PDA

View Full Version : Solo 2 hdd memory

pauldob22
09-01-14, 14:04
Hi, wonder if anyone can help. I have a 500gb hdd internally installed and this was full so I cleaned out the movies and trash folder and this still only left me with 111gb free. Anyone any idea what is taking up so much space? I have been through every folder on ftp program and cannot see anything taking up more than a few mb. Hdd sectors are working perfectly. Other than xbmc add-ons and picons there is nothing on hdd

craig37
09-01-14, 14:12
Can you access your drive via a PC. I.E do you have your solo2 networked to your home workgroup ?

pauldob22
09-01-14, 14:21
No I haven't but I might look into that if it will give me a breakdown of the folders etc

judge
09-01-14, 14:23
What size does it show up as under mount manager?

craig37
09-01-14, 14:26
No I haven't but I might look into that if it will give me a breakdown of the folders etc

What build image are you on. To be able to see your drive on your PC network your need to change your workgroup name on your PC, build images before 802 were defaulting to "VIX" as the workgroup name . Later builds are just " workgroup" make sure you have enabled Samba in network settings

You can always edit your box but its quicker to change your PC name

pauldob22
09-01-14, 15:11
Mount manager shows 485gb and it showed it was free when it was first installed. Will try the pc workgroup and see what comes up. Cheers guys

craig37
09-01-14, 15:17
Hi, wonder if anyone can help. I have a 500gb hdd internally installed and this was full so I cleaned out the movies and trash folder and this still only left me with 111gb free. Anyone any idea what is taking up so much space? I have been through every folder on ftp program and cannot see anything taking up more than a few mb. Hdd sectors are working perfectly. Other than xbmc add-ons and picons there is nothing on hdd

As a matter of interest where are you seeing "111GB free" is this in your recorded films etc ? Your sure the delete folder is empty ? Sometimes after I've emptied mine the amount of free space doesn't immediately show any difference . But when I check back later or after restart I can see a change in the free space ..?

Mr. Mister
09-01-14, 15:29
If you have nothing on your HDD that your needing.. Why not initialize again and Convert ext3 to ext4 again as well..

pauldob22
09-01-14, 17:03
I found an issue. I have a file called openvix-mips32el that is 356gb! what is this file?

craig37
09-01-14, 17:14
Found this, think your safe to delete.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24207-No-space-left-on-device-openvix-mips32el-sized-1-5G

pauldob22
09-01-14, 17:19
jumped the gun and deleted but now i have other issues! can't initialize or re-mount as its saying media/hdd no such file or directory and can't access hdd in FTP. Also

craig37
09-01-14, 17:25
jumped the gun and deleted but now i have other issues! can't initialize or re-mount as its saying media/hdd no such file or directory and can't access hdd in FTP. Also

If you've deleted the folder opposed to just the file your setup is looking for the folder. Can't you just re create the folder/ folders ?

Did you manage to network the drive ?

pauldob22
09-01-14, 18:34
Couldn't network it after a quick try. Whatever iv done, it didn't like it, a few crashes and still can't find the hdd. There was a fair few folders in hdd so I can see a 're-flash' coming on but after spending days getting it all set up that's a pain

craig37
09-01-14, 19:01
Couldn't network it after a quick try. Whatever iv done, it didn't like it, a few crashes and still can't find the hdd. There was a fair few folders in hdd so I can see a 're-flash' coming on but after spending days getting it all set up that's a pain

Reflash using image manager its a piece of cake ....

pauldob22
09-01-14, 19:53
Cheers Craig. Am I likely to lose all settings, plugins etc?

craig37
09-01-14, 21:27
Cheers Craig. Am I likely to lose all settings, plugins etc?

Just plugins really, you culd use wizard to re install but you may end up with your original problem back

judge
09-01-14, 21:59
Just plugins really, you culd use wizard to re install but you may end up with your original problem back

No, a reflash will wipe all settings too.
Is the box currently working?

craig37
09-01-14, 22:18
No, a reflash will wipe all settings too.
Is the box currently working?
Not if your using image manager ..!