PDA

View Full Version : epg on sky

beck
09-01-14, 20:47
Hi all can simebody help I have 7 EPG on free sat chans but on sky I just have now and next when I download Cross EPG it stays the same no 7 day on sky I'm lost now what to do thanks

craig37
09-01-14, 21:12
Have a read of this
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15585-How-to-setup-Crossepg-in-all-ViX-Images

beck
09-01-14, 22:21
Thanks Craig37 just done all of the instructions but still just got now and next on on EPG on sky chans do I really need a seven day EPG on sky I'm thinking dose it really matter only think is gathering me it was working fine the other day

Larry-G
09-01-14, 22:23
http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/&file=How%20to%20setup%20CrossEPG%20for%20Sky%20uk% 20on%20ViX%203.0.pdf

beck
09-01-14, 22:36
Thanks Phoenix just done all that from PDF but still the same only now and next on sky EPG free view is OK thanks

beck
09-01-14, 22:41
Sorry everyhing is now OK brirlient thanks Phoenix and Craig thank you ferry much :thumbsup:

craig37
09-01-14, 23:10
Sorry everyhing is now OK brirlient thanks Phoenix and Craig thank you ferry much :thumbsup:

Remember to reboot your system after making changes :thumbsup:

beck
15-01-14, 13:55
Hi again Craig 37 and phenoex been having problems with my EPG again the problem is that it doesn't seem to update automaticly every night and I have to do the updates by going to plugins and going to the cross EPG downloaded then all is OK until I put on standby over night and when switched back on in the morning all I get on sky chans is now and next then i have to go back to cross EPG downloaded to get EPG back on. my cross EPG setup the settings as follows enable import =no scheduled download = once a day shweduled download = 04.00 show plugin = yes show as extension = yes are these settings correct is there other settings that need to be changed in the other settings. my box is venton hd2 vix build 808 any help would be appreciated thanks

craig37
15-01-14, 14:13
Hi again Craig 37 and phenoex been having problems with my EPG again the problem is that it doesn't seem to update automaticly every night and I have to do the updates by going to plugins and going to the cross EPG downloaded then all is OK until I put on standby over night and when switched back on in the morning all I get on sky chans is now and next then i have to go back to cross EPG downloaded to get EPG back on. my cross EPG setup the settings as follows enable import =no scheduled download = once a day shweduled download = 04.00 show plugin = yes show as extension = yes are these settings correct is there other settings that need to be changed in the other settings. my box is venton hd2 vix build 808 any help would be appreciated thanks

You need to change the "no scheduled download" to YES :thumbsup: It will then download every morning at 4.00 , mine is set to do it at 6.00 as I'm sure I read somewhere that SLY updates their's at 5.00am

beck
15-01-14, 14:46
Hi Craig do ya mean enable CSV import to yes is that then setting ya mean mate cheers mate

craig37
15-01-14, 15:55
Apologies, I've miss read your thread, I took the NO to mean you didn't have the " scheduled download enabled " and the NO was to the enable import...:rolleyes:

What build are you running,,?

Maybe worth while un installing cross epg from your plugins and then re installing, remember to restart your box after each action ..

What other plugins do have ?

beck
15-01-14, 20:17
Hi Craig build 808 plugins I have are
Live football
EPG translator
On demand
Tsmedia
I take it the setting enable CSV import should be set to no

craig37
15-01-14, 22:48
Yes thats right SET to no.. Have you tried uninstall and re install?

beck
15-01-14, 22:49
hi craig if I uninstall my cross peg from my plugins where do I find it to reinstall thanks

craig37
15-01-14, 23:00
It should be visible in the download plugins area, You can't see it in downloads When you have it down loaded but should got back into downloads once un installed.. Why do ou have the trnaslator ?

beck
15-01-14, 23:09
have the translator I because I have a motorised set up mate

craig37
15-01-14, 23:11
have the translator I because I have a motorised set up mate

Ah I see said the blind man lol Just thought that might have had an impact on it

beck
15-01-14, 23:18
haha na think I be the blind man i will try uninstall now just making a backup of settings first

craig37
15-01-14, 23:23
haha na think I be the blind man i will try uninstall now just making a backup of settings first

Good Plan Heading off now Hope it works in the morning :D

beck
15-01-14, 23:38
getting bit confused now just looked on remove plugins is it on the extentions (epg search) or is it systemplugins (crossepg (0.7.04+git380) that's all i can see and don't know witch on i should be removing

craig37
15-01-14, 23:47
extensions

abu baniaz
16-01-14, 13:11
Please confirm where you are saving your epg data to.

I would also suggest that you put enigma to sleep using the "init 4" telnet comamand. Delete any instances of epg.dat files on all your media devices.

beck
16-01-14, 16:18
EPG data saved to memory stick and sorry Abu you taken it well over my head now :)
I never uninstalled and reinstalled EPG last night I went through the settings again and left it all seems OK again now toutch wood it stays like that now will kelp you all posted and thanks to everyone for taking time to help thanks guys watch this space ha :D