PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Cross EPG Open TV - Not working

arin
10-01-14, 02:10
Hi,

Just recieved my vu+ duo and installed vix image on it.

Plugged in both cables to dish

tuner A setup simple - 28.2e
tuner B setup simple 28.2e

both tuners working and tested by starting multiple recordings.

All works except trying to use cross epg to download opentv providers 28.2e

It begins by reading channels then loading data then finish all in about 30 seconds - reading about 30 channels of data - giving only small info and no descriptions.

I am using an external USB drive to save on to - no internal hdd in yet.

Any ideas anyone?

thanks

Rob van der Does
10-01-14, 07:54
You did activate a swap-file?
For a low-mem box like the DUO this is required for a memory hungry job like Cross-import.

arin
10-01-14, 14:11
yes activated a swap file 256mb still no luck

arin
10-01-14, 19:28
the normal xmltv import on vix works fine - not using crossepg... But I prefer open tv as my internet isn't particularly fast

Rob van der Does
10-01-14, 19:40
XMLTV doesn't need fast internet.
But Open-TV is more accurate then XMLTV. Anyway: don't use XMLTV in Cross.

copex
10-01-14, 20:08
im having the same issue on my et9200 using opentv hangs at reading titels, though it is working fine on my et5000, XMLTV works on the et9200....... strange

garyblas
10-01-14, 20:11
You did activate a swap-file?
For a low-mem box like the DUO this is required for a memory hungry job like Cross-import.

My duo works fine with crossepg - I dont have a swap file,

Where do you activate a swap file?

craig37
10-01-14, 20:20
Menu>setup> vix> swap manager

Rob van der Does
10-01-14, 20:28
im having the same issue on my et9200 using opentv hangs at reading titels, though it is working fine on my et5000, XMLTV works on the et9200....... strange
And if you run cross while playing back a recording and no recording/stream is going on (so all tuners are free)?

arin
11-01-14, 02:09
i run cross epg when just watching a channel

i have 2 tuners on 28.2

it still doesnt work

Rob van der Does
11-01-14, 07:52
i run cross epg when just watching a channel
Hence my request to run it during playback.

arin
11-01-14, 12:07
sorry didnt realise you were asking me to. I will give it a go.

arin
11-01-14, 15:04
it didnt work.

is there any reason why you thought it may? Especially when I always have one free tuner?

copex
11-01-14, 18:39
And if you run cross while playing back a recording and no recording/stream is going on (so all tuners are free)?

its only if i have open tv, swap to XMLTV it downloads ok, no recordings/playback when running crossepg

Rob van der Does
11-01-14, 21:04
Yes, Cross on Open-TV uses a tuner and reads data from the transponder, XMLTV-importer imports files via internet.
Both processes have nothing in common.

arin
12-01-14, 13:00
Yes, Cross on Open-TV uses a tuner and reads data from the transponder, XMLTV-importer imports files via internet.
Both processes have nothing in common.

Yes but the with my twin tuners. One is always free for it to use. So why would trying playback help?

Rob van der Does
12-01-14, 13:26
Yes but the with my twin tuners. One is always free for it to use. So why would trying playback help?
Sorry, I thought that to be obvious: to see if it helps having both tuners available. After all you have an issue with it, correct?

And please attach the log; it's in the cross folder.

copex
14-01-14, 20:18
i fixed my issue by removing the crossepg plugin, deleting the crossepg directory, rebooted the box, reinsatlled crossepg, rebooted the box........ working. :)

manikm
29-01-14, 00:30

i get same issues ever since someone decided to rewrite crossepg across all vendor images -it used to work fine in 0.6.9 (where i didnt mind it moving from current channel to do its job, rather than trying to be clever and do it without interupting your viewing - if u do it on a schedule at 4am when you're asleep does it really matter)

ended up using xepgdb instead - works fine.

Larry-G
29-01-14, 00:44
i get same issues ever since someone decided to rewrite crossepg across all vendor images -it used to work fine in 0.6.9 (where i didnt mind it moving from current channel to do its job, rather than trying to be clever and do it without interupting your viewing - if u do it on a schedule at 4am when you're asleep does it really matter)

ended up using xepgdb instead - works fine.

if your just here to start a rant on every aspect of the image you dont like please go else where, no one forces you to use ViX or any other FREE OE-Alliance based image. personally for me CrossEPG works perfectly fine on nine different receivers, so maybe it's you that is at fault in the way you set it up ??.

judge
29-01-14, 00:56
i get same issues ever since someone decided to rewrite crossepg across all vendor images
That someone/s did a great job in re-writing to use a spare tuner if one is available.
Works perectly fine on various boxes here, have you tried the above suggestions?

Debug logs would be handy here if you have.