PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] NTFS plugin and exFAT plugin do not seem to be working

Himmelfahrt
10-01-14, 06:41
I tried both the NTFS plugin and the exFAT plugin. The Vix logo spinned on inserting an NTFS drive then hanged the receiver. The exFAT plugin failed to detect an exFAT drive and did nothing.

Also noticed the Storage Devices menu option completely disappears when a FAT32 or NTFS device is inserted. So I could not initialise these to ext3.

Andy_Hazza
10-01-14, 08:31
Format to Fat32 then try?

Himmelfahrt
11-01-14, 19:22
Format to Fat32 then try?

FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit, so it is no good for recording on to. I wanted to use NTFS or ExFAT to keep the drive mountable by Windows.

Larry-G
11-01-14, 20:10
Its always recomended to use a linux format for recording to for stability, you can still mount the drive in windows using the correct codecs etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
12-01-14, 08:12
Hmm, using a NTFS-USB drive works fine here.

Cucosat
10-07-15, 14:03
Here's a fix to get the exFat driver to auto-mount (tested on my Vu+ Duo2 but should work on any box with the exfat driver installed). In the file /etc/mdev/mdev-mount.sh look for these lines near the end of the file:

if ! mount -t auto /dev/$MDEV "${MOUNTPOINT}" ; then
rmdir "${MOUNTPOINT}"
fi

Then change them to:

if ! mount -t auto /dev/$MDEV "${MOUNTPOINT}" ; then
if ! mount.exfat /dev/$MDEV "${MOUNTPOINT}" ; then
rmdir "${MOUNTPOINT}"
fi
fi

abu baniaz
10-07-15, 17:30
Many thanks. This has been added to the GIT. Should be in next image build.
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/4fa56d91ba90159a90d117d0761faf5aed56b168

birdman
11-07-15, 01:26
Another fix should be to add exfat to the lines in /etc/filesystems (possibly...).

oskarso
14-09-15, 18:38
Many thanks. This has been added to the GIT. Should be in next image build.
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/4fa56d91ba90159a90d117d0761faf5aed56b168

I still have issues with an ExFAT formated USB HDD Seagate 2TB (formated on Mac).

Vu+ Solo
VIX version 3.2.004
Plugged HDD through back USB
Installed Plug-in Driver NTFS-3g
Installed Plug-in Driver exfat
Restarted VIX (still HDD plugged-in)
Stuck with spinning VIX at restart

oskarso
14-09-15, 18:43
I still have issues with an ExFAT formated USB HDD Seagate 2TB (formated on Mac).

Vu+ Solo
VIX version 3.2.004
Plugged HDD through back USB
Installed Plug-in Driver NTFS-3g
Installed Plug-in Driver exfat
Restarted VIX (still HDD plugged-in)
Stuck with spinning VIX at restart

Unplugged HDD
Hard Restarted Vu+
Plugged in HDD when back up running
Seems to be working now!

Great!

As a comment navigating (especially exiting) the ExFAT drive using the VIX (out of the box) Media Player is much slower than what I'm used to with NTFS and ext3

Andy_Hazza
14-09-15, 19:14
Please note that the Vu+ Solo is an ageing satellite receiver so could be that also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
14-09-15, 19:17
EXT3/4 is the way to go; other filesystems will never be supported as good as they are by Linux.

oskarso
17-09-15, 20:45
Please note that the Vu+ Solo is an ageing satellite receiver so could be that also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Getting old yes [emoji4] But it did work flawlessly with an NTFS disk in VIX pre Apollo. I've found that the reason why it is not working well now is the size of the disk (or more precise the number of files /folders on the disk)

Seems that VIX for some reason wants to traverse the content of the disk when it is attaced and get caught in a spinning VIX logo loop until forever.

The disk works well for me if there isn't much content in it. That's also why a USB stick usually would work (as posted by member previously in this tread) but a larger USB HDD filled with filles will not.

I agree with the member saying ext3/4 is the best option for a Vu+ box but I prefer to carry my media disk with me and attach it to whatever device that I have available. ext3/4 is more unstable on Mac/Windows than ExFat used to be for Vu+

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk