PDA

View Full Version : Blind Scan

Del6600
04-01-14, 02:03
Any one know if blind scan works on the Duo2?
I have a Duo at the moment but no blind scan.
Would like to purchase a Duo2 if Blind scan works.

Rob van der Does
04-01-14, 04:58
Yes it does.

eastof111
06-01-14, 04:32
Yes, it does blind scan, but with limited capabilities. The image used determines some of the blind scan capabilities. Some images have C and Ku (OpenVIX) while others only support Ku blind scanning via a plug in (BH). In regards to scanning speed, I don't know if that's a product of the drivers or images or both.

I live in the U.S. where feed hunting is a necessity for finding and maintaining news, sports and network channels that come and go on a daily basis. I use the Duo2 (2 dual tuners) to compliment two other lower priced receivers which I also use for daily blind scanning. A Fortis Raptor offers me a more selective blind scanning choice with its menu system and a X2 Premium HD which offers an accurate and much faster scan than the Raptor or Duo2.

The Duo2 has much slower scanning and does not currently offer the variety of blind scanning choices and scanned output display. It still needs to be tweaked to handle various switches when using multiple lnbs and dishes (still getting tuned failed error). I can post a diagram of setup of dishes and switches used to blind scan for this post if necessary. All blind scanning listed was done with the same dish setup for all receivers.

Blind scanning with three receivers was not done in a controlled environment but it should give one an idea of the blind scanning capabilities, and might assist the coders to tweak. I randomly selected a C (SES 1 at 101.0°W) and Ku (Galaxy 19 at 97.0°W) sat.

Here are the blind scanning results:

Duo2 X2 Premium HD Fortis Raptor
C band
11:57 minutes 3:45 minutes 5:58 minutes
73 channels total 62 tv and 12 radio 60 tv and 12 radio

Ku band
4:50 minutes 2:30 minutes 2:51 minutes
75 channels total 259 tv and 124 radio 245 tv and 122 radio

Now the topic here is blind scan, so it would NOT be fair to compare any other qualities or prices of the receivers. At the end of the day, I always use the Duo2 as my main viewing receiver, even though the Raptor has similar capabilities. I still consider this one of the best receivers currently out there and I would not hesitate to buy another one. Considering its infancy, once the blind scan gets tweaked, it should be a phenomenal receiver.:)

Image used:
OpenVIX build 808
Kernel 3.3.8
Drivers 2013-12-17
Last update 2013-12-21
System Temp: 28C

el bandido
06-01-14, 22:25
I would only add that blind scan does not work or is currently not available to me on tuners B & D in a 4 tuner Duo2. EB