PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800SE] StartuptoStandby possible?

sebus
07-01-14, 02:33
As GB HD800SE does not have power switch, while the power to AV rack is switched, it boots & stays ON.
I used to use startuptostandby plugin which was putting it to standby.

I can not figure out which of the PowerTimer options would do the same (if any)

Auto Standby probably will, but it also does while the unit is on & being used (so not ideal)

Thanks

sebus

judge
07-01-14, 02:43
Auto Standby will if the unit hasn't been used (no button presses) in however long you set, no recordings due within a few minutes & so on.
You could set a reboot to standby timer for 3am or any other time you're sure the box won't be being used...

sebus
07-01-14, 09:33
Thanks, but that is not exactly the same. I have all my AV rack socket off at night, so no scheduler will ever work
If auto standby kicks in also when unit is purposely on but not used (ie unit on but not actively watched - in & out of the room), then to it will be rather annoying to come back & need to switch it on. Not to say that it would mess Harmony activities...

sebus
07-01-14, 14:23
Tried installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-startuptostandby_experimental-git20120501-r0_dm800se.ipk which in turn (how?) installed Buyukbang Panel Plugin v1.3.2 for Enigma2

This one does Startup to Standby fine (apart from LED not turning red, as per user settings - but display does show clock , as per same settings)
Also in "that" Standby mode OpenWebif shows now playing channel, while in manual Standby shows Nothing playing.

sebus