PDA

View Full Version : using valid sky card in vu+ solo2

shalin
10-01-14, 18:01
Hi All, I go my new vu+ solo2 box and though I am aware that I will need to flash it with VIX image, can I not just view all existing sky channels that I am subscribed to by inserting sky card in solo2 and connecting both cables to solo2?

If the answer is yes then how?

If the answer is no then once I do VIX, will it just work by inserting SKY card??

Many thanks.

Larry-G
10-01-14, 18:03
yes you can use your sky card with the solo2 but there is a little more to it than just inserting your card. you need to install a softcam then set it up to read your card.

duoduo
10-01-14, 19:52
Check out via support tab at the top to learn everything you will need to know to get started. Anything not covered ask on the forum by starting a new thread

AJT
10-01-14, 20:55
Hi All, I go my new vu+ solo2 box and though I am aware that I will need to flash it with VIX image, can I not just view all existing sky channels that I am subscribed to by inserting sky card in solo2 and connecting both cables to solo2?

If the answer is yes then how?

If the answer is no then once I do VIX, will it just work by inserting SKY card??

Many thanks.

check this out..super duper "how to do" tutorials for you to take a look at....hope they help.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?301-ViX-Team-Images-Guides-Here

shalin
16-01-14, 14:25
All done with VIX setup and sky card setup, what are other must haves??

EPG: cross epg ?
Record: autotimer?

etc...

tomthebomb1968
17-01-14, 00:59
You getting all channels that your card has entitlements for? If you have had it in your sky hd box you could be disappointed .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

AJT
17-01-14, 11:24
All done with VIX setup and sky card setup, what are other must haves??

EPG: cross epg ?
Record: autotimer?

etc...

The good thing about vix image is everything is already built into it like the EPG you just need to set it up as to where to store epg data and when you would like it to update that data.
as well as the most essential plugins being pre installed there is a host of others that are available from the plugins menu.
These include a wide range of media and sports to weather to ondemand services like iplayer itv player etc.to tools basically anything and everything..You will need to have a look see what you want your box to do for you.
you add auto timers from within the epg you highlight a programme press record on remote and it will ask set timer or auto timer.
you will again need to set up how the box handles recordings from the recordings menu.