PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Error when trying to save timeshift as recording

avi68
04-01-14, 19:11
Hi everyone,

I was basically watching a channel from the beginning and about 5 minutes into it I wanted to record the program from the beginning, so basically the timeshift (5 mins) + the remaining of the program. I pushed the record button, and selected timeshift save recording (stop after current event). A message arrived to confirm this is taking place, however when I change the channel to watch something else I get an error message:

timeshift save failed! [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/hdd/timeshift/pts_livebuffer_1.meta' local variable 'fullname' referenced before assignment

Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance !

garyblas
04-01-14, 19:36
Stop after current event time shift will record at end of programme. If you change channel I think it tries to save recording to that point. The fact that it did not save indicates problem with your save location. I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

avi68
04-01-14, 19:50
Hmmm.... But the save location is hdd/timeshift under the timeshift settings. Is there a solution to this problem? Do you get the message on your box?

garyblas
04-01-14, 20:08
No don't get message it saves no problem

avi68
04-01-14, 20:13
What are your timeshift settings? Because mine are all default.

garyblas
04-01-14, 21:29
As image attached31566

micscave
04-01-14, 21:34
If you're recording a timeshift, you can't change channel until after the program has finished & it takes a few minutes after too as it has to merge files. If you try to change channel before the end of the program has finished you get that error and there is no way around it I'm afraid.

garyblas
04-01-14, 21:48
If you're recording a timeshift, you can't change channel until after the program has finished & it takes a few minutes after too as it has to merge files. If you try to change channel before the end of the program has finished you get that error and there is no way around it I'm afraid.

I just found out this statement not true anymore... When you switch channel the latest image gives you option to continue timeshift and save

avi68
04-01-14, 21:56
The only difference in mine is the: Show warning when timeshift is stopped, it is set to no.

avi68
04-01-14, 21:59
This is interesting as I don't get any option. Because on my sky box I can save the whole recording including the timeshift and change the channel without a problem.

garyblas
04-01-14, 22:02
What image you on. I use Vix 808

micscave
04-01-14, 22:05
I just found out this statement not true anymore... When you switch channel the latest image gives you option to continue timeshift and save

Oh right, I wasn't aware that this had changed, I'll have a play later on.

avi68
05-01-14, 11:09
What image you on. I use Vix 808

I'm using the same as you mate.

avi68
05-01-14, 11:10
Oh right, I wasn't aware that this had changed, I'll have a play later on.

Let me know if you get an option.

craig37
05-01-14, 11:10
I had the same problem. I've found that if the " use time shift seek bar while time shifting " is set to yes My time shift doesn't work at all. Switching back to no and everything is okay. Using vix 808 :D

micscave
05-01-14, 20:15
Yep I can confirm that once the recording of the timeshift is under way, I do get the option to carry on recording the timeshift if I want to change channel. I did not get any error either and the recording does work.

sorry I can't help.

micscave
05-01-14, 20:18
Just to add, It did make two recording files, the timeshift portion and the part from where I changed channels. If I hadn't of changed channels, I think it merges these two files at the end of the timeshift recording.

avi68
06-01-14, 21:47
Just to let you guys know I got it working! :D Under my timeshift setting I changed the 'show warning when timeshift is stopped' to yes and it gives me an option when I change channel just like micscave said! And it also creates two of the recording files when you change channel. Thanks for that micscave!

Craig I tried what you said however it never made a difference, thanks anyway mate!

Gary I just checked your settings and it matches and now it works so thanks for that!

garryboy
11-01-14, 10:35
I was having erno error whilst trying to time shift and it was so no hard link to file location.
Managed to get it working by deleting the contents of the time shift file on the hard drive.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk