PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to latest firmware, now box reboots.

witchy
04-01-14, 21:48
I recently upgraded to the latest patched firmware but now my Mini has started rebooting every time I try to view an encrypted channel.

I did a Factory Reset before and after the update, then did a blind-scan to get my channels.

FTA channels are fine but as soon as I select a Pay channel, the machine reboots.

I have enabled CCcam and entered my details correctly.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

samieta
07-02-14, 16:50
I have the same problem

Comfysofa
13-03-14, 20:53
Me too - in fact its never worked properly ever.....last firmware 1.21 it would freeze every minute or so. This firmware update renders it completely useless instead of mostly useless.

pcdee
08-05-14, 15:28
well this sounds promising I just bought one :mad:

edogg
10-05-14, 09:00
I recently upgraded to the latest patched firmware but now my Mini has started rebooting every time I try to view an encrypted channel.

I did a Factory Reset before and after the update, then did a blind-scan to get my channels.

FTA channels are fine but as soon as I select a Pay channel, the machine reboots.

I have enabled CCcam and entered my details correctly.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Mine has died completely after doing this upgrade I have tried the recovery software and I keep getting "memory error" I have contacted the forum sponsor whom I purchased it from and he says it will probably be unrecoverable but he will try for £10 and if successful it will cost £15 . I purchased it last year to use for holidays but have never got to use it for various health reasons and last month dug it out of the cupboard and updated it for this year and now it is f@@ked

witchy
26-05-14, 22:00
Did you manage to get it fixed edogg?

julius52
29-05-14, 08:39
nepišeš typ boxa a jaky firmware?

Rob van der Does
29-05-14, 18:20
nepišeš typ boxa a jaky firmware?
Meaning 'You did not tell box-type, and what firmware?'
Please in English here.

edogg
11-06-14, 08:58
Did you manage to get it fixed edogg?

No witchy I decided after several emails to the forum sponsor that is was probably not worth the postage to get a negative answer ie the box was unrecoverable I wonder if replacing the chip would work as I keep getting [SET stb memory error press back to try again] every time i have tried the recovery software

witchy
21-12-14, 16:56
I decided to dig this wee box out the cupboard and have a play with it, I flashed the latest firmware, enabled the Cam and Bingo it's all working again! :D

cactikid
21-12-14, 16:58
how come the wonders of a good spell hocus pocus:thumbsup: