PDA

View Full Version : Help needed to install catseye sat list on solo2 motorised

kebabeater
07-01-14, 11:30
Hi,
I've just got a solo2 and its linked to my old motorised dish.

Can someone please tell me where I should ftp the catseye folder to on the solo?

Also - Is there any way of moving the dish from the remote on a solo2 since my dish is slightly out and i cant sort it in this weather? I didn't use usals on my last spiderbox receiver because of this. I just searched and stored the sat positions manually.

All help greatfully received!!

Gaz
:):)

Sicilian
07-01-14, 11:44
Moved to correct section.

DaMacFunkin
07-01-14, 17:43
Cats eyes can be downloaded via plug ins, but is wouldn't use it because it messes with auto bouquets too much

kebabeater
07-01-14, 19:24
Cats eyes can be downloaded via plug ins, but is wouldn't use it because it messes with auto bouquets too much

Hi Damacfunkin - I already had the catseye file to put in the solo2 - I just didnt know where to put it - but I think I've worked this out now so for future reference if someone has the same problem -

Once you have the catseye file you want (I went for the largest for motorised) you need to open your ftp program (I use filezilla) and connect to the stb - open the etc folder and then the enigma2 folder - then open the catseye folder you have downloaded and uzipped and copy all the data in it and drag it over to the enigma2 folder on the stb - select overwrite on any duplicate files and once done disconnect filezilla from the stb. Give the solo2 stb a reboot and there you go!!

I haven't seen any other pre made channel lists, but this catseye one looks pretty good to me!! And its especially useful if you're motorised ;)

Now all I need is to find out why I can't move my dish. I think it's a motor problem since I used to have to move it manually with the remote on my spiderbox. I've just bought a darkmotor supreme to repkace the 8 year old technomate one.

I would still like to know if anyone has found a way to move the dish by the solo2 remote??????????? :confused::confused::confused:

abu baniaz
07-01-14, 19:31
A lot easier to transfer using Dreamboxedit/Dreamset or similar channel editors.

Start a new thread on the motor issue. Describe how you have it setup and what the tuner configuration is. Might be better if you take a screen shot of it.

DaMacFunkin
08-01-14, 13:59
Hi I know how to transfer the cats eye by FTP but like I said I don't use it anymore because it messes the system up, as for is there a button on the remote to fine tune + / - there isn't , there is a section in the tuner configuration where you can auto focus etc and it will work out the offset for you, I bit of looking and you will find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

kebabeater
08-01-14, 21:37
A lot easier to transfer using Dreamboxedit/Dreamset or similar channel editors.

Start a new thread on the motor issue. Describe how you have it setup and what the tuner configuration is. Might be better if you take a screen shot of it.

Well I couldn't find the info so I just lucky guessed with the ftp to the enigma2 folder lol - I will look at dreambox edit though - anything for an easy life!!

And good idea to start a new thread!! Thanks