PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] epg info wrong

dangermoose
07-01-14, 22:52
hi all and hope yous all had a good crimbo and new year

right where was i
my epg is showing the correct programmes but in the info that shows the description of what the programe is about is showing the wrong info every channel is showing the info for the vault music channel
hope someone out there can help this wee but annoying problem

craig37
08-01-14, 13:56
What epg are you using ?

dangermoose
08-01-14, 15:51
hi the epg is crossEPG downloader

craig37
08-01-14, 16:06
Ok, I'd delete your current epg file and then run downloader again to see if it changes. I can't think where your file is at the mo though as I'm at work, . You could delete cross epg from your plugins and then re install. Actually do you have a hard drive installed or you using a flash drive for you epg data?

dangermoose
08-01-14, 16:34
hi thanks ill try deleting it and reinstalling again

ive a hard drive installed but all that i see on it is programmes ive recorded
but im prob not looking at it right lol
im new to all this lol and a bit of a noob but i suppose weve all been noobs at the start lol

dangermoose
08-01-14, 16:51
update everytime i go to menu/plugins/download plug ins . enigma crashes and restarts :-(

craig37
08-01-14, 16:56
Can you go to Menu>setup>system>epg>crossepg then press menu and see where your data is being saved too

judge
08-01-14, 17:01
update everytime i go to menu/plugins/download plug ins . enigma crashes and restarts :-(

upload a crash log, should be found in /home/root/logs/ by default.

dangermoose
08-01-14, 17:02
epg location - internal flash

craig37
08-01-14, 17:30
If you can upload the crash log it will tell us what is causing the crash. Do you know how to do that ?

dangermoose
08-01-14, 17:48

hope i did this right lol

dangermoose
08-01-14, 18:01
have to nip out will be on later hopefully well get it sorted thanks for your help so far mate

Trial
08-01-14, 18:27
Hi,
"MemoryError" is the cause. I think you filled your flash with epg data and now it is full and nothing works. You can try and look into /home/root or /media/hdd if you find something there which does not belong there and delete it.

If everything fails do a fresh flash and use cross only if you have some kind of memory hdd/usb installed.

If you want to use cross epg without a hard drive please install and use a flash drive for the temporary data. For DUO and cross it is also advisable to activate swap and perhaps use plugin flushcache as it needs quite some memory.

ciao

dangermoose
08-01-14, 20:09
ive a tb hard drive in my machine and 70% free cant understand why it would say no memory
bit scared incase i delete something thats needed lol

in the hdd folder theres trash,movie,timeshift and xmtlvimport.glz should i delete the xmtlv file ?

craig37
08-01-14, 20:19
I think its the way epg stores on your internal flash which fills your memory. You can do as judge suggests and do a full reflash , if you use image manager it literally takes minutes. I would change your epg storage from internal flash to your HDD to stop this happening again and certainly download cache flush from the plugins. Make sure you change the setting to stop the pop up showing on your tv when its going to flush though." most annoying " lol.

You could also delete the epg data from your internal flash . Only thing is I only know a long way to find it ..

craig37
08-01-14, 20:30
Using cross epg I don't have any xmtlvimport data . Your memory has nothing to do with your hard drive Its your physical memory of your box that appears to be the issue

dangermoose
08-01-14, 20:34
changed to egp to hdd and did an update its soved my original problem of the info all wrong
but still crashes when i go to download new plugins

how do i clear the internal flash lol

craig37
08-01-14, 20:43
only way i know is crap , but here goes , press button for your recorded films etc, press yellow for locations, on mine i'd now press other, then press menu and select "switch to file list", then parent directory, the list of storage devices, internal flash and hopefully there will be something in there will enlighten you lol .. I know this isn't the right way to do it but it will show you where to look. I'd then use file zilla , connect via my pc and delete once i'd found the right file.

I'd suggest its called Epg data

If your using filezilla or some other program to connect to your box via pc, you could just search epg.dat to find the file ..?

think it should be in home/root/drive..?

craig37
08-01-14, 20:59
P.s if you have any additional skins installed delete them too.

dangermoose
08-01-14, 21:02
im lost went in there ok but wasnt sure what i was looking for
but hey thanks for all your help at least my original problem is all sorted lol

craig37
08-01-14, 21:08
Quicker fix would be to use image a manger and reflash , Menu> setup>vix>image manager> press menu and make sure location is to your hdd opposed to internal flash Then in image manager press yellow button then choose 808 and green button once its download it just shows same download list , back out once and you'll see 808 listed . follow instructions, pretty idiot prove and its the same as doing a full flash.

dangermoose
08-01-14, 21:27
cheers mate reflash in progress hopefully alls good my end now after this finishes

thanks again :thumbsup:

craig37
08-01-14, 21:34
Your welcome, just make sure you have the like of all your memory / download stuff saving to your HDD. Install casheflush too.

dangermoose
08-01-14, 21:39
yeah will do that to hdd from now on mate
how long does it usually take to finish the reflash

craig37
08-01-14, 21:51
can take fifteen mins or so depending on system

dangermoose
08-01-14, 22:20
starting to panic still on screen that says reflash in progress please wait until your vu rebbots this can take a few minutes lol

craig37
08-01-14, 22:31
Never panic There's always vodka lol.. How long has been rebooting?

dangermoose
08-01-14, 22:35
yeah i think i might have to reach for mr smirnoff shortly lol
stuck on same screen for about an hour :( lol

craig37
08-01-14, 22:39
Think your memory is full bud. Think your gonna have to a full re flash with usb stick .. Do you have one ? Don't worry I've been here a number of times and not bricked my box yet

dangermoose
08-01-14, 22:41
yeah ive a usb stick here mate
where the best place to get the file for the full reflash

craig37
08-01-14, 22:44
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28833-How-to-restore-flash-a-image-in-ViX-3-0-without-a-USB-stick-(-all-receivers-)

Switch off your box and restart, you might be surprised that it restarts with same image if not read above link

oops that's the wrong link , too much Mr Smirnoff
Give me a minute to find it

dangermoose
08-01-14, 22:46
ok fingers and bloody toes crossed lol

dangermoose
08-01-14, 22:50
started with no issues lol
no bricked box lol

craig37
08-01-14, 22:55
I've switched mine on and off a number of times .. I can't seem to find the thread i was looking for You need to either clear your memory or do a flash buy usb Not unless you tell me everything is working ok..? Maybe leave it for another night . Let me know what things are doing Cheers
I'll find the thread tomorrow for usb flash But image manager is defo the way to go.. Not used toilet roll since using image manager. ust be sure that all downloads, epg etc save to HDD. most important;)

craig37
08-01-14, 22:58
P.s restart you box and send another crash log

dangermoose
08-01-14, 22:59
yeah everythings working ok
memorys still full but maybe that is for another night lol

dangermoose
08-01-14, 23:01
started with no issues lol
no bricked box lol

craig37
08-01-14, 23:06
This is for a duo2 but same principle Will look for delete option for memory too

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29577-How-to-flash-a-Vu-Duo2-by-USB

craig37
08-01-14, 23:29
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?301

also worth a look

dangermoose
08-01-14, 23:35
did a usb flash everything seems to be working ok its just scanning now lol

craig37
08-01-14, 23:39
Well Done ..!

dangermoose
08-01-14, 23:41
couldnt have done it without you mate and noticed in the process it said deleting flash so everything should be fine now

craig37
09-01-14, 00:00
:beer_toast::smiley_yup::sleep:

juanca2000
17-01-14, 17:49
Issue: EPG wrong information - Solo2 - Cross EPG - build 790 (can't update for now as streaming is not working on newer build)

Hello all,

I would like to know if there is a way to fix EPG for some of the channels. The EPG information is correct for most of them (90%) but still a few have EPG from other channels.
I have no clue how to fix it, it is a bit annoying because this happens in 2 channels that I watch a lot and I would like to use the automatic timer, which won't work if EPG information is not acurate.
thanks a lot for your help.
PS: Please let me know if I do need to give more details to understand the issue.