PDA

View Full Version : Motor Issue - Dish off line so no USALS

kebabeater
08-01-14, 22:22
My motor used to work automatically until 4 moths ago. It stopped when I had a spiderbox and I thought that was the problem, but I got the Solo2 last week and the problem persists.

Either way my USALS won't work because the dish is about 4 degrees out of line. It works good enough though between 0.8W and 28.20E so I've never bothered going on the roof to sort it. It used to auto move to sat locations that I saved manually. 4 months ago it stopped even doing that so I had to move the dish east/west by remote on the spider (even saving the locations again didn't work).

The Solo2 doesn't seem to have the facility of manually moving the dish tho. Is there anything I can do?

I've just bought a darkmotor supreme and plan to re-align the dish as soon as I can, but I cant understand why the motor isn't moving although I've configured tuner A to USALS, config - simple, mode - positioner, and entered all my long and lat co-ords correctly????

Motor? Not accepting commands other than forced? Wierd!!!!!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

AJT
09-01-14, 10:19
In the positioner plugin do a send to zero. This ensures the hall effect sensor in the motor is in sync. Now set to usals. If it still doesn't work properly your motor is adjusted wrong or the wrong Co-odds have been entered. If it is the motor adjusted wrong you can correct this temporarily by fudging the usals longitude.

kebabeater
10-01-14, 00:43
In the positioner plugin do a send to zero. This ensures the hall effect sensor in the motor is in sync. Now set to usals. If it still doesn't work properly your motor is adjusted wrong or the wrong Co-odds have been entered. If it is the motor adjusted wrong you can correct this temporarily by fudging the usals longitude.

Thanks AJT - but I recon the positioner motor is duff. When I try to select another satellite from the solo2 it thinks about it but just locks back on 28.2 (where I unplugged the spiderbox).

I went into the setup/service searching/positioner setup and goto was already set to 000.0 - I hit the green button just in case.

I might try using the spiderbox to move the dish to 1.0W and set that to 0 and then try to send it to something strong like 13E to see if the SNR chanhes and therefor the dish moves.

Ive got the darkmotor supreme anyhow and need to put the new quad lnb on anyhow since Ive only got a single on at the mo.

Fun and games mate - Blackpool is a windy town and Im lucky the dish is still on the roof!!

Gaz :thumbsup: