PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] Data doesn't reload on restart

seame
07-01-14, 23:06
When I power off my box or restart it crossepg doesn't populate the channel list on boot.

I'm running vix 808 on a GB quad with crossepg currently saving data to /media/usb but in the past I've tried saving it to /media/sdb1. I've tried a fresh flash without restoring anything and formatted both usb pens before setting it up again. There used to be an option to reload data on boot but I think the problem still existed with that option set to yes.

I've attached screen shots of my settings. What am I doing wrong?

judge
07-01-14, 23:10
How are you powering down the box?

pooface
07-01-14, 23:10
How are you restarting and powering off your box?

What version of vix are you running? Is it an 800 build with latest crossepg or before and older version of crossepg?

seame
07-01-14, 23:20
If I'm turning the box off I always press standby and then knock it off with the rocker switch at the back. I have tried putting the box in deep standby then powering off at the back after a short time but it still fails to reload.

I'm using vix 808 and crossepg 0.7.0

judge
07-01-14, 23:23
If you put the box into deep standby & then wake it from deep standby, does it load then?

pooface
07-01-14, 23:26
If I'm turning the box off I always press standby and then knock it off with the rocker switch at the back. I have tried putting the box in deep standby then powering off at the back after a short time but it still fails to reload.

I'm using vix 808 and crossepg 0.7.0

Whichever method you use, you should not need to press the rocker switch at the back... If you do though, you need to ensure that the box going to deep standby has fully entered deep standby before pressing the rocker switch. This will be the reason why you are loosing the epg data, as if it doesn't cleanly shutdown e2, then it will not be able to store the epg data... Tonight, try using crossepg to download all the epg data. Then, put the box into deep standby, and don't use the rocker switch (this uses less than 1 watt).

Then, in the morning, press the power button on the remote to turn the box back on, and see whether it's saved the epg data...

seame
07-01-14, 23:29
@Judge I'll check shortly the wife is watching CBB.

If your box crashes, will crossepg reload the data when the box boots up again?

pooface
07-01-14, 23:37
@Judge I'll check shortly the wife is watching CBB.

If your box crashes, will crossepg reload the data when the box boots up again?

No, but if you cleanly shutdown your box, it creates an epg.dat file. Upon starting up, the box checks for this epg.dat file. If there, it will load the data from it. So, assuming you've cleanly shut down box at some point recently, you should still have some fairly recent epg data...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

seame
08-01-14, 00:04
I've tried putting it into deep standby then restarting and its loading the data ok.

Since the epg.dat file is stored on the usb (I always thought it was saved to tmp) should it not reload after a crash?

pooface
08-01-14, 07:31
Since the epg.dat file is stored on the usb (I always thought it was saved to tmp) should it not reload after a crash?

Read my post above yours... If the file is there, then yes, it will reload after a crash. If you haven't cleanly shutdown or saved your epg.dat, then if it crashes, there will be nothing for it to load...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
08-01-14, 08:15
Again the usual misunderstandings.
Cross is one of the way's to get EPG-data in your box. That's all. Apart from that Cross does nothing at all.
All EPG is always in RAM, whatever the source of the data.

As stated above: on shutting down properly the EPG-data is stored in epg.dat; that data will be read on start up so all data is available (in RAM) again.

Whatever you do: never shut off the power if the box hasn't been properly shut down (i.e. via the menu). You'll end up having all sorts of issues if you do, including hardware failures.