PDA

View Full Version : VU+ not reading USB for flash

Conorooney
12-01-14, 16:20
Hi folks,

My 2nd box, a one month old genuine VU+ Duo, won't take a new image. I had BH on it but changed to VIX which I love. I flashed it with a USB and all worked fine. However, after setting everything up the EPG wouldn't work or save to a USB after setting mountpoints, etc. so I decided to re-flash it and start fresh. I've tried a USB, the same one that I flashed with before, both with FAT32 and FAT, from all USB ports, making sure power is off. The VU+ Duo saying "Reading USB" for half a second but then it boots as normal. All files are in the correct structure too. TI've no idea what is going on and it's driving me crazy. It was an 8GB flash drive and I partitioned it to 2GB. I've tried 3 different USB's and still nothing. One was a Sandisk which VU+'s seem to like. Once it said "StaUSing.............." but no flashing. The LED's on the USB are flashing when it's install so I know it's working. Also, when I leave it install I two files are put on the USB called 'Timeshift" and something else. Also, there are no other USB's in the VU+ box.

Has anyone experienced this?

Larry-G
12-01-14, 16:26
Try formatting the Flash drive with the HP format tool.

http://www.pcworld.com/product/946261/hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool.html

Also double check you have the correct file structure on the flash drive.