PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Samba Error on Vu+ Solo

FireballXL5
10-01-14, 17:56
Hi all
I was having a problem with Samba on my Vu+ Solo and thinking it might have been an issue with other plugins etc so I decided to do a clean install of using build 683. I scanned Astra 28.2, I ran autobouquets then I installed Samba (as I want a Windows share). The service is shown as running, but unavailable when I scan the network from my Windows XP and Windows 8 PC's.

I have attached the log, can you tell me why the shares aren't available even though the service is running? I see that the log refers to vusolo2, I have a simple vusolo.
Cheers

Larry-G
10-01-14, 18:01
Hi all
I was having a problem with Samba on my Vu+ Solo and thinking it might have been an issue with other plugins etc so I decided to do a clean install of using build 683. I scanned Astra 28.2, I ran autobouquets then I installed Samba (as I want a Windows share). The service is shown as running, but unavailable when I scan the network from my Windows XP and Windows 8 PC's.

I have attached the log, can you tell me why the shares aren't available even though the service is running? I see that the log refers to vusolo2, I have a simple vusolo.
Cheers

Build 683 is a very old build, try a newer build, the newest being 808, please also note you can not use the online update option from such a old build. if you are still having the same issue with the latest image build we can look into it but we can not issue fixes or patches for old images.

FireballXL5
11-01-14, 16:14
Yep, installed 808 and Samba works just fine. I did get a few errors and have attached the log should it be helpful. Thanks