PDA

View Full Version : Pink colour on subtitles, How do I change it?

HeRmAN
02-11-10, 22:00
Hi

I'm new to this kind of boxes and to linux too so I need a few advices along the way.

I have tested OPEN PLi and then I switched over to VIX 1.0 and then to 1.2 and I have an issue with the subtitles, they are pink!
Pink subtitles are very hard to read so I would prefer to change it back to white as it was in the OPEN PLi image. Can it be done?
The OPEn PLi image I tested was
Enigma: OpenPLi 2010-07-06-master
Image: openpli-2010-05-21

A step by step would be very useful.
Thanks in advance

HeRmAN
02-11-10, 22:49
I have searched and read the threads
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2432-Vu-duo-subtitles&highlight=subtitle
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2044-How-du-I-change-Subtitle-color-and-position

My /usr/share/enigma2/skin.xml looks like this now but it doesn't make any difference and I have restarted the box.
It still is pink (#DCAAAA I guess)
- <subtitles>
<sub name="Subtitle_TTX" font="Regular;30" foregroundColor="#FFFFFF" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Regular" font="Regular;30" foregroundColor="#DCDCDC" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Bold" font="Replacement;30" foregroundColor="#DCDCDC" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Italic" font="Regular;30" foregroundColor="#DCDCDC" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" />
- <!-- omitting foregroundColor attribute will enable auto-assignment of color
-->
</subtitles>

This is the old file:
- <subtitles>
<sub name="Subtitle_TTX" font="Regular;30" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Regular" font="Regular;30" foregroundColor="#DCDCDC" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Bold" font="Replacement;30" foregroundColor="#DCDCDC" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Italic" font="Regular;30" foregroundColor="#DCAAAA" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" />
- <!-- omitting foregroundColor attribute will enable auto-assignment of color
-->
</subtitles>

Some more tests.
The above was with the default skin for VIX, Vu_HD_plus

Tried some other installed skins too with following result
750S - Pink text
Vu_HD - Pink text
Default - White text, but then the subtitle button doesn't work and the Menu/subtitle doesn't either.

Maybe I need to edit some other file than skin.xml to change the Vu_HD_plus skin??

One thing more, changing the files or selecting another skin doesn't work with just a restart of the GUI/Enigma II. I must do a full restart to see the channel again.

HeRmAN
02-11-10, 23:45
Hi again
I found and fixed it now.

The problem was that I was in the folder. Proper folder for that skin is
/usr/share/enigma2/Vu_HD_plus

and it looks like a part of a row is missing and therefore giving pink (default) colour on the subtitles
I added the bold section and then it works. (but it still requires a full restart and not just the GUI)

<subtitles>
<sub name="Subtitle_TTX" font="Subtitlefont;34" foregroundColor="white" borderColor="black" borderWidth="3" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="2,2" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Regular" font="Subtitlefont;34" foregroundColor="white" borderColor="black" borderWidth="3" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="2,2" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Bold" font="Subtitlefont;34" foregroundColor="white" borderColor="black" borderWidth="3" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="2,2" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Italic" font="Subtitlefont;34" foregroundColor="white" borderColor="black" borderWidth="3" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="2,2" />
</subtitles>

Attached is the working skin.xml in zipped format

mg7
13-11-10, 16:40
In every skin, you hanve te edit skin, as well as default skin.xlm, then edit this part:

<subtitles>
<sub name="Subtitle_TTX" font="Regular;34" foregroundColor="#FFFFFF" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Regular" font="Regular;34" foregroundColor="#FFFFFF" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Bold" font="Replacement;34" foregroundColor="#FFFFFF" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Italic" font="Regular;34" foregroundColor="#FFFFFF" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="3,3" />
<!-- omitting foregroundColor attribute will enable auto-assignment of color -->
</subtitles>
dont forget the foregroundcolor...

ESM
13-11-10, 18:52
Is it also possible to get the subtitles in a better format? No it often uses half of the screen to put two lines.... It must be possible to get it in the normal way, for PLi has that already in their image.

Hamram
13-11-10, 21:02
Is it also possible to get the subtitles in a better format? No it often uses half of the screen to put two lines.... It must be possible to get it in the normal way, for PLi has that already in their image.

I've been wondering about the same thing, and also if it is possible to get in lower on the screen. Sometimes it is placed right in the middle of the screen.

andyblac
15-11-10, 11:46
this is on my to do list :), once we get the images out, this is my next job :D, so please bare with me, i can only do so much, and my disability stops my me from sitting at my computer for too long so i have to take lots of breaks and go lie down to ease my back pain. but i will look into it i promise

Andy.

ESM
15-11-10, 19:12
If you would have lived near me in Holland I would have invited you to do the work at my place in a really nice chair... Especially made for my back pains and it works! ;)

It is about the ttx subtitles by the way. The DVB's are okay.

silverfox0786
15-11-10, 19:46
this is on my to do list :), once we get the images out, this is my next job :D, so please bare with me, i can only do so much, and my disability stops my me from sitting at my computer for too long so i have to take lots of breaks and go lie down to ease my back pain. but i will look into it i promise

Andy.

andy mate your health is more important to us take your time

and guys please bear with andy he is doing his best and it brilliant so we need to repect the guy and let him do his thing one step at a time

ESM
15-11-10, 23:08
I showed my appreciation by offering my chair, what else can i do ;) So, yes, you are right. Health is more important than most things. For everyone so also for the coder of ViX.

Hamram
08-12-10, 19:21
Is it possible to edit the XML, and get a shadow behind the subs..? You know, a see-through backing. Now the subs are displayed straight in the picture, to put it like that, and sometimes they are hard to read (White subs/Polar bears ;) ).

HeRmAN
07-02-11, 21:07
Is it possible to edit the XML, and get a shadow behind the subs..? You know, a see-through backing. Now the subs are displayed straight in the picture, to put it like that, and sometimes they are hard to read (White subs/Polar bears ;) ).

Yes, I think it is even though I just a novice in that area.
I have changed the color of the text and also changed the "shadowOffset" to get a bigger outline.

silverfox0786
07-02-11, 23:17
i'd suggest wait for new image you will like the saubtitles on it

HeRmAN
13-02-11, 20:49
Hi

I upgraded my Duo from 1.3 to 2.0 today, and It was worth waiting for.
Now it's easy to change the subtitle setting by anybody with the remote, very easy!

Change alignment, size, color, thickness of border. This is a very good upgrade so it was worth it just for the improvments regarding the subtitles.
Now I will explore ViX 2.0 further...

andyblac
16-02-11, 18:10
Hi

I upgraded my Duo from 1.3 to 2.0 today, and It was worth waiting for.
Now it's easy to change the subtitle setting by anybody with the remote, very easy!

Change alignment, size, color, thickness of border. This is a very good upgrade so it was worth it just for the improvments regarding the subtitles.
Now I will explore ViX 2.0 further...

thanks, but all those features come from the PLi base, so it all down to them, without there continued support on the PLi core or them letting us use the image we would not have them in ViX 2.0

so if you want, you could show your appreciation to them as well.

Andy

pege63
20-04-11, 12:21
I use VTI 2.5 and i have change the subtitle color in skin.xml with:
<subtitles>
<sub name="Subtitle_TTX" font="Subtitlefont;34" foregroundColor="white" borderColor="black" borderWidth="3" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="2,2" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Regular" font="Subtitlefont;34" foregroundColor="white" borderColor="black" borderWidth="3" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="2,2" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Bold" font="Subtitlefont;34" foregroundColor="white" borderColor="black" borderWidth="3" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="2,2" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Italic" font="Subtitlefont;34" foregroundColor="white" borderColor="black" borderWidth="3" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="2,2" />
</subtitles>

But nothing have change still pink subtitles, how kan i change color?