PDA

View Full Version : giga blue image

paulphg
09-01-14, 14:58
hi, i recently bought a giga blue quad and flashed it, but now it wont go past the introduction screen, ive tried different flashes, other usb's but nothing works. where am i going wrong? i thought it may be the bootloader, if so what is the process? if i put a bootloader on the usb, when i put an image on it overwrites it! help!! thanks :)

Mr. Mister
09-01-14, 15:24
After flashing what exacly are you seeing on the TV screen.. ??

Also.. What image are you trying to flash and where you get it from.. ?

paulphg
09-01-14, 15:41
hi, thanks for reply, after flash i see the previous image startup screen, when i switch off and back on again the new image is there but wont go past the start up screen. it says on the screen on the receiver that im flashing the image ok, but when its completed i get nothing! ive got several images from this site...... several different images, including latest vix.

Mr. Mister
09-01-14, 15:47
Your box is not flashing if think your getting the previous image..

Try a fresh download from >>>HERE<<< (http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=GiGaBlue-HD-QUAD/).. Choose Build 808..

Also use the HP formatting toll to format your HDD usb stick..

You can find that >>>HERE<<< (http://www.pcworld.com/product/946261/hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool.html)

paulphg
09-01-14, 16:15
hi, thanks again for replying. i tried again but with no luck. receiver says flashing in progress, usb is blinking, but nothing happens! could it just be the usb's im using? ive ordered another new one so ill try that when it arrives. is there anything else i could do meanwhile?

Mr. Mister
09-01-14, 16:21
There has never been a new bootloader for a Quad as yet.. So there is not even a bootloader to flash again..

You dont have a usb device attached to the Quad at the moment.. ?

ie.. usb hdd.. or usb sticj for picons or EPG.. ?

If you have,.. Remove all usb devices.. and flash again..

paulphg
09-01-14, 16:28
no just the usb im trying to flash with, my box has an internal hdd thats all.

paulphg
09-01-14, 16:50
the receiver doesnt seem to re boot after flashing the image, but its there when i switch off the receiver and power it back on again :-( any ideas? thanks for all your efforts anyway, its much appreciated. :confused:

Mr. Mister
09-01-14, 16:52
Have you tried a to flash the GB image..

OpenMips.. ??

Open this link :

http://image.openmips.com/2.0/index.php?open=gbquad

Scroll to the bottom link and download..

Extract that to your usb pen.. and try to flash that..

If it boots up as normal.. Go back to Vix 3 . 808 and flash that..

paulphg
09-01-14, 17:11
tried that and still no luck :-( the only change is now there is no image on startup screen, its stuck on "gigablue presents". is there anything else or do i try another usb?

Mr. Mister
09-01-14, 17:18
Trying another usb stick is always an option..

Even if you have to borrow one from a friend..

paulphg
09-01-14, 17:20
i will try that later, thanks again for your help :)

paulphg
11-01-14, 00:52
tried 2 more new usb's no luck, anybody got any ideas? the image seems to flash ok, but the receiver wont re boot. is it the bootloader?

seame
11-01-14, 01:08
It won't be the bootloader, don't try to change it or you may brick your quad.

What image are you trying to flash? Post a link to it

What size of usb stick are you using?

What is the file structure of the image on the usb?

How long are you giving the box to complete the flash? Sometimes it can take about 10-15 minutes

judge
11-01-14, 01:11
When you insert the USB stick with the image you want to flash, does the LCD screen on the quad detect it & ask you to press OK if you want to update?

paulphg
11-01-14, 01:15
im trying the latest vix image off this site, ive tried several usbs, getting a new kingston 4gb in the next couple of days. box stops flashing after around four to five minutes, ill just leave it and see how it gets on after that then. its a giga blue folder, then a quad folder inside that, then a folder with around 7 files in.

paulphg
11-01-14, 01:20
yes judge, it seems to go through the flash process ok, red and purple light flashing, the dont unplug warning, and the usb at the back blinking.......

judge
11-01-14, 01:31
im trying the latest vix image off this site, ive tried several usbs, getting a new kingston 4gb in the next couple of days. box stops flashing after around four to five minutes, ill just leave it and see how it gets on after that then. its a giga blue folder, then a quad folder inside that, then a folder with around 7 files in.
Sorry to bang on about this again, but "im trying the latest vix image off this site" really means nothing, please report the actual build number.
Build 3.0.808 currently available on http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=GiGaBlue-HD-QUAD/
Is that the image you are trying to flash?

yes judge, it seems to go through the flash process ok, red and purple light flashing, the dont unplug warning, and the usb at the back blinking.......
Have you tried the front USB port with no other USB devices inserted?
After the flash process, shouldn't take any longer than 3 or 4 minutes, the box should reboot itself into the newly flashed image.

seame
11-01-14, 01:31
Let it sit for a while. I had an old dreambox that I flashed 100+ times and on a couple of occasions it took forever for it to flash, maybe an hour or more.

paulphg
11-01-14, 01:39
yeah sorry, the 3.0.808, ill try flashing again and leave it overnight, thanks for all your help :-)

judge
11-01-14, 01:51
yeah sorry, the 3.0.808, ill try flashing again and leave it overnight, thanks for all your help :-)

Maybe download it again & use that.
Lots of people seem to have issues with USB sticks, but I've never had any issues with multiple random sticks, grab the nearest at the time & flash with it.
As long as the file structure is fine, no other USB devices are inserted, never had an issue on any box.

skippie
11-01-14, 02:13
one of the 2 quads I received who have faulty tuners got stuck on the boot screen also at the end. No way to boot up again.

sent from ONDA V972