PDA

View Full Version : gigablue quad restarts but no crash report.

stuffyouguys
04-01-14, 21:18
hi,
had the quad for two days and must say i love the speed of the thing but...
last night the box turned itself off and restarted about four or five times but created no crash report. each restart was about 10 minutes apart.
i have been running the box all day today without this happening.
i have sat down to watch tv tonight and the box has just restarted twice approx 10 minutes apart.....once at 1950 hours and the other at 2000 hours.

has anybody else had this happen to them and know what might be happening. it can be an over heating issue as the box has been on all day with no issues.

im on build 808. kernel 3.3.8 drivers 2013-11-15

thanks
Rob

Mr. Mister
04-01-14, 21:27
Are you sure that you have not added any power timers by accident to make the box reboot.. ?

Menu > Timers > Power Timers..

If you have timers in there.. Just delete them..

skippie
05-01-14, 00:06
there's another thread about this where I explained that it might be a tuner(s) problem with the latest quads.

I have exactly the same problem but Gigablue is not recognising the problem (yet).

sent from ONDA V972

dwarf
05-01-14, 09:45
My friend got a quad on xmas eve and its doing the same thing. We contacted the supplier and he said that he supplied 4 boxes that week and 3 out of the 4 were exhibiting the same fault.

The only way we could get the box to run stable was to disable tuners A and B and run tuners C and D. The box is going back to the supplier tomorrow hopefully for a replacement that isn't part of this faulty batch.

stuffyouguys
05-01-14, 23:07
just happened another three times tonight about 10 minutes apart.:mad:

Sicilian
05-01-14, 23:12
Moved to the correct section.

Have you installed a HDD? If so did you intialise correctly? Have you checked its mounted to /media/hdd? Blue button > ViX > Mount manager?

Have you checked your satellite feeds for shorts?

Have you tried a fresh re-flash with no backup restore?

Do you have extra tuners in slots? If so have you tried powering off and reseating tuners?

stuffyouguys
07-01-14, 11:46
thanks for the reply...how do you check the feeds for shorts? i used to have a technomate tm-2t connected to the same feeds with no problems.
ive also sent an email to the supplier who has suggested the same less the reseating of the dvb-t tuners +
"DO NOT INSTALL ANY SOFTCAMS OR 3RD PARTY PLUGINS/SKINS AT THIS STAGE. ONLY
> TEST WITH FREE TO AIR CHANNELS SUCH AS BBC ONE HD/ITV HD.
Please test exactly how we are saying for at least 24 hours."

i'm currently in the middle of the 24hr test. will update later....but if the problem is with the softcam then the box is not fit for my purpose. just out of interest which version of enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam should i use with the gigablue?
cheers.

Sicilian
07-01-14, 11:59
The Quad does not have issues with softcams, test as you've been advised then get back to your supplier for further instructions.

You've been asked to test with a Virgin ViX Build for a reason, it could something you are doing in your setup.

Softcams here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/

Softcam guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9735-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-ViX-image-GiGablue-Technomate-Venton-VU

stuffyouguys
07-01-14, 12:46
what is the best softcam to use with the gigablue?...as there are many

judge
07-01-14, 12:50
what is the best softcam to use with the gigablue?...as there are many

I've used Cccam 2.3.0 & various versions of Oscam on mine, all without issue.

Mr. Mister
07-01-14, 13:11
I use MGcamd on all boxes.. No issues at all ..

skippie
07-01-14, 13:43
it has nothing to do with Softcams or whatever plugin/software.
There is a bad batch of quads on the market with faulty tuners as the reboots happen when a timer has started.

I sent my quad back too.

sent from ONDA V972

BubbleBalls
07-01-14, 14:12
There is a bad batch of quads on the market with faulty tuners as the reboots happen when a timer has started.

I sent my quad back too.

sent from ONDA V972

Have you gotten a working replacement? Do you know if that batch is identifiable?

Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)er

dermies
07-01-14, 14:32

I sent my quad back too.

Returning my Quad today for a new one as well - keeps crashing during timer recordings.

Where is the information on the potential bad batch?

judge
07-01-14, 14:36
keeps crashing during timer recordings.

crash = crash logs. Have you one someone can take a look at?

skippie
07-01-14, 14:42
getting a new one tomorrow
serial number : YAD1309000882

sent from ONDA V972

dermies
07-01-14, 16:35
crash = crash logs. Have you one someone can take a look at?

Logs attached. After crashes on openVix 3 build 808, I re-installed openMips 2.1 as I didn't have a wired connection and wifi drivers aren't included on Vix image.

Crashes still happened during recordings on openMips.

dermies
07-01-14, 16:38
Just to add, when trying to reinstall openMips, internal built-in tuners came up as dvb-C's instead of dvb-ts. See photo attached.

Fixed this by reflashing again.

Box also can't hold wifi network connection and 2 minutes ago, froze during reboot.

stuffyouguys
07-01-14, 18:02
do you know the serial number to your last box? and who is your supplier?
i got mine off the this sites sponsor who has told me that they have not heard of a faulty batch and i'm the first to report this problem to them.
currently testing mine on vix image 808 with nothing added so will be watching free view tonight :( but if it gets to the bottom of the problem then it will be worth it. i've had the day off work today so have been watching tv + recording for most of the day without any problems but then the box has only been turning itself off after 8pm ish. therefore like others have suggested might have something to do with the autotimers as i record the soaps for the wife and they start around then. i will wait to see what happens and report back sometime tomorrow.
btw MY SERIAL NUMBER = YAD1309000929. close to yours Skippie...let us know how you get on with your new box when it arrives.

dermies
07-01-14, 18:19
Just to add, when trying to reinstall openMips, internal built-in tuners came up as dvb-C's instead of dvb-ts.

Sorry posted in haste, internal tuners should read "instead of dvb-S's"

stuffyouguys
07-01-14, 19:40
ok it just turned itself off again. it's just restarted and the LCD on the front has a thick white line in the middle. all channels lost. no terrestrial services or satellite so will need to re-tune.:mad:

stuffyouguys
07-01-14, 19:46
31664here's the log's...can anybody see what the problem might be.31663

skippie
07-01-14, 21:11
i got mine off the this sites sponsor who has told me that they have not heard of a faulty batch and i'm the first to report this problem to them.
currently testing mine on vix image 808 with nothing added so will be watching free view tonight :( but if it gets to the bottom of the problem then it will be worth it. i've had the day off work today so have been watching tv + recording for most of the day without any problems but then the box has only been turning itself off after 8pm ish. therefore like others have suggested might have something to do with the autotimers as i record the soaps for the wife and they start around then. i will wait to see what happens and report back sometime tomorrow.
btw MY SERIAL NUMBER = YAD1309000929. close to yours Skippie...let us know how you get on with your new box when it arrives.

that prooves that there is a bad batch.

sent from ONDA V972

BubbleBalls
07-01-14, 23:44
On the verge of buying one for my Bro (based on my user experience, which has been brilliant) but a little reluctant now, which is why I asked for any tells on batches etc, thanks - might be a pattern!!

May or May not be good to know the non working boxes vs the working ones?

Tapatālker

allanapp
08-01-14, 14:34
My Quad is number YAD1212000494 which I bought from the sponsor in October.

Had all sorts of issues with it hanging, rebooting itself, failing to record and then finally just a red LED on and a blank front panel and wouldn't move on past that stage.

Sent it back directly to Gigablue in Germany, as I live in the Azores, and they fitted a new motherboard.

Been fine since then although it sometimes hangs and the only way to get it to do anything is to switch off at the rear rocker switch and then re-boot. I have been told this may be caused by Cccam 2.3.0 and to try Oscam instead which I may do at some stage. Would be good for an updated Cccam though!

judge
08-01-14, 14:42
I've had Cccam 2.3.0 running on my GB Quad for months without issue.

allanapp
08-01-14, 14:45
OK thanks for that judge. It's just that Andyblac suggested there had been issues found by some of the team and to try Oscam instead

Mr. Mister
08-01-14, 14:48
Been fine since then although it sometimes hangs and the only way to get it to do anything is to switch off at the rear rocker switch and then re-boot.

I have this problem also with one of my Quads.. Box does not freeze.. Just becomes un-responsive to the remote.. Box still working with all tv pictures.. For some reason it does not like being booted from cold.. If my quad is booted from cold.. As soon as its finished booting.. I always reboot via remote.. and never have any more trouble with it..

Try this.. and let us know how you get on..

allanapp
08-01-14, 14:55
Thanks Mr Mister I'll try that this evening and let you know either way. Cheers A

aScottishBloke
08-01-14, 15:58
I have this problem also with one of my Quads.. Box does not freeze.. Just becomes un-responsive to the remote.. Box still working with all tv pictures.. For some reason it does not like being booted from cold.. If my quad is booted from cold.. As soon as its finished booting.. I always reboot via remote.. and never have any more trouble with it..

Try this.. and let us know how you get on..

have actually had this myself mate, box runs fine but control dose not untill i turn it off at the back then back on. had it happen a few times now

Mr. Mister
08-01-14, 16:07
If im booting from cold.. I allow the box to full boot.. Then do a reboot after that.. and all runs smooth for weeks..

aScottishBloke
08-01-14, 16:18
will give that a try bud

skippie
09-01-14, 20:33

received a new quad today.
I saw straight away that the serial number is from the same batch (YAD1309000731).
Result : rebooting also when timer is on. :(

The seller is aware of the faulty tuners now as another client sent him back a quad with the same problems.

I'm gonna send back the 2 faulty quads.

sent from ONDA V972

BubbleBalls
09-01-14, 20:37
What an absolute pain in the arse. Must be really, really annoying. Are you going to chance another one?

Tapatālker

skippie
09-01-14, 21:23
the seller is proposing to put 2 new tuners in

sent from ONDA V972

BubbleBalls
09-01-14, 22:10
the seller is proposing to put 2 new tuners in

sent from ONDA V972

OK, please let us know how you get on?

Tapatālker

stuffyouguys
09-01-14, 22:42
hi,
just to give everyone an update. following my last crash the supplier asked for the box back...posted it today. hopefully ill get a working box back.

Mr. Mister
09-01-14, 23:07
A buddy if mine arrived here today with his new Quad.. Serial : YAD1309000791

I asked him could i borrow his new Quad and i would give him one of mine.. To see if i could replicate your problems.. But obviously.. Thats now not gonna happen..

2nd last digit in the serial is different to yours..

This new one must be from a newer batch than you guys..

Sorry i cant help lads..

BubbleBalls
10-01-14, 00:51
A buddy if mine arrived here today with his new Quad.. Serial : YAD1309000791

I asked him could i borrow his new Quad and i would give him one of mine.. To see if i could replicate your problems.. But obviously.. Thats now not gonna happen..

2nd last digit in the serial is different to yours..

This new one must be from a newer batch than you guys..

Sorry i cant help lads..

Well it may help already. If GB produce and label the boxes sequentially then your mates box was the 60th manufactured box after Skippie's one.
I think the serials are sequential because Gigablue gave the free GBLAN adapters to the first 1000 purchased, which was based on the serial numbers.

If your mate's box is OK on timer recordings, then if I am buying another, I would be requesting that the number be higher YAD1309000791

Tapatālker

Mr. Mister
10-01-14, 00:54
I done a recording on it earlier today.. And all was fine..

But ill set another couple tonight to record for the sake of it.. and we see how that goes in the morning..

ill post here for you and let you know..

Mr. Mister
10-01-14, 10:58
3 recording done last night.. And all fine.. with no issues..

I hope this is helpful to the you guys..

skippie
10-01-14, 11:15
strange, I tried everything, other images, with and without cccam, recording right after a clean install with no plugins installed.

Once a timer starts, it reboots and keeps rebooting as long as the recording lasts.

sent from Pipo M9 pro

stuffyouguys
10-01-14, 21:01
Well it may help already. If GB produce and label the boxes sequentially then your mates box was the 60th manufactured box after Skippie's one.
I think the serials are sequential because Gigablue gave the free GBLAN adapters to the first 1000 purchased, which was based on the serial numbers.

If your mate's box is OK on timer recordings, then if I am buying another, I would be requesting that the number be higher YAD1309000791

Tapatālker

I would go higher than that as my serial number was YAD1309000929 and I've just sent it back because it kept restarting.

BubbleBalls
11-01-14, 12:21
I would go higher than that as my serial number was YAD1309000929 and I've just sent it back because it kept restarting.

That makes things worse so! Problem may not be a batch.

Tapatālker

stuffyouguys
24-01-14, 17:31
[QUOTE=BubbleBalls;262375]That makes things worse so! Problem may not be a batch.

got a refund in the end.
I've just got another quad from a different source which has a serial YAD12100001418. i have the same setup as the last box but have not yet had one crash...might be a batch problem!!

BubbleBalls
24-01-14, 22:25
I've just got another quad from a different source which has a serial YAD12100001418. i have the same setup as the last box but have not yet had one crash...might be a batch problem!!

I was looking at buying from Germany. Supplier there has told me nobody has returned a Quad to them, they've not heard of the problem. Where you buy the replacement from? It is a more recent number then previous ones.

Tapatālker

veskop
25-01-14, 00:05
I was looking at buying from Germany. Supplier there has told me nobody has returned a Quad to them, they've not heard of the problem. Where you buy the replacement from? It is a more recent number then previous ones.

Tapatālker
mine is from Germany,and reboot itself sometimes...batch is yad1309000971

BubbleBalls
25-01-14, 00:19
mine is from Germany,and reboot itself sometimes...batch is yad1309000971

stiffyouguys, your yad starts with 121, all other yads here start with 131. My own (good) one starts with 120.

Tapatālker

skippie
25-01-14, 00:27
yep Veskop you have one from a bad batch, sent 2 back to try from my supplier, both from the 1309-batch and both rebooting after timer start.

judge
25-01-14, 00:34
rebooting after timer start.

Can often indicate a full flash, have ye checked that before returning the boxes?

veskop
25-01-14, 00:39
yep Veskop you have one from a bad batch, sent 2 back to try from my supplier, both from the 1309-batch and both rebooting after timer start.

mine is rebooting while I watch TV,without timer or something else....

skippie
25-01-14, 00:39
yes, nothing wrong with flash mem, i checked and it was the normal amount of memory in the information tab, recording was set to HD btw.
I must say also that there was another problem with the first box i received : the remote often didn't respond well, then suddenly it was ok again, then again not, and so on, so i guess there was a memory problem with that one. (just a guess).

The next 2 boxes were from the bad batch 1309 (rebooting problem)

skippie
25-01-14, 00:40
even worse :(

martin20009
30-01-14, 00:45
Hello All,

I am having the same issue. My quad starting randomly rebooting, it was running vix 3.0.808 so I reflashed it again. No it wont bot boot past the spash screen.

I have tried various images and different usb sticks. I have formatted each one using hp format utility. I had reflashed the boot loader but nothing has worked.

I have not had any trouble with my other quad just this one. I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

skippie
30-01-14, 01:16
i had the same problem with the 4th quad of the 4 bad ones, after flashing it didn't reboot anymore.
As i know there are 2 different bad batches now :

1. Rebooting problem with or without timer switched on.
2. No more booting up after flashing.

As for my problem (my parents in-law's quad), after the 4th bad quad, we agreed that the seller sent his quad he had running for 2 months without problems.
So this quad is in use by my parents in-law atm and running ok it seems.

martin20009, there's only 1 option for you i'm afraid and that is sending back the faulty quad to your seller and ask for a new one or a refund.
Look at the serial number and ask your seller not to send another one from the same batch (first 4 numbers)
the first 4 numbers of the bad batch are : 1309

veskop
30-01-14, 10:57
3 days allready with OpenATV 4.0 and no reboots till now....

sanderson82
30-01-14, 11:45
I got a quad from the sponsor just before Christmas, running ViX 308. Haven't experienced any of these issues. I'll post my serial number when I get home.

Only difference for me maybe is that I'm only running a single feed to it at the moment, however I've had no issues with timers etc

I've also used CCCam 2.3.0, MGcamd and oscam again with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marty
30-01-14, 12:03
How warm is it? sat on an amp or anything?

sanderson82
30-01-14, 20:49
Got home, checked my serial number...

YAD1309000932

As I said above I haven't experienced any of these issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skippie
30-01-14, 22:11
i had 3 boxes starting with YAD1309 and all 3 were faulty

martin20009
31-01-14, 18:33
I have followed skippies advice, My serial no is YAD1309, and I contacted WOS my seller,

Their response was "This serial number issue that is being reported is nonsense. We've spoken to Gigablue and they've advised us that there is no such issue."

Please re flash the box. I have tried it 6 times again with various images. They are going to send it to Germany for repair which considering its 30 days old is poor.

Thanks Skippie for your advice.

skippie
31-01-14, 18:52
YW

It's a bad service of Gigablue in Germany that they don't recognise there is a fault, more and more ppl are reporting problems with that batch (1309). Really bad.
I'm very disappointed in Gigablue after service.

marty
31-01-14, 18:58
Have you told them on the GB support forum?

skippie
31-01-14, 19:11
no, i actually didn't.
Would it make any difference you think ?

Just tried to register but they don't accept my gmail-account.
Not valid, lol. Have they never heard of gmail in germany.

mazo
08-02-14, 12:09
Hi there.

I recently (January) bought a GIGABLUE HD QUAD receiver, which is running the OpenVIX image (it came with OpenMIPS, but I installed OpenVIX). I bought it with one DVB-T tunner already installed on one of the add-on tuner slots, so I have 2xDVB-S tuners and 1xDVB-T tuner. I am simply using it for watching TV and browsing some network files stored on other PCs at home - so nothing strange, no particular plugins installed and no CPU overload (I guess). And everything seems to work fine, but for one detail: from time to time, with no apparent reason and no matter what it was doing, the thing just hangs: my screen goes black, the receiver switches off, the front LCD no longer lights (only one tiny blue LED remains still) and I am not able to bring it back to life from my remote (it just ignores all the keys). If I unplug / re-plug it, everything stays the same (however I would say the tiny LED is now red). I have to leave it unplugged for about 15 seconds and then re-plug it to make it boot normally and start responding to my remote. Accessing the receiver via telnet, I am not able to find any references to this in the crash logs. And as you can suppose, this is really annoying, however it only happens from time to time.

After having found this forum and read your comments, I was wondering what the S/N of my receiver may be... Well, it is YAD1309000664. It seems to belong to the same deffective? batch already mentioned.

What can I do? Should I send it to Gigablue/Germany? Will they really solve this problem? Or may I expect that although they change my motherboard or whatever (so I will loose all my configuration and in fact will not be able to watch TV until I receive my Gigablue back) the problem will still be there?

Thank you very much!

skippie
08-02-14, 12:54
Best thing to do is to contact the seller and tell him about the bad batch with that serial number (yad1309) and tell him other ppl have the same problem.

sent from Pipo M9 Pro

madaboutlotus
10-02-14, 15:13
I have the exact same issue and the seller has contacted GB and apparently they have one doing the same thing! Defo must be a rouge batch. Waiting for the seller to advise the next course of action.

marty
10-02-14, 16:36
no, i actually didn't.

No :p but there's a 1st time for everything :D
Try making a hotmail account?

madaboutlotus
10-02-14, 17:24
no, i actually didn't.

I have logged a PM to one of the testers on GB Support Forum.

madaboutlotus
11-02-14, 13:40
Hi Guys

An update from my supplier:

Gigablue reckons its a driver issue and asked you to load the OPENMIPS image http://image.openmips.com/2.0/gbquad/openmips-2.1-gbquad-20140210_usb.zip as they believe the VIX image does not have the drivers needed.

Regards

I have told him that my other Quad is running the latest Vix image without any issues. Having said that I had better check it is version 808.

skippie
11-02-14, 13:44
lol, silly answer, as i have my quad running perfectly with Vix, never had problems of that kind.
They're talking rubbish. They won't admit, still, that it is a hardware problem.

Dreadful support.

madaboutlotus
11-02-14, 13:54
Totally agree, I have told them to revert back and get a sensible answer out of them. In the meantime I have a Quad that I can't use. Also I have not had a reply from the Gigablue Forum either.

:mad:

madaboutlotus
11-02-14, 14:49
Next update:

They have asked you to try the OPENMIPS please as this will confirm if it a driver issue as the box you have might have a different chipset than the latest one, also can you check the driver information in the Quad that works against the Quad that does not with the VIX and the dates, as the latest VIX might not have updated drivers

Where can I check the drivers my working box is running with?

marty
11-02-14, 14:55
Sounds like BS to me,you have had the Quad longer than the latest drivers :p so the older drivers MUST have worked ;)

Try their latest drivers, easy to put into VIX. (BTW it will still display the older drivers in info)

http://archiv.openmips.com/gigablue-quad-drivers-3.3.8-2.0-20140120.zip

madaboutlotus
11-02-14, 15:01
So they are drivers for the openmips image not the Quad?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

marty
11-02-14, 15:03
Drivers are the same regardless of image.
Drivers are for HARDWARE ;)

madaboutlotus
11-02-14, 15:11
Excuse my ignorance :O thanks Marty

dermies
11-02-14, 15:42
Hi, I've copied the latest Mips drivers onto my replacement new Gigablue Quad (YAD1309) running Vix 808 after it crashed while trying to record two channels.

Most of the time, it is fine but still the odd zero length recording or crash. Crash Logs attached if they shed any light for the cognoscenti.

marty
11-02-14, 15:46
Set your "beore and after" to at least 3 mins in record settings.

madaboutlotus
11-02-14, 15:46
So it would indicate that it is not a driver issue

marty
11-02-14, 15:57
Read this thread ;)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27318-Blank-recordings

BubbleBalls
11-02-14, 15:59
Have you tried driver from early Nov 2013. This fixed some 0 length recordings some users were getting ( even with that 3min buffer) Nov drivers make any diffs on the 1309s?

Tapatālker

Larry-G
11-02-14, 17:16
lol, silly answer, as i have my quad running perfectly with Vix, never had problems of that kind.
They're talking rubbish. They won't admit, still, that it is a hardware problem.

Dreadful support.

I usually dont like speaking out against manufacturers, but its easier for them to blame the image makers than to man up and admit there is a problem on their end.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

madaboutlotus
11-02-14, 17:22
Phoenix, it does seem that way when you just get some fob off suggestions and no replies to direct questions on their Forum. Well can't really call it much of a forum if nobody answers :confused:

madaboutlotus
11-02-14, 23:01
Have you tried driver from early Nov 2013. This fixed some 0 length recordings some users were getting ( even with that 3min buffer) Nov drivers make any diffs on the 1309s?

Tapatālker

I have now tried the latest drivers (gigablue-quad-drivers-3.3.8-2.0-20140120) and the set from Nov (gigablue-quad-drivers-3.3.8-2.0-20131105) and neither have fixed the problem with the Quad just shutting down.

I will now have to try the supplier's instruction and install the Openmips image and see what the results are. This is going against the grain as I have the Vix image on my other Quad with no issue, so I'm hoping I can prove the problems is a hardware fault and get a replacement box.

Will update

skippie
12-02-14, 00:27
i tried this before, installed 4 different images and all 4 with crashes after timer start, so it is NOT the software but the HARDware.
Bloody germans.

madaboutlotus
12-02-14, 00:30
i tried this before, installed 4 different images and all 4 with crashes after timer start, so it is NOT the software but the HARDware.
Bloody germans.

Well the supplier has thrown the towel in and the box is being returned for a refund. No replacement is offered as he states that no more of this type is being made as the Quad Plus is coming out in March. So maybe have to go with a Solo2 instead.

marty
12-02-14, 08:52
Save your pennys and put towards a DUO² :thumbsup:

madaboutlotus
12-02-14, 09:20
Save your pennys and put towards a DUO² :thumbsup:

Hi Marty
The Duo2 is more box than I need, the Solo2 would fit my use.

By the way for information for this thread, my box s/n is/was: YAD1309001404

marty
12-02-14, 10:33
my box s/n is/was: YAD1309001404

Mine was YAD1208000251, no issues really apart from the fact it never did what I paid for :p

madaboutlotus
12-02-14, 10:34
Mine was YAD1208000251, no issues really apart from the fact it never did what I paid for :p
Hey Marty, in what way?

marty
12-02-14, 10:59
Hey Marty, in what way?

GBLAN? nope
TRANSCODING? nope
DTS-HD? nope
SUPPORT? nope
Changing kernel every two mins? yep
New drivers more frequent than the image? yep

Main problem is with GB themselves and not the QUAD. (This is MY opinion and NOT the opinion of WOS or VIX)
They should NOT have said it would have GBLAN, transcoding etc etc if it doesn't, in reality it lacks the hardware to do so.
To this day they still advertise the Quad as having GBLAN :p

http://www.gigablue.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75&Itemid=37&lang=en

BubbleBalls
14-02-14, 13:21
Got a second Quad on Tues night. First thing I checked was YAD - and it's 1309, shite. Went ahead and set it up any way but replicated exactly my original - 2XS2 and 1XT. I flashed with a back up image from current Quad, tweaked some display/network settings, moved timers and ATs from Duo into it, then set up batches of multiple timers (minimum 4, usually 5) to start exactly together or within 10 mins. I have now run about 12 batches of these and all are ok. My defaults use buffer at start and end of each timer. As the image was copied I have the Nov drivers installed.

So, did your problem 1309s start off like this and then fail? Are you using all 4 tuners? I will connect another S2 this weekend to be sure, if wind allows me to fit an octo.

Obviously delighted it's working as it should, but this thread has me nervous.

Tapatālker

Wizard55
16-02-14, 19:36
Hi ,

Have a Gigablue Quad. Serial Number YAD121. Did a flesh flash a week ago. I have issues when a timer is started while watching something the box hangs, or displays the vix screen. FTA channels hang sometimes Box is unresponsive on remote sometimes and have to power off. I have contacted my reseller WOS for more information. Box is 9 months old and no issues until a few weeks ago...

Wizard55
18-02-14, 19:32
Any update on above on my post above or will I create a new thread

marty
18-02-14, 19:33
Any update on above on my post above or will I create a new thread

Best make a fresh thread M8 :thumbsup:

nsw9154
20-02-14, 00:26
Hello i have been reading this thread with a heavy heart as i have just about 3 hours ago ordered one of said boxes from Finland instead of the VU+Duo :eek: because the price was right and i thought that it was a reliable box - it probably might be just a faulty batch but i will be checking the serial number and Hoping that it dose not start with 1309
i am just moving to a Linux based box from a Blade 7000 Combo that i have had for about 3 and a half years with very few problems and it has done virtually every thing that i need apart from record on 2 channels at once or let me watch a program while recording another,that is what swayed me to the Gigablue Quad as the option of another 2 tuners for very little extra money
at the moment i am using an old sly dish set to 28.2 but i have a Gibertini 85cm/Dark motor supreme/Inverto black ultra and T&K brackets ready to fit (for the last 12 month) :o but never got round to fitting it probably just as well as i will be neading a Quad inverto black and some shotgun cable lol
looking forward to getting to know the site and hoping that my choice in Receivers was the right one

BubbleBalls
20-02-14, 00:48
I bought from Finland two weeks ago and received a 1309002417 - so far no issues. So don't panic if you see YAD1309. The bad batch was sometime after 250 and up to 1404. All YADS reported here are between those numbers, I think.

Hello i have been reading this thread with a heavy heart as i have just about 3 hours ago ordered one of said boxes from Finland instead of the VU+Duo :eek: because the price was right and i thought that it was a reliable box - it probably might be just a faulty batch but i will be checking the serial number and Hoping that it dose not start with 1309
i am just moving to a Linux based box from a Blade 7000 Combo that i have had for about 3 and a half years with very few problems and it has done virtually every thing that i need apart from record on 2 channels at once or let me watch a program while recording another,that is what swayed me to the Gigablue Quad as the option of another 2 tuners for very little extra money
at the moment i am using an old sly dish set to 28.2 but i have a Gibertini 85cm/Dark motor supreme/Inverto black ultra and T&K brackets ready to fit (for the last 12 month) :o but never got round to fitting it probably just as well as i will be neading a Quad inverto black and some shotgun cable lol
looking forward to getting to know the site and hoping that my choice in Receivers was the right one

nsw9154
20-02-14, 01:23
Cheers mate you have made a very worried man Happy again i am really looking forward to getting to grips with this box as i think that it will do every thing and more that i want

guff daddy
20-02-14, 08:57
I switched from a Vu+ Duo to a GB Quad- I haven't regretted it.

nsw9154
20-02-14, 14:12

Glad to here that mate i will wait with bated breath, i should hopefully receive it next week so i am expecting some late nights checking it out :)

marty
20-02-14, 14:15

Did the same too when the Quad 1st came out :D massive difference but now I've gone the other way and gone Quad to DUO² :cool:

rossi2000
20-02-14, 14:37
snob :)

marty
20-02-14, 14:39
snob :)

Na only joking, I'm using a DM800clone with openmips on it (with a TM tuner inside) :p

rossi2000
20-02-14, 15:03
thats more like it lol

nsw9154
22-02-14, 15:56
I bought from Finland two weeks ago and received a 1309002417 - so far no issues. So don't panic if you see YAD1309. The bad batch was sometime after 250 and up to 1404. All YADS reported here are between those numbers, I think.

Hello BubbleBalls just wondering how long it took for you to receive your box from Finland,probably from the same supplier as me
i ordered mine on the 19th but have not received an email yet saying that it has been dispatched even though it is invoiced and gone through paypal
though paypal have not taken the funds out of my account yet but says transaction completed
so could they have ran out of boxes and not taken payment till they get a new batch in, in witch case i would think they would send me a email to let me know

regards norm

BubbleBalls
22-02-14, 22:16
Hi,
Bought from *******.fi and also paid through paypal. Payment was instant followed by an email confirming order was received. Another email the following day stating order had despatched and tracking number included. I think the box arrived 5 days after order placement, mayb 6 - earlier than I expected as I ordered a HDD from MemoryC which barely arrived before the Quad.

If you ordered from SS.fi email them - I mailed several times before ordering asking for info on any returned Quads - they said they had none - but were quick enough to respond.

Tapatālker

nsw9154
23-02-14, 02:07
yes i ordered from SS.fi also and sent them a email this morning asking about said box but up till now no reply :( that's why i think that they have ran out of boxes and waiting for a new batch - scratches Beard i think that some one with a YAD1309 got told that they had no Quads left as they are now all Quad+'s :rolleyes: but i do not think that they will send me one of them in replace :p

regards norm

judge
23-02-14, 02:17
sent them a email this morning asking about said box but up till now no reply :(

Why are you buying from Finland, if something goes wrong with it any time soon, surely the postage costs & waiting time kill any perceived $$$ in savings.
Fair enough if you're living in Hartlepool, Finland...

nsw9154
23-02-14, 03:04
i wanted to buy one from WOS but they where out of stock :rolleyes: and only had the HD800SE+ or UE+ boxes probably because of the QUAD+ coming out and short supply of Original Quad box but i did not know that at the time with having a BLADE 7000 COMBO for the last 3 and a half years and not knowing any thing about Linux boxes
so i searched and found a box from FINLAND at a good price instead of Germany as the postage was £18 compared to £28 - i do not normally buy anything from overseas
and to be HONEST i do not think that i will ever do again as it is the 1st time that i have Bought anything outside GB well you live and learn :(

BubbleBalls
23-02-14, 09:17
I've had good experience when I buy outside Ireland. I have bought from WOS, Germany and Finland for Sat gear, and further afield for other electronic goods. Even if I had to return it to Finland I still have a tidy sum in my pocket. Granted it would take longer to get it back but I can live with that.

Tapatālker

nsw9154
26-02-14, 14:24
well here is a Update on my Gigablue Quad, they sent me a email on Monday telling me that the boxes where out of stock and they do not know when they will get a new batch in as the supplier could not confirm a redelivery date :eek: so i asked if they had any VU+Solo 2's in stock and they had 2 so i canceled my original order and ordered the solo 2
they said that they will dispatch the box and send a tracking number as soon as the extra payment of 58 euros was received so i payed through paypal and sent a copy of the transaction to them as proof - so i waited and i waited and waited for the email
and i finally received a email yesterday saying that it was not their paypal account that i had sent the payment to :eek::confused::smash:
so i checked my paypal account and it said not claimed so i cancelled it and finally managed to send it to the correct account :o
today i received a invoice and a Tracking code for my NEW VU+Solo2 :smiley_yup: result why oh why did i not go down this road in the 1st place :D

regards norm

northernmonkey
04-03-14, 22:04
It looks like I'm affected by this issue too. My serial no is YAD1309001666.

Box is randomly rebooting, when it does work has the spinning 'vix' logo on screen a lot of the time too.

I've had builds 808 fresh flashed at least 5 times, openmips twice, and I'm now on build 806. It's always the same!

Balls.

BubbleBalls
05-03-14, 02:05
how long have you had the Quad before the issues started?
It looks like I'm affected by this issue too. My serial no is YAD1309001666.

Box is randomly rebooting, when it does work has the spinning 'vix' logo on screen a lot of the time too.

I've had builds 808 fresh flashed at least 5 times, openmips twice, and I'm now on build 806. It's always the same!

Balls.

Tapatālker

northernmonkey
05-03-14, 07:57
The box is 8 weeks old. It's been messing about the last 2 days.

BubbleBalls
05-03-14, 08:22
My 1309 is a month old and still not missed a beat. Was always afraid it could start perfectly, then develop the faults described here. On the plus side - if the fault develops soon after purchase there will be no issues returning it - so if it is faulty a refund is no issue. Fingers crossed.

Tapatālker

short360uk
05-03-14, 08:39
So there is still time for this to happen to again. You seem to have a different problem to mine tho, mine would work great with no problems at all only when I started recording it would shut down as if the rocker switch quickly flicked switch off and on. No problems with spinning vix or not loading

northernmonkey
06-03-14, 12:50
Just a quick update to this; I returned the unit to Stef (forum sponsor) and he struggled to get even a HDMI output from the box. He's replace ld the motherboard and it'll be back tomorrow.

Hopefully that'll sort all the issues!

I have to say, it's a much faster turnaround than I expected so thumbs up to Stef!