PDA

View Full Version : Vu+Solo2 image

Peterd123
10-01-14, 11:32
Hi everyone, i'm new to your forum. looks like it has a mine of information. I'm thinking of getting a VU+Solo2, and the company i'm buying from is offering an image service. Whereby they will install an image of my choice of Blackhole £9.99 or ViX or VTi for £9.99. My question is, which image should I go for?
Hope someone can advise as i'm a complete novice when it comes to Sat. recievers.
Regards
Pete

AJT
10-01-14, 11:51
Hi everyone, i'm new to your forum. looks like it has a mine of information. I'm thinking of getting a VU+Solo2, and the company i'm buying from is offering an image service. Whereby they will install an image of my choice of Blackhole £9.99 or ViX or VTi for £9.99. My question is, which image should I go for?
Hope someone can advise as i'm a complete novice when it comes to Sat. recievers.
Regards
Pete

WELCOME to openvix....
Don,t be daft and pay for a image install its a piece of cake to do it yourself..it really is super simple.1 minute to flash an image to box.
Also what happens once you pay get your box and then want or see and much better or another image..money wasted..
There is a mass of easy to follow tutorials available here and you will soon get the hang of it..Its really not that scary.
Take my advice shop around for a box i got mine for only £263 deliverd

Mr. Mister
10-01-14, 11:52
If you asking what image should go on your box.. Your on the Vix forum.. So 99.9% of people are gonna say Vix..

But why pay someone £9.99 to put an image on your box.. ??

You can do it yourself in just a minute..

Also.. Before you buy.. Have a look >>>HERE<<< (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Solo-2-Solo2-Twin-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver)..

This is the sponsor of this forum.. Customer service is the best there is anyway.. and shipping is excellent as well.. If you order in the morning.. You should have your new receiver the next day.. Truely.. And excellent service..

AJT
10-01-14, 11:53
This is the sponsor of this forum.. Customer service is the best there is anyway.. and shipping is excellent as well.. If you order in the morning.. You should have your new receiver the next day.. Truely.. And excellent service..

I second that....

Peterd123
10-01-14, 12:08
If you asking what image should go on your box.. Your on the Vix forum.. So 99.9% of people are gonna say Vix..

But why pay someone £9.99 to put an image on your box.. ??

You can do it yourself in just a minute..

Also.. Before you buy.. Have a look >>>HERE<<< (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Solo-2-Solo2-Twin-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver)..

This is the sponsor of this forum.. Customer service is the best there is anyway.. and shipping is excellent as well.. If you order in the morning.. You should have your new receiver the next day.. Truely.. And excellent service..How does this one fair again'st your one.

LIVE LINK REMOVED..

Peterd123
10-01-14, 12:12
WELCOME to openvix....
Don,t be daft and pay for a image install its a piece of cake to do it yourself..it really is super simple.1 minute to flash an image to box.
Also what happens once you pay get your box and then want or see and much better or another image..money wasted..
There is a mass of easy to follow tutorials available here and you will soon get the hang of it..Its really not that scary.
Take my advice shop around for a box i got mine for only £263 deliverdThanks, I to have seen an advert for £263 delivered. I think your right, there is a lot of info on here for me to flash it myself. Will take a look.
Regards

Mr. Mister
10-01-14, 12:13
Hi.. Please do not post live links..
They are both exactly the same..
Only issue you will have with you link is sending it back if you need any support..

Peterd123
10-01-14, 12:14
Sorry just realised my mistake in putting a link on here to another store.
How does this one fair again'st your one.

LIVE LINK REMOVED..

Peterd123
10-01-14, 12:20
I can see from some of the other members that they sing highly of your company, so for the extra few quid I will buy from you, because, as you say it's the after sales service that's important for me. Will be buying one in the next week or so.
Regards
Pete
Hi.. Please do not post live links..
They are both exactly the same..
Only issue you will have with you link is sending it back if you need any support..

Mr. Mister
10-01-14, 12:21
Sorry.. I forgot to add.. I think the offer is still available..

If you send the sponsor a PM.. They will give you a £5.00 discount code to add to your order..

Peterd123
10-01-14, 12:22
I just noticed that on your site you say that you will price match!
I can see from some of the other members that they sing highly of your company, so for the extra few quid I will buy from you, because, as you say it's the after sales service that's important for me. Will be buying one in the next week or so.
Regards
Pete

Mr. Mister
10-01-14, 12:27
Not my company buddy.. ( I wish.. lol )..

The company belongs to the sponsor..

AJT
10-01-14, 13:33
I just noticed that on your site you say that you will price match!

Read the information on sponsors page ref price match its got more clauses than liz taylors pre nup.As Mr mister says PM the sponsor for £5 off plus free next day delivery included..you can not go wrong plus support 24/7 on this forum.
Happy shopping....

Larry-G
10-01-14, 14:11
Read the information on sponsors page ref price match its got more clauses than liz taylors pre nu.

Thats to prevent people abusing it, quite a few unscrupulous people out there looking to get something for nothing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Peterd123
10-01-14, 18:32
Done better than that, they are going to give me a £10 code when I want to buy in a weeks time yipppeeee.
Read the information on sponsors page ref price match its got more clauses than liz taylors pre nup.As Mr mister says PM the sponsor for £5 off plus free next day delivery included..you can not go wrong plus support 24/7 on this forum.
Happy shopping....

AJT
10-01-14, 20:58
Thats to prevent people abusing it, quite a few unscrupulous people out there looking to get something for nothing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

FOR SURE..im only playing around it was not a dig..I understand why.

AJT
10-01-14, 21:00
Done better than that, they are going to give me a £10 code when I want to buy in a weeks time yipppeeee.

Nice one..you got a good deal...

Peterd123
03-02-14, 18:15
Ok folkes, my VU+Solo2 will be with me in a week or so. I bought it from this sites sponsor. £279.00. Now I would like to know what hard drive I should use (external/Internal) and what make. The reason I ask is that I have had two external Seagate drives, and both of them started making clicking noises after a short while. And while clicking could not access drive. I thought Seagate would have been a good make, my mistake. So are there any reliable drives that will last a few a good while(years rather than months)
Regards
Pete

marty
03-02-14, 18:34
Use an internal drive, much tidier :)

Larry-G
03-02-14, 18:47
I just checked a old laptop HDD into my solo2 and it has never given me any problems, in fact all of my receivers have old laptop / pc hard drives in them.

Peterd123
04-02-14, 21:38
Thanks, I think I will go with the internal drive. My luck with external aint good.
Regards
Pete