PDA

View Full Version : buying a 2TB external hard drive for my sat box but .............

dan44762000
12-01-14, 14:45
so i came on here and posted asking if i could use a 2TB hard drive too plug into back of my reciever with all my films on it and was told yes 2TB was fine.
however he also said too get a powered drive instead of a usb powered one - why does it need to be not usb powered ? ?
also if i get a plug in one is there any risk to leaving it turned on constantly - as it would also be used too store epg data and picons so unplugging it is not a option .

lastly i am using the latest Vix 3 808 image , what movie files will it play or better what wont it play ?

thanks

dan

Stanman
12-01-14, 17:05
Probably because the box usb does not output enough power.

If you can get an internal. I tried a usb and often it did not wake up.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

dan44762000
12-01-14, 17:09
Probably because the box usb does not output enough power.

If you can get an internal. I tried a usb and often it did not wake up.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

not interested in internal - £15 before i even start for the housing and then there is cost of the drive and then paying someone too fit it .

much rather get a good external and if it has problems waking then i will just plug it into laptop and use that connected too tv . but deff not getting internal .

thanks
dan

abu baniaz
12-01-14, 23:16
Picons are best placed on internal flash memory. This is not a TM800, you have plenty of memory.

Pay someone to fit a HDD? If you change your mind, plenty of people here to help should you need it.

dan44762000
13-01-14, 11:18
Picons are best placed on internal flash memory. This is not a TM800, you have plenty of memory.

Pay someone to fit a HDD? If you change your mind, plenty of people here to help should you need it.

ohh the picons have been working flawlessly on the usb stick i have in the back but didn't know they could go on the actual box memory , so thanks for that , and yes i don't feel at all comfortable opening the box and fiddling about.