PDA

View Full Version : How To Setup XBMC To Stream Live Tv And Recording From An Enigma2 Box...

pac2000
07-01-14, 21:11
First Of All Download And Install XBMC Frodo
Then Run It And Goto System, Then Settings

Then Select Add-ons

Then Select Disabled Add-ons

Then Select PVR Clients

Then Select Vu+ / Enigma Client

Make Sure You Select Enable And Then Click Configure

In The Generals Tab, Insert Your Enigma2 Box IP Address

In The Channels Tab, Select A Local Folder For The EPG/Recordings Data (You May Want To Create This Folder First)
If Your Enigma2 Box Has Only 1 Tuner, Select 'Zap Before Channel Switch'

In The Advanced Tab, Input Your Username (Default : root) And Your Password (Default : dreambox)
And Your Recording Folder On The Box (Default : \media\hdd\movie)

That's The Add-on Configured

pac2000
07-01-14, 21:21
Go Back To The Home Screen And Select System And Settings Again

Then Select Live TV

In The General Tab, Make Sure You Select Enable

Then In The EPG Tab, Select How Many Days You Want To Store
Select Several Days So That You Don't Have To Wait A Long Time Every Time You Start XBMC Up

Quit XBMC, And Restart... You'll Notice It Starts Importing EPG Data, And Live TV Is Now Available

It'll Take Some Time The First Time, About 20 Minutes
And Here It Is Working

Next Time You Start The XBMC, It'll Pull The EPG From The Local Folder
Then Update The Channels/Recordings
This Takes Only A Matter Of Seconds
You Can Then Use It The Stream Live TV/Recordings

Although It Will Re-Import The EPG In The Background Which Will Take About 20 Minutes Again

Enjoy...

mousedown
07-01-14, 21:35
Thanks for this, I had never considered it. If it's fast enough and easy enough to use, it would make a decent set up for a second room!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Tyler
07-01-14, 21:48
How do you download it to an enigma Stb ?

lfcjim82
07-01-14, 21:50
I previously tried this about a month ago using my Apple Tv with the Vu PVR installed, but when it came to watching everything it lagged continously leaving nothing watchable. That was streaming via Homeplugs from ATV to router, and ethernet from router to Solo 2 box. So unlessI hadn't configured something properly, it was useless for me. Has anyone else had better results with an ATV2?

pac2000
07-01-14, 22:01
Tyler, You Don't Need To Do Anything On The Enigma2 Box...

lfcjim82, I Get Perfect Results In HD On My Quad Core 2.6 Ghz Computer, And Perfect SD Results On My 2.2Ghz Single Core PC... (Both Ethernet Hard Wired Using A Gigabit Switch)

Will Post Results On My Dual Core When I've Tested It...

eigh8plus
07-01-14, 23:13
Thanks for this great tutorial. .. how do I get it to display picons?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

pac2000
07-01-14, 23:19
It Displays Picons Automatically... You Don't Need To Configure It...

aScottishBloke
07-01-14, 23:23
so is thei for an enigma2 box or pc m8

Naz
07-01-14, 23:38
Okay where do I download the xmbc frodo? I can't find it on the plugins ? I have vu solo 2 vix 3 build 808. Or I cannot download and get this running on my vu solo 2

eigh8plus
07-01-14, 23:45
@ Naz,This is a program u download and install on your computer.

eigh8plus
07-01-14, 23:49
It Displays Picons Automatically... You Don't Need To Configure It...

But mine is not showing the picons yet, although still importing EPG from clients. .do I have to wait for that to finish?

pac2000
08-01-14, 00:00
It's For A Pc, Or Any Device That Can Run The XBMC...

Like A Raspberry Pi, Android, OpenElec, MAC, Linux, Windows Etc...

http://xbmc.org/download/

pac2000
08-01-14, 00:06
Yes Initially You Need To Wait For It To Completely Download The EPG/Picons/Recording Data... It Takes About 20 Minutes... And After That When Starting XBMC, It Quickly Loads Them Locally Within Seconds... But If You Set Your EPG To Only 1 Day, And Don't Start It For 2 Days After, You'll Have To Wait The 20 Minutes Again Before Everything Is Upto Date... Which Is Why I Recommend To Set It To Several Days... I've Found There's No Difference Between 1 And 3 Days In Terms Of Download Time...

eigh8plus
08-01-14, 00:12
Mine is taking forever to download... i guess it has to do with my machine spec 2.1Ghz 2Core 4RAM
Yes Initially You Need To Wait For It To Completely Download The EPG/Picons/Recording Data... It Takes About 20 Minutes... And After That When Starting XBMC, It Quickly Loads Them Locally Within Seconds... But If You Set Your EPG To Only 1 Day, And Don't Start It For 2 Days After, You'll Have To Wait The 20 Minutes Again Before Everything Is Upto Date... Which Is Why I Recommend To Set It To Several Days... I've Found There's No Difference Between 1 And 3 Days In Terms Of Download Time...

pac2000
08-01-14, 01:07
Is It Hard Wired??? All My PC's Take About 20 Minutes... And One Is On WiFi (But Has A Brilliant Signal(2 Metres Away))

Your Spec Has Nothing To Do With It... My Single Core 2.1Ghz Wifi Laptop With 2Gb Takes The Same Time As My Quad 3.4Ghz 8Gb 120Gb SSD Server With Gigabit Network Card Directly Connected To A Gigabit Switch... The Latters Startup However Is Blisteringly Fast... No XBMC Frodo Splash Screen, And The Local Load Is About 1.5 Seconds Including Channel And Recording Update...

However The Laptop Can Handle SD Live TV/Recordings Perfectly... I've A Bit More Testing To Do To Determine What Specs Will Provide Perfect HD... When I've Done That I'll Post Back...After That I'll Be Testing An Android Quad Core Mini PC/Media Centre With 2Gb To See If That Can Handle The Live HD Hard Wired... And Again I'll Post Back The Results...

pac2000
08-01-14, 02:25
Offline PDF Version...

eigh8plus
08-01-14, 07:03
Is It Hard Wired??? All My PC's Take About 20 Minutes... And One Is On WiFi (But Has A Brilliant Signal(2 Metres Away))

Your Spec Has Nothing To Do With It... My Single Core 2.1Ghz Wifi Laptop With 2Gb Takes The Same Time As My Quad 3.4Ghz 8Gb 120Gb SSD Server With Gigabit Network Card Directly Connected To A Gigabit Switch... The Latters Startup However Is Blisteringly Fast... No XBMC Frodo Splash Screen, And The Local Load Is About 1.5 Seconds Including Channel And Recording Update...

However The Laptop Can Handle SD Live TV/Recordings Perfectly... I've A Bit More Testing To Do To Determine What Specs Will Provide Perfect HD... When I've Done That I'll Post Back...After That I'll Be Testing An Android Quad Core Mini PC/Media Centre With 2Gb To See If That Can Handle The Live HD Hard Wired... And Again I'll Post Back The Results...

It's wifi and about 3 meters away. .. It's time to consider an upgrade. . My pc is about 4 & half years old. .lol

satmanbasil
08-01-14, 14:35
Hi
After having problems getting into site to download proggy i finally did it and following your instructions i managed to get it working, just one problem i found is i have a multi satellite setup so when reading from the stb my channel list it went for east to west, when the list appeared after loading the list is numerical so i had to scroll through 7000 channel to find the 28east channels what really is needed if reading data from stb is the satellite xml file so your able to select the bird from which you wish to view channel, can this be done or is the program limited.

pac2000
09-01-14, 02:46
If You Left Click TV Channels (Far Left Sliding Menu) It Rotates Through The Bouquet's... If You Right Click The Space To The Right Of TV Channels, And Select Group Management, You Can Directly Go To A Bouquet, But You Have To Hover Over TV Channels Again...

dfdream
09-01-14, 10:51
FYI.

For anyone using a device other than a PC (Pi, tablet etc) you are better off to create a separate bouquet with the channels you need on it and configure VU plugin to only download that bouquet.
Works a lot better.
Have a PI in daughters play room with raspbmc and about 40 channels in a bouquet (SD works better) and takes about 90 secs to download epg on boot up.
Have another upstairs with another bouquet mapped so at least it boots faster than loading all bouquets.
On core i7 PC I let them all load and it flies through them.

aScottishBloke
10-01-14, 23:35
FYI.

For anyone using a device other than a PC (Pi, tablet etc) you are better off to create a separate bouquet with the channels you need on it and configure VU plugin to only download that bouquet.
Works a lot better.
Have a PI in daughters play room with raspbmc and about 40 channels in a bouquet (SD works better) and takes about 90 secs to download epg on boot up.
Have another upstairs with another bouquet mapped so at least it boots faster than loading all bouquets.
On core i7 PC I let them all load and it flies through them.

hi mate, i done all the steps but when it loads the EPG and channel list it takes forever to load. i only have access to 28 but it loads all the other satellites i have in the box. how do you stop it doing that so i only loads 28

judge
10-01-14, 23:46
i only have access to 28 but it loads all the other satellites i have in the box. how do you stop it doing that so i only loads 28

Just out of interest, why do you have other Sats stored on the box if you only have access to 28.2E?

aScottishBloke
10-01-14, 23:48
had access to a motorized system but motor is goosed atm

pac2000
11-01-14, 01:03
Here's A Video Showing That On My 2.1 Ghz Single Core 2Gb Laptop With Normal HDD On Wifi, That Within 25 Seconds You Can Access The Channels With EPG, Whilst The EPG Is Updated In The Background... (The EPG Has Already Been Populated In The Background Within The Last 3 Days)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muJnw95yFJU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's The Entire 28.2e Bouquet's And Full Channel List...

dfdream
11-01-14, 10:32
You have 2 options.

Delete the satellites on your sat box that you don't have access to.

Or create a bouquet with the channels you only need on the XBMC box and in the configuration of VU plugin in XMBC set to only to download one bouquet..

Note if you create a bouquet manually on sat box it adds (TV) to the bouquet name. This is needed in the title in VU plugin too..

BTW what device are you running XBMC on ?

hi mate, i done all the steps but when it loads the EPG and channel list it takes forever to load. i only have access to 28 but it loads all the other satellites i have in the box. how do you stop it doing that so i only loads 28

duoduo
11-01-14, 11:56
If I want to only download all channels bouquet, please can you tell me exactly what name needs to go in?

aScottishBloke
11-01-14, 13:07
If I want to only download all channels bouquet, please can you tell me exactly what name needs to go in?

same name as the bouquet thats on your box you want

aScottishBloke
11-01-14, 16:27
im using windows 7 mate, i have managed to get it to load all channels from the all channels bouquet,

ive noticed since the installation of xbmc and using live tv my gigablue quad takes alot longer to boot etc. is that normal

You have 2 options.

Delete the satellites on your sat box that you don't have access to.

Or create a bouquet with the channels you only need on the XBMC box and in the configuration of VU plugin in XMBC set to only to download one bouquet..

Note if you create a bouquet manually on sat box it adds (TV) to the bouquet name. This is needed in the title in VU plugin too..

BTW what device are you running XBMC on ?

dfdream
11-01-14, 19:12
No complaints here (on Duo2)

im using windows 7 mate, i have managed to get it to load all channels from the all channels bouquet,

ive noticed since the installation of xbmc and using live tv my gigablue quad takes alot longer to boot etc. is that normal

stevedynamite
12-01-14, 17:02
hi there I have vu solo 2 and thought I needed the plugin that's a ipk file is this correct? and if so where would I get this from been to the xbmc site and there is a wide choice of platforms to download. Also I managed to install xbmcaddons v5 but there were no addons in the section just a message saying download from xtrend site im a bit lost any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Garglo
16-01-14, 06:52
I agree with stevedynamite we need a plugin either as a addon or a ipk file. Tried the VIX downloadable plugins available on the receiver with no success. The use of IPTV or XBMC needs a tutorial that is CURRENT and for the Vu+ products. I have a Vu+Duo2 and Im hoping to be able to put in my own internet links or get some good English language links. NOTE: I wish to run it from the Vu product. If you suggest otherwise ... what is the problem. TUTORIAL please.

dfdream
16-01-14, 15:06
Guys think ye are on the wrong thread.
This thread is not about using XBMC on your satellite receiver.
Its about putting XBMC on a PC, Raspberry PI or Android device and using an XBMC plugin so you can watch Streams from your sat box on PC, Raspberry PI or Android device.

D

I agree with stevedynamite we need a plugin either as a addon or a ipk file. Tried the VIX downloadable plugins available on the receiver with no success. The use of IPTV or XBMC needs a tutorial that is CURRENT and for the Vu+ products. I have a Vu+Duo2 and Im hoping to be able to put in my own internet links or get some good English language links. NOTE: I wish to run it from the Vu product. If you suggest otherwise ... what is the problem. TUTORIAL please.

rassi
17-01-14, 07:16
FYI.

Works a lot better.

This below trick should work little bit better? ;)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=PVR/Backend/VUPlus#Channels

Folder for channeldata:
Retrieving the channel data from the backend can take quite long.
To avoid that the user has to wait a long time before the addon starts it stores the information
about the available channels in a separate XML file. Instead of quering the backend the addon then tries to
load the channels from this XML file during addon startup.
This property defines into which directory this XML file will be put. The filename is "channeldata.xml".
Also, the last played position of the recordings will be saved into this directory, so that the user can resume the playback of a previously stopped recording.
The recording data is stored into the file "recordings.xml".

gillms1
17-01-14, 07:45
Hi,

I got the bouquets downloaded to my pi, however whenever I select a channel it streams only the audio and no picture? Any ideas?

Garglo
17-01-14, 07:55
OK I finally understand this thread now. Back to the web to find good links on what I want.

Guys think ye are on the wrong thread.
This thread is not about using XBMC on your satellite receiver.
Its about putting XBMC on a PC, Raspberry PI or Android device and using an XBMC plugin so you can watch Streams from your sat box on PC, Raspberry PI or Android device.

D

finbarr
24-01-14, 00:49
Does the raspberry pi running xbmc edition have enough power to stream and play from a Vu Duo? Wow! I was using mine just for AirPlay of music to speakers but I might repurpose it!

Related: is there any hope of an xbmc app for Samsung TVs? Or a possibility of something like this to work with the Plex client already created for Samsung Smart Tvs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duoduo
24-01-14, 08:39
You need to ask your last question on a xbmc forum not on here, this is a satellite forum.

I believe you can do this on a raspberry pi, you need to setup live TV and then enigma2 pvr in addon settings.

Stationman
24-01-14, 10:25
Hi,

I got the bouquets downloaded to my pi, however whenever I select a channel it streams only the audio and no picture? Any ideas?

You need to buy the Pi mpg2 license code do a search for pi license code in google and top link ... it is £2.40 so does not break the bank.
There is also a VC1 code for windows media if you want to play that.
I have a Pi using XBMC (Raspbmc, Xbian or Openelec) running with a SOLO2 and streams no problem.

finbarr
24-01-14, 12:10
Thanks, I'll give it a shot on the Pi at the weekend and report back how I get on. Cheers.

dfdream
24-01-14, 17:09
Stationman

Are you getting perfect picture on HD channels from Solo2
I have mine connected to DUO2 and the HD channel takes 30 secs to open and breaks up alot.
SD is quick (4-5 secs) and 100% stable...
All connected to gigabit wired network.
Playback of HD recordings from DUO2 take 10 secs to load and 100% stable playback...

You need to buy the Pi mpg2 license code do a search for pi license code in google and top link ... it is £2.40 so does not break the bank.
There is also a VC1 code for windows media if you want to play that.
I have a Pi using XBMC (Raspbmc, Xbian or Openelec) running with a SOLO2 and streams no problem.

finbarr
24-01-14, 19:09
I've installed OpenElec, and configured Live TV and the Vu Enigma2 client, but I keep getting a message down the bottom right of XBMC saying "Vu Enigma2 Client: Connection Lost". Any ideas? I have double checked the web port, username and password.

Stationman
24-01-14, 19:31
@dfdream
I have the Pi overclocked to FAST (940 MHz) option with no issues and yes the time taken
to open channels is due to filling a buffer before play back starts, mine takes about 3 seconds
for SD and 10-15 seconds for HD. I don't get any break up on say BBC ONE HD.
The fastest option I have found for me is Raspbmc installed to a fast USB stick ( I am using a
16 GB Transcend JetFlash 700 USB 3 one - works fine with pi usb 2 port)
I use no pi hub just the usb stick and an Ultra Mini Keyboard with 2.4 GHz dongle plus a couple of
500MHz / 1 gigabit port powerline adapters for the network connection via a 1 gigabit switch.
A good Class 10 SD card also helps and I have been using 8GB Kingston class 10 cards.

@finbarr
I often have this error when I request a single bouquet and then miss spell or put an invalid name
in for the bouquet, my simple solution is to create a bouquet called xbmc and put only the channels
I wish to have in it.
Also I don't have any username or password set for the web interface on the solo2.
Also as I have a motorised dish I select the zap option to ensure I can pick channels from any satellite
and have the solo2 move the dish if required on channel change.

Hope that helps you out, I am not a real expert in this area but have tested/played with a lot of
options including running Openelec backend on a small netbook with it's own usb tuner and the pi
as a frontend to play from this.
If you wish to ask any further questions please feel free and I will do my best to answer them.

finbarr
24-01-14, 20:03
Thanks mate. I just got it working. In the end, I simply deleted the Recording Path in the addon settings and it started working. Now, I can select channels and hear audio. I've just ordered the mpeg2 codec, so hopefully that will sort out the video side of things.

finbarr
25-01-14, 15:25
Video working perfect now. This is such as great setup. Only one issue now, and that is to get Sky 3D to work. I can see the vertical side by side picture, but I cannot seem to get it into true 3D mode in XBMC. Has anyone got this working?

This would be great to get working as the TV I am streaming to is 3D, whereas the one downstairs with the Vu, is not.

dfdream
25-01-14, 17:12
Stationman

Can you check if its ok on other HD channels
I think BBC1 HD was the best of them... THe rest were alot worse...

@dfdream
I have the Pi overclocked to FAST (940 MHz) option with no issues and yes the time taken
to open channels is due to filling a buffer before play back starts, mine takes about 3 seconds
for SD and 10-15 seconds for HD. I don't get any break up on say BBC ONE HD.
The fastest option I have found for me is Raspbmc installed to a fast USB stick ( I am using a
16 GB Transcend JetFlash 700 USB 3 one - works fine with pi usb 2 port)
I use no pi hub just the usb stick and an Ultra Mini Keyboard with 2.4 GHz dongle plus a couple of
500MHz / 1 gigabit port powerline adapters for the network connection via a 1 gigabit switch.
A good Class 10 SD card also helps and I have been using 8GB Kingston class 10 cards.

@finbarr
I often have this error when I request a single bouquet and then miss spell or put an invalid name
in for the bouquet, my simple solution is to create a bouquet called xbmc and put only the channels
I wish to have in it.
Also I don't have any username or password set for the web interface on the solo2.
Also as I have a motorised dish I select the zap option to ensure I can pick channels from any satellite
and have the solo2 move the dish if required on channel change.

Hope that helps you out, I am not a real expert in this area but have tested/played with a lot of
options including running Openelec backend on a small netbook with it's own usb tuner and the pi
as a frontend to play from this.
If you wish to ask any further questions please feel free and I will do my best to answer them.

tomos
25-01-14, 19:49
Hi All,

I've just downloaded and installed xbmc and it works extremely well, I've now got a follow up question if I connect a separate usb hard drive to my duo2 box could I browse what's on the drive using the duo2 wireless connection?
Tomos.

finbarr
25-01-14, 20:03
@dfdream. All HD channels streaming perfect for me to the Pi. All the movies and sports channels. I set it up originally on ethernet, but now it works for me , even over wifi which is very surprising to me!

Stationman
25-01-14, 21:19
I have no issues streaming any channels including HD ones.

I have today found an alpha release of the next Openelec for Pi with the latest xbmc 13 Gotham
created by xbmc forum member MilhouseVH (big thanks to him for a fantastic build).
Once I formatted an 8GB SD card and created the files on it I was amazed at just how fast it is.
UI very responsive and channels open in 2-3 seconds .... even HD ones !
I don't know the rules about posting links to other forums or download locations so I will refrain
from doing so at this time, but if anyone wants any further details them PM me and I will respond
with the details.
For an alpha release it is more stable than most betas I have used, some plugins may not work I
guess but the ones I use are fine, including the VU+ PVR client.

shadows
26-01-14, 19:13
done this to my pc all i get is blip every 5 seconds connection lost how do i get back to the config page cheers

Stationman
26-01-14, 21:06
It should be at

System -> Settings -> Add-ons -> Enabled Add-ons -> PVR Clients -> VU+ / Enigma2 Client -> Configure

shadows
26-01-14, 23:56
done this to my pc all i get is blip every 5 seconds connection lost how do i get back to the config page cheers

sorted... worked wen i turned pc off and on

finbarr
04-02-14, 20:28
Has anyone tried 3D? I get the picture but it stays in side by side mode and doesn't give me a 3D option. When I run tvservice -s it gives me the same info as a non 3D channel, so I'm guessing the Vu Duo isn't 'passing through' the required 3D info to XBMC...

OpenELEC:~ # tvservice -s
state 0x12001a [HDMI CEA (16) RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 60Hz, progressive
OpenELEC:~ #

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

EsSa55
10-02-14, 12:06
Hello

Hopefully, someone can advise on this.

vu+ pvr configured and works on laptop, except cannot switch or view channels.

Pretty basic requirement!

So, channels appear (with epg); recordings appear AND play; can record a channel and box switches to recording channel.

Strange?

TIA

uksparx
10-02-14, 12:36
What's the best wifi stick to use with the pi at the moment I am using some old d link home plugs but am getting break ups on hd channels.

dfdream
10-02-14, 15:58
What OS are you using on the PI.
I had the same issues on RASPBMC (Frodo) on wired network so not sure if its bandwidth but currently using a Beta Version of Openelec (Gotham) and its 1000 times better on HD.
Breakups are few and far between (Still only in beta though)

How is play back of hd recordings from your sat box on PI over wifi ???

What's the best wifi stick to use with the pi at the moment I am using some old d link home plugs but am getting break ups on hd channels.

uksparx
10-02-14, 18:48
I am using raspbmc on d link plugs.

I have not found a decent wi if stick yet to try as I have virgin media superhub which has a 5g wifi access point.

I'm going to try openelec have you got a link to the beta I had a quick search and found this.

OpenELEC-RPi.arm-3.2.4.img.zip

I take it this is not the beta?

dfdream
10-02-14, 23:35
Thanks to STATIONMAN for these instructions... Worked First Time...

First prepare the SD card with any partion editor (I used Minitool
partition wizard home edition which is free).

1) Create a primary FAT32 partition at least 128 MB in size (I used 256 MB).
2) Create a second primary EXT4 partition for the remaining space on the SD card.

Then get the distro and put it on the SD card.

1) Download the latest Openelec MilhouseVH build image file from here
http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/?dir=MilhouseVH/
2) Extract the files from the downloaded tar file (I used z-Zip for this)
3) Now some files need to be copied to the root of the SD card FAT32 partition as follows
All the files in 3rdparty bootloader directory
All the files in the target directory
The licenses directory
The remaining files from the top level of the build folder
4) Now rename the sd card file KERNEL to KERNEL.img
5) Creat a new file at root level of SD card named cmdline.txt and put
the following line in it
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ssh quiet
6) Modify the config.txt file to include your MPG2 and VC1 decode license values,
you can also apply some overclocking values at this time if you wish.

Now put the SD card in the Raspberry Pi and start it up, if all is well Openelec
should run.

The Lambton Worm
12-02-14, 17:59
Has anyone managed to get this to work remotely?

I've got XBMC set up on my Galaxy S4 and it works perfectly on my LAN but when I try to stream remotely the working icon appears for about 2 seconds then disappears and nothing plays. I can connect to my Duo2 box and download bouquets, epg etc and even stream my movies but I can't get the tv channels to play.

I'm using ViX 3.0.808.

PS I've turned the Transcoding option off and Vu+ Player & Dreamdroid work fine. All other XBMC add ons stream OK too.

The Lambton Worm
14-02-14, 14:40
Got it sorted the idiot that I am!

I had the webinterface port as part of the IP address eg dyndns.com:8080 when it should've just been dyndns.com

marty
15-02-14, 10:59
Just a bit of info, if you have a STB cabable of transcoding you will not require the MPEG2 license for your Pi :D

EsSa55
21-02-14, 14:30
Hello

So, channels appear (with epg); recordings appear AND play; can record a channel and box switches to recording channel.

Strange?

TIA

Ok, I can now do everything other than view TV channels.

So, switch channels, view recordings, d/l epg.

Anyone?

TIA

dfdream
21-02-14, 14:53
Are you using XBMC on the laptop to connect to the satellite box.
If so then you go to live TV in XBMC and to Channels.
Then a list of all the channels you have configured VU+ plugin in XBMC to receive should appear.
Scroll up and down to change selection and press OK to select.
If you are using a remote you can change channel with up and down channel button.
If you are still confused put a screen shot of your XBMC up here.

You should be getting something like this.

Hello

Strange?

TIA

finbarr
21-02-14, 16:03
Can you stream ok using the web interface? This would rule out any port or network issues.