PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with set up!

northernmonkey
09-01-14, 21:32
I hope this is in the right section?

I've recently bought a quad, and whilst it's all set up etc, I'm sure it's not right.

For example, the dual tuner that i had installed, what settings do i need them on? At the moment, I have the second one on burst, set on the 28.2 sat

I've done something and lost the channel numbers from the epg, and although I now have it set to my tv region, I'd like if possible to have the hd channels in the epg. For example, ITV HD (178) where 103 is usually?

I won't even go into picons yet! Lol

Someone, please help?

judge
09-01-14, 21:57
the dual tuner that i had installed, what settings do i need them on? At the moment, I have the second one on burst, set on the 28.2 sat

What sats do you have access to?

duoduo
09-01-14, 21:59
Here you go mate, read this.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23571-New-box-set-up-guide

s1m0nw
09-01-14, 22:05
Why have you set 2nd one up as toneburst? Do you have a motorised setup?
If not set it up as simple single 28.2e discq no for both tuners.

Once you have done this rescan with autobouquets.

As for channel numbering once you have completed scan on autobouquets itv hd should be in 103.

As for picons I can take a guess whats the problem here.... theres 2 ways

One, you can download picons from menu> plugins> green button then browse to picon and choose suitable set for 28.2e (oscram ones are good) and they will download to box.

The other way is find a set on forum and transfer them to hdd or pen drive in a folder called picon

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Mr. Mister
09-01-14, 23:18
If i am putting picons on a box.. I FTP them in flash..

No need for usb.. and defo not HDD as each time you change channel.. It takes 2 secs for the HDD to spin up and find the picon..

duoduo
09-01-14, 23:25
Or download from feeds and save to flash as the option. By using feeds versions you will update from online updates once available rather than having to ftp to your receiver each time.

northernmonkey
09-01-14, 23:31
You lot are superstars!

to be honest, i've no idea why i put it on burst, it just seemed to work and at the time i couldn't see the correct setting.

Ok, I've set up now using the above guides and that (was already there anyway) but I still don't seem to be showing the correct region on itv, I live in Kent and should have Meridian South East and it's showing Anglia, yet shows BBC1 Southeast????

Mr. Mister
09-01-14, 23:36
OK.. In ABM.. You need to change your region..

Menu > Set Up > Service Searching > AutoBouquetMaker > Providers >

Scroll down to Sky UK and then down to Sky UK Area..

change that to London Kent HD using the right arrow button..

Then Green button to save..

And restart GUI..

northernmonkey
09-01-14, 23:59
OK.. In ABM.. You need to change your region..

Menu > Set Up > Service Searching > AutoBouquetMaker > Providers >

Scroll down to Sky UK and then down to Sky UK Area..

change that to London Kent HD using the right arrow button..

Then Green button to save..

And restart GUI..

I had already done that before mate, albeit set to Meridian South East as that my local station, However, I think looking at it, that's it a typo on the EPG at tomorrows lunchtime news for example on Merdian South East is 'Granada Reports' however at 6pm it's back to Merdian.

Thanks everyone for your help! Oh, and I got the picons sorted, I ftp'd the Black 28.2E over to the box.

Now, I'm off to start another thread to see if theres an easy series link plugin! Lol

judge
10-01-14, 00:04
Now, I'm off to start another thread to see if theres an easy series link plugin! Lol

No need, autotimer built into the image.
EPG -> blue button.