PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Timeshift not working

lee77
06-01-14, 16:35
Hi, I am currently on the latest build 808 and have recently found out that transcoding is not working with this build. Can someone please confirm if timeshift is working on this build also before I start trying to solve my problems with it. I have looked around but cant seem to find any info.
Thanks

duoduo
06-01-14, 17:08
Timeshift is working perfectly on 808, this is not related to any issues with transcoding. go to menu/setup/system/timeshift to set it up

Larry-G
06-01-14, 17:20
As above Timeshift is working just fine, Transcoding on the other hand is a driver issue that Vu+ are aware of and hopefully working to fix.

craig37
06-01-14, 17:25
I had a problem with Time shift . I've found that if the " use time shift seek bar while time shifting " is set to "yes" My time shift doesn't work at all. Switching back to no and everything is okay. Using vix 808

I Don't use transcoding

Larry-G
06-01-14, 17:28
I had a problem with Time shift . I've found that if the " use time shift seek bar while time shifting " is set to "yes" My time shift doesn't work at all. Switching back to no and everything is okay. Using vix 808

Don't use transcoding

Do you have a debug log from the times this has happened ?.

craig37
06-01-14, 17:30
I haven't phoenix, but I'll see if I can create the issue again and upload it :thumbsup:

Larry-G
06-01-14, 17:33
I haven't phoenix, but I'll see if I can create the issue again and upload it :thumbsup:

Much appreciated, if you do we can start to track down whats going on.

craig37
06-01-14, 19:58
Ok Phoenix, I initially couldn't get the issue to re appear, so I used back up manager and went back to 802 build, then used image manager to re download 808, Time shift worked, ran ADM and cross epg, Time shift still ok. Installed Media portal, updated from 5.04 to 5.06 restart engima, Still time shit worked.

Short story is I haven't been able to reproduce the issue, but have now enabled my debug logs and will make a point of using them in the future.

Maybe lee77 could save a log before making any changes ????

Larry-G
06-01-14, 20:11
Ok Phoenix, I initially couldn't get the issue to re appear, so I used back up manager and went back to 802 build, then used image manager to re download 808, Time shift worked, ran ADM and cross epg, Time shift still ok. Installed Media portal, updated from 5.04 to 5.06 restart engima, Still time shit worked.

Short story is I haven't been able to reproduce the issue, but have now enabled my debug logs and will make a point of using them in the future.

Maybe lee77 could save a log before making any changes ????

yeah thats often the case when tracking down bugs, can be a rite pain in the backside when you cant replicate previous findings lol, any hoo thanks for trying.

duoduo
06-01-14, 20:26
Time shit, hilarious Craig. Spelling terrible on here, rob will put you to shame.

Larry-G
06-01-14, 20:34
Time shit, hilarious Craig. Spelling terrible on here, rob will put you to shame.

You have seen nothing yet mate, there's a guy on another forum who i really want to strangle every time i see a post of his.

@xxxxxxx

I have just bn goin thru the skin...its nice as alwys but just hv few suggestions...

The new mute icon is gr8 but wud suggest u resize it as half its current size...luks huge on the tele..

Also as u can see in de pics attached...its background is not transparent in the menus...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

@xxxxxx

Thnx mate 4 ur guidance...I hv bn trying 2 play around wiv de skin...its fun... below is a preview of a bit of my editing...still learnin few thngs tho...

Still dnt knw hw 2 view the tv screen on my pc...I hv 2 tak a pic of de cool epg page with my fones camera :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It's like "yes i can see you'r online through tapatalk but spell check for god sake".

craig37
06-01-14, 20:52
Oops ..!:rolleyes: Maybe F7 spell checker should be introduced to help with the dyslexia ..?:D

Larry-G
06-01-14, 20:56
Oops ..!:rolleyes: Maybe F7 spell checker should be introduced to help with the dyslexia ..?:D

Lol that would certainly come in handy where i work.

duoduo
06-01-14, 21:02
You have seen nothing yet mate, there's a guy on another forum who i really want to strangle every time i see a post of his.

It's like "yes i can see you'r online through tapatalk but spell check for god sake".

Bright a big grin to my face that Phoenix

craig37
06-01-14, 21:23
Looks like my dyslexia is rubbing off on LG lol "Bright a big grin" ..? Unless he speak England like I did when I was a children?:p

Larry-G
06-01-14, 21:30
Looks like my dyslexia is rubbing off on LG lol "Bright a big grin" ..?

hahaha nice one.

duoduo
06-01-14, 23:23
I meant to do it Craig, honest. .pmsl..

craig37
06-01-14, 23:54
I meant to do it Craig, honest. .pmsl..

:roflmao::lol3:

lee77
04-02-14, 17:56
Ok finally got round to trying to sort this out. I cannot get timeshift working at all. I press pause on any channel and get nothing, just the circle icon in the top right corner.
Everyone tells me to go to timeshift settings and enable it there but I must be missing something (brain maybe). Below are my settings:

Timeshift location: /media/hdd/timeshift
automatically start timeshift after: disabled
show warning when timeshift is stopped: yes
timeshift save action on zap: ask user
stop timeshift while recording: no
use timeshift see bar while timeshifting: yes

I have tried to set (automatically start timeshift after: for 2 seconds) but I get the message "the directory is not ext2. ext3, ext4 or NFS partition, make sure you select a valid partion type"
My solo2 is wired to my server and all my movies etc work fine. When I set the solo2 up it created the timeshift folder itself on the server so I thought everything should of been ok.
I am completely lost here but im guessing timeshift dosnt like the timeshift folder on my server for some reason.
Any ideas anyone.
Thanks

Rob van der Does
04-02-14, 18:20
well, that's the answer then:

.....but I get the message "the directory is not ext2. ext3, ext4 or NFS partition, make sure you select a valid partion type"....

lee77
04-02-14, 19:17
Thought the server was already set up this way after it made the timeshift folder? :o
Any ideas how I can set this up to work on a synology server?

lee77
05-02-14, 10:27
Probably best I just install a small cheap HDD drive for timeshift. My server goes into hibernation mode anyway so wont be much use for timeshift really. Thnaks