PDA

View Full Version : Sat Positions Drifting

sammy
10-01-14, 13:57
Hi, I have this setup VU+ Duo ( 3 years old now) 110cm Dish, Technomate 2600 Positioner Vix 783 image.
I have had this problem with the only other image that I have used PLI.
I set this up in the beginning using Usals, was fine at first tracked all the Sats I wanted from 30 West to 42 East, after a few days I noticed that the SNR had dropped on all of the Sats. so I tried a Manual store of all Sats. this required me to move all the Positions East by a few fine clicks in the positioner menu on the VU and all was OK once again. A few days later SNR dropped again and a few clicks East required again for Max Signal. This is ongoing and I have to adjust all Sats by a few fine clicks East to maintain Max signal. The Dish does not need any Physical adjustment it seem the stored positions in the positioner are altering for some reason, has anyone had a similar problem.

StuBFrost
10-01-14, 14:01
Have this problem all the time.

Go to positioner setup and do a "goto 0".

sammy
10-01-14, 14:26
Hi, Thanks for your reply, I have done this more than once but my problem remains.

^^COMPASS^^
10-01-14, 14:41
Its a common fault with TM-2600 motor

sammy
10-01-14, 15:03
Hi, Thanks for this reply, I did suspect this motor but was not sure, I do have a new Darkmotor Supreme still in it's delivery wrapping, any known faults with these.

Emulated
10-01-14, 15:50
Hi, Thanks for this reply, I did suspect this motor but was not sure, I do have a new Darkmotor Supreme still in it's delivery wrapping, any known faults with these.

I believe only a 36v motor is man enough for a 110cm dish. I had a serious look into this several years ago and the consensus was nothing was better than a Jaeger 36v. Mine has been there for 7 years+ with a 1m, was a 1.2m dish and never touched it except to re tape the connections. 36v are more fiddly to setup with a 36v box, but they may have a plugin that sorts that now.

sammy
10-01-14, 16:10
I believe only a 36v motor is man enough for a 110cm dish. I had a serious look into this several years ago and the consensus was nothing was better than a Jaeger 36v. Mine has been there for 7 years+ with a 1m, was a 1.2m dish and never touched it except to re tape the connections. 36v are more fiddly to setup with a 36v box, but they may have a plugin that sorts that now.
I do not think that this problem is because the motor is not powerfull enough more that the electronics are causing the problem, maybe that zero is not always the same as all the Sats. are off by the same amount.

^^COMPASS^^
10-01-14, 16:35

I use a Darkmotor on one of my setups & have never had a problem :thumbsup: