PDA

View Full Version : Streaming to XBMC

bathingaper
12-01-14, 14:05
Hi there - tried searching the forums for this but not sure if anyone else is having the same issue. I've got XBMC and have the PVR plugin enabled on it. I've entered my settings in there, just as I would on my android app etc but every 5 seconds or so I receive a notification on XBMC along the lines of "Connection Lost". Has anyone managed to successfully stream their vu+ solo2 to their XBMC?

dfdream
12-01-14, 14:10
If it never connected then you have some of the information in the VU plugin in XBMC wrong.
Have you selected all bouquets ?
If its a single bouquet confirm that the name of it is correct, if it has (TV) in the bouquet in solo2 then it needs to have (TV) in plugin.
If xbmc is on android and vu plugin there works compare all settings in plugin line by line...

Im streaming to 2 x raspberry PIs and win7 PC all with XMBC and plugin and they all work no bother connected to DUO2. (Its great having 4 sat tuners) Except streaming HD Channels on PI breaks up a lot.

bathingaper
12-01-14, 14:22
If it never connected then you have some of the information in the VU plugin in XBMC wrong.
Have you selected all bouquets ?
If its a single bouquet confirm that the name of it is correct, if it has (TV) in the bouquet in solo2 then it needs to have (TV) in plugin.
If xbmc is on android and vu plugin there works compare all settings in plugin line by line...

Im streaming to 2 x raspberry PIs and win7 PC all with XMBC and plugin and they all work no bother connected to DUO2. (Its great having 4 sat tuners) Except streaming HD Channels on PI breaks up a lot.

ahh I meant I've entered the correct settings on the android vu+ app :) (ports, username, IP address etc)

however I shall check my bouquet settings on XBMC.

bathingaper
12-01-14, 17:26
Just checked this, still not working :( I tried it with all bouquets and a specified bouquet - "SKY UK - All Channels" - but still no joy :(

Streaming port and web interface port are definitely correct as is username/password. All the relevant ports are open in my router as I've got streaming to my Android devices working fine using DreamEPG and the official vu+ app.

Not sure what else i'm doing wrong?

bathingaper
12-01-14, 18:18
Followed the guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?34655-How-To-Setup-XBMC-To-Stream-Live-Tv-And-Recording-From-An-Enigma2-Box and still no joy !

dfdream
12-01-14, 18:25
Do you have a password set for the root user on the solo2. Maybe wont run with no password..

If yes maybe create a test bouquet with one word put a few channels in it and try that (using the like of SKY UK - All Channels and typing that has lots of scope for missing spaces etc.

bathingaper
12-01-14, 18:26
Do you have a password set for the root user on the solo2. Maybe wont run with no password..

If yes maybe create a test bouquet with one word put a few channels in it and try that (using the like of SKY UK - All Channels and typing that has lots of scope for missing spaces etc.

I do have a password set for it mate. I have enabled debugging and created a log for xbmc and despite working in IT, my log reading skills are kinda sh1te :rolleyes:

dfdream
12-01-14, 18:33
Are you using ABM or similar to create bouquets ?
Maybe do as I said and create a test bouquet add a few channels and see does that work...
Note if you create a bouquet called test on the sat box it adds " (TV) after it that you need to include in plugin so test becomes test (TV).

bathingaper
12-01-14, 18:35
Are you using ABM or similar to create bouquets ?
Maybe do as I said and create a test bouquet add a few channels and see does that work...
Note if you create a bouquet called test on the sat box it adds " (TV) after it that you need to include in plugin so test becomes test (TV).

Will try that shortly - I'm using ABM yeah

dfdream
12-01-14, 18:43
I use ABM too but have a separate bouquet as I don't want to download 1000s of channels.
I have seen other things not like bouquets from ABM like dreamset etc ?
Maybe a separate bouquet might help.

bathingaper
12-01-14, 18:44
Whereabouts would I create a test bouquet?

dfdream
12-01-14, 18:52
go to Bouquets list and press menu.
Choose ADD BOUQUET
Type in name and OK.
I called mine XBMC.
A new entry appears at bottom of list called XBMC (TV).
Add a few channels to the new bouquet by highlighting a channel in another bouquet, press menu and choose add service to bouquet.
Scroll to new bouquet and press OK.
Now edit plugin and type in name of new bouquet.

Whereabouts would I create a test bouquet?

bathingaper
12-01-14, 19:44
go to Bouquets list and press menu.
Choose ADD BOUQUET
Type in name and OK.
I called mine XBMC.
A new entry appears at bottom of list called XBMC (TV).
Add a few channels to the new bouquet by highlighting a channel in another bouquet, press menu and choose add service to bouquet.
Scroll to new bouquet and press OK.
Now edit plugin and type in name of new bouquet.

That's worked a treat. Thanks for your help mate!

Now over to VU to fix their transcoding :D

pac2000
12-01-14, 20:21
You Should Check Your Bouquet's And Make Sure There's Not One With No Channels In It...

Can You Access The OpenWebif Web Interface On Your Enigma2 Box???

As A Last Resort, In Live TV Settings In The General Tab, Select "Don't Show Connection Lost Warnings" And See If That Works...

bathingaper
12-01-14, 20:26
You Should Check Your Bouquet's And Make Sure There's Not One With No Channels In It...

Can You Access The OpenWebif Web Interface On Your Enigma2 Box???

As A Last Resort, In Live TV Settings In The General Tab, Select "Don't Show Connection Lost Warnings" And See If That Works...

got it working as per my last update mate :)

Thanks for the guide in tutorial section.