awesome, I have three :) , all with VIX/Blue-HD v2.

I'm happy to donate a small amount if you tell me where to send the funds.

thx

rossi2000
12-04-14, 18:21
[QUOTE=Rob van der Does;281614]You forgot VU (Solo2 & DUO2).[/QUOTE

ahh so vu added support, cool.!

Rahat786786
12-04-14, 18:31
If the skin is released will it work on the Duo?

Also, can we have a teaser screenshot please lol

Rob van der Does
12-04-14, 18:38

ahh so vu added support, cool.!
Ahh, is this about the full HD support?
If so, then the answer is 'no'.

simonsez
12-04-14, 18:41
booooo :-(

craig.gorms
12-04-14, 18:43
Ahh, is this about the full HD support?
If so, then the answer is 'no'.

I thought the Solo2 was full HD??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stewartie4
12-04-14, 18:58
I'd happily donate, so long as this amazing skin continues to be developed I can't tell you how much I love it! @rossi2000 , will your new skin be a Blue-HD v3 skin or is it not based on sky? please continue developing this wonderful skin!

gnox
12-04-14, 20:51
At a quick glace I think we have at least 10 people willing to donate and a £15 discount from w.o.s.
If we all donate £10 that's 115 towards a box.
Would it be possible for us all to PayPal the donations to the site sponsor once rossi2000 has firmed up an exact model?

Rob van der Does
12-04-14, 21:00
I thought the Solo2 was full HD??
Not for the skin.

rossi2000
13-04-14, 14:01
At a quick glace I think we have at least 10 people willing to donate and a £15 discount from w.o.s.
If we all donate £10 that's 115 towards a box.
Would it be possible for us all to PayPal the donations to the site sponsor once rossi2000 has firmed up an exact model?

im not too sure on a model atm, it needs to meet 2 importants criteria as ive mentioned before. i figured a quad would be the cheapest option that meets the requirements but wos no longer sells those, the only others are the new xtrends but they could be pricey which will rule them out.

the quad plus maybe another option but again im not sure if wos will stock and for what price.

i should be able to add some funds to it but not much mind!

Rob van der Does
13-04-14, 14:05
Not sure why you want to create a skin that can only run on very few boxes?

rossi2000
13-04-14, 14:15
it was only noticed about the support quite a way into us building the skin. i guess i was lucky my box supported it as i didnt know about the support in other boxes youd of thought the support would be already in the drivers for those boxes.

the fact that not all manufacturers have this support is pretty poor dont you think? a 720p skin system, nice. (considering were all about 1080p and 4k nowadays)

gigablue were the only ones who supported this, xtrend were informed about it and they implemented support. cant be that hard for the other manufacturers can it?

hopefully others will follow if not they can keep there 720p skin systems.

the difference in quality is quite clear in a 1080p skin.

Rob van der Does
13-04-14, 14:20
the difference in quality is quite clear in a 1080p skin.
A skin has only static info/pictures to show, so it will not be 'p' (nor 'i'').
I'll load the skin on my ET shortly to see if there's indeed any (visual) difference.

rossi2000
13-04-14, 14:25
no worries.
yup, i know about the p or i, its just habit to write 1080p or 720p.

bug2k14
14-04-14, 23:08
Great skin!

Just one question, not specific to this skin, but is it possible to disable the programme title word wrapping in the graphical view multi epg? It would look much cleaner and easier to read if it could be truncated in some way, similar to the way sky do it.

rossi2000
15-04-14, 09:18
you can reduce the size of the text in epg settings, this should reduce the amount of wraparound.

not sure about other ways atm.

Rob van der Does
15-04-14, 12:17
You tried using

noWrap="1"
or

noWrap="0"

bug2k14
15-04-14, 14:16
You tried using

noWrap="1"
or

noWrap="0"

Sounds like it's worth a try, I'm still finding my way around these linux tuners, which file do I need to edit?

rossi2000
15-04-14, 15:07
You tried using

noWrap="1"
or

noWrap="0"

is it not EntryFontWrap="no" ?

Rob van der Does
15-04-14, 19:04
is it not EntryFontWrap="no" ?
Might be in that specific screen.

Conorooney
17-04-14, 13:48
Absolutely love the Skin however it's making my box hang when booting. Is there a reason for this? Using the VU+ Solo. I added it last niiht and it caused it to lock up so I re-flashed it this morning and everything was working fine however when I added the skin again the same this happened. Shame as I love the look of it.

josh_g
17-04-14, 14:42
Absolutely love the Skin however it's making my box hang when booting. Is there a reason for this? Using the VU+ Solo. I added it last niiht and it caused it to lock up so I re-flashed it this morning and everything was working fine however when I added the skin again the same this happened. Shame as I love the look of it.

have you got a swap file running atm? if not i suggest you add one as it maybe a memory issue

rossi2000
17-04-14, 15:18
heads up folks

this skin will be in the feeds i assume from HELIOS Build 1.

please do not install any IPKS from this thread as you wont be able to get any updates so its best to install from the vix feeds.

the current blue-hd feeds will be taken offline, shortly

Conorooney
18-04-14, 08:57
Yeah I have it set to 256mb. It's on my solo. Has anyone run this on their solo without issue? I've an Ultimo so will give it a go on that over the weekend.

Andy_Hazza
18-04-14, 09:30
Which ipk version did you install?

My brother has a Vu Solo and all is good on that. But he is on ViX 3.0 Build 808 as Zeus wasn't too clever when we last tried. Swapfile also set to 256mb.

chaser
19-04-14, 20:15
Hi,

Just installed Helios build 001 on a number of different boxes. Did a plugins restore and got BlueHD skin v2.0.15 back. If I bring up the graphical info bar epg (pressing right or left direction button) I only get a single row showing epg for one channel, even though number of rows is set to 2 in the settings. Changed to vix night skin and it shows two rows (channels).

I couldn't see the skin in the plugins feed yet. Any ideas?

seame
19-04-14, 21:10
The skin is in the feeds I downloaded it a few minutes ago.

chaser
19-04-14, 22:04

Found it. Looks like it had already been downloaded. Still have the problem that I can only see one row in the graphical EPG (not CrossEPG).

Rob van der Does
20-04-14, 06:05
What do you mean by 'not CrossEPG'? CrossEPG can't be seen anywhere :confused:

chaser
20-04-14, 06:26
What do you mean by 'not CrossEPG'? CrossEPG can't be seen anywhere :confused:

Sorry, I meant it's not the EPG you get when you press the EPG button. It's the two line EPG you normally get when you press the left or right arrow buttons. I now only get one line of EPG. Too many different EPG views! I'll post up a screen grab shortly.

Rob van der Does
20-04-14, 06:31
Ah, you mean the Graphical-InfoBar-EPG.
When in that EPG, press menu and adjust the number of lines you want to see.

chaser
20-04-14, 07:23
Ah, you mean the Graphical-InfoBar-EPG.

That's what I called it in my first post. I just wasn't too sure if that was the right name.

When in that EPG, press menu and adjust the number of lines you want to see.
As mentioned earlier, it doesn't seem to make any difference what I set this value to. It works ok with your Magic-HD-Night skin. It's just this skin I have the problem with...

Rob van der Does
20-04-14, 07:27
Indeed: then it's a skin limitation.

Larry-G
20-04-14, 07:28
Then it's likely a skin setting that rossi would have to take a look at, as i cant think of what could have changed to affect it this way.

chaser
20-04-14, 07:34
Indeed: then it's a skin limitation.

Then it's likely a skin setting that rossi would have to take a look at, as i cant think of what could have changed to affect it this way.
Thanks guys. I guessed it was a skin issue, which is why I posted it here. Hopefully rossi will be able to fix it. I might even take a look myself.

gnox
20-04-14, 07:54
Interestingly, i normally set the infobar view mode to 'Single EPG' for my infobar, and the number of rows setting then works. This setting is changed in 'infobar EPG settings', not graphical infobar EPG settings'
When I switch to 'Multi EPG' it indeed only displays 1 row.

Rob van der Does
20-04-14, 07:59
All EPG's have their own context menu. We have:
1- G-EPG (graphical overview of multiple channels)
2- M-EPG (multi-EPG in text)
3-S-EPG (EPG of just one channel)
4- Infobar EPG (shows a number of events on the location of the infobar)

Each of them can be adjusted to your wishes via the context menu (i.e. press Menu when in that EPG).

chaser
20-04-14, 10:29
Ok. Think I've 'fixed' this:

Line 641 of skin_Blue-HD.xml - removed hard coded NumberOfRows="1"

<widget name="list" position="100,85" size="1075,85" NumberOfRows="1" EntryBackgroundColor="skydarkblue" EntryBackgroundColorSelected="skygold" EntryBackgroundColorNowSelected="skygold" EntryBackgroundColorNow="skydarkblue" ServiceForegroundColorNow="skydarkblue" ServiceBackgroundColor="skydarkblue" ServiceBackgroundColorNow="skygold" backgroundColor="skydarkblue" EntryForegroundColorSelected="skydarkblue" EntryForegroundColorNowSelected="skydarkblue" RecordForegroundColorSelected="black" ZapForegroundColorSelected="black" scrollbarMode="showNever" zPosition="1" transparent="1" EntryFontWrap="no"/>

Extract the .xml file from the attached, and copy to /usr/share/enigma2/Blue-HD. Ensure you make a backup of the original file first - just in case!

jacquesy90
20-04-14, 21:28

Not in the feeds for me, anyone know why??

Would i be ok just installing ipk from here?

Used this skin a lot a while back its boss :)

Rob van der Does
20-04-14, 21:30
If it's not on the feeds, you probably have it installed already.

jacquesy90
20-04-14, 21:37
If it's not on the feeds, you probably have it installed already.

hahaha no way what an absolute twonk i am! :rolleyes: :roflmao:

It indeed was already installed, thanks for that haha!

rossi2000
20-04-14, 23:15
ooops

the number of rows = 1 was added before i was starting to modify the infobar epg so it looks like the normal infobar on 1 row.

ive removed that part for now.

rossi2000
21-04-14, 11:25
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-skins/commit/1726bd455ab3ba595ecc8427f21a99ece8ce3346

the above fixed on github, it'll autoupdate with the next image update

invisiblelayer
21-04-14, 14:31
This is fantastic work!!!! going to set this up on the Octagon sf8 box for my buddy soon also, always stayed true to vix magic night until now lol

rossi2000
22-04-14, 12:30
Blue-HD V3 (new 2014 Style) has begun, made quite abit of progress already.
alot of code re-done, new graphics.

i have not commited anything to github yet, so your existing skin wont get updated.

if folks want the WIP V3 to be on the feeds so you can grab it asap let me know, if not, i'll prepare more of it and put it on github.

SM1GGS
22-04-14, 13:27
Can't wait to see this thank you

danivtec
22-04-14, 18:37
Blue-HD V3 (new 2014 Style) has begun, made quite abit of progress already.
alot of code re-done, new graphics.

i have not commited anything to github yet, so your existing skin wont get updated.

if folks want the WIP V3 to be on the feeds so you can grab it asap let me know, if not, i'll prepare more of it and put it on github.

Can you post any screenshots of your WIP. Appreciate your efforts on this skin, it's fab.

seame
22-04-14, 18:40
Come on Rossi, show us your skin!

rossi2000
23-04-14, 09:21
haha ye i will soon peeps.
want to get some more things done on it first.

im not usually one for posting up screenies of WIP all the time. stuff changes all the time when new ideas flow in.

simonsez
25-04-14, 17:13
check out V3 in http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37561-Blue-HD-V3

timmyjohn
24-08-14, 23:18
how do i install this once downloaded, I'm a newbie

ronan c
25-08-14, 00:19
You Can download from the plugins menu on your set-top box what image are you using m8.

Larry-G
28-08-14, 00:50
how do i install this once downloaded, I'm a newbie

Assuming you are using the ViX Image, the best way to install this skin (the current one is V3 as described in the post above mine), would be via the images own plugin feeds. Once installed you will then have to tell the image to use the skin by going into the skin setup page located in Menu> Setup> System. Sory I can't be more specific but I am currently not near a receiver to give more detailed instructions.

Also be aware this that skin will not work at all on images such as VTI and Black Hole.

orange1234
17-04-16, 13:10
Lovely skin, albeit it says SELECT to record...which is incorrect. (Well it is on on my Vu+ solo2 remote) maybe it should just show the red circle to record.

My only gripes about Blue HD is there is no channel numbers in the main Graphical EPG. I know the author prefers it that way but an option for channel numbers enable/disable would keep everyone happy.

I'd love to be able to get more than 9 channels rows, if the screen real-estate could be maximized a bit better for epg then it would be A* perfect.