PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Recording Split into several parts

dermies
03-01-14, 18:22
Hi, I was having some problems with Zero Length recordings and after some research (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?34107-Zero-length-recordings&highlight=zero+length+recording), rolled the drivers back.

Build is now 3.3.8 after an update two days ago.

I have no softcams installed afaik, all channels are FTA.

Then last night something strange happened. Using the green button, I was recording two programmes simultaneously, a BBC2 programme "PQ17" on one of the Sat tuners and a documentary on Ronan O'Gara on a terrestrial channel.

The Gigablue rebooted a few minutes into the ROG documentary so I switched to watching it on the normal TV channel - i.e. not the Gigablue. There were storm winds so even the normal dvt broadcast seemed to break up or freeze a few times. When I checked this morning, the ROG documentary was split into 21 recordings on the Gigablue, some zero length.

The BBC2 recording via the sat tuner was also split into 9 recordings. Log file attached.

Any ideas what caused this and can I stop it happening again?

Many thanks

Mr. Mister
03-01-14, 19:07
If you had 9 recordings of the same name.. That means your gigablue was rebooted 9 times during that recording..

Did you reboot the box yourself.. ?? .. Or did it do it itself.. ??

If it rebooted itself.. I would just reflash the box again..

dermies
03-01-14, 19:39
I didn't intervene during the recordings so that implies it rebooted itself....

This problem hasn't happened before so perhaps the build upgrade is the culprit. Do the log files shed any light?

I'll reflash and report in. Many thanks.

Mr. Mister
03-01-14, 19:56
Yes.. post the log file and andyblac will have a look at them..

skippie
03-01-14, 23:05
when did you buy the gigablue?
I bought one for my parents in-law on the 20th of December and it had the same problem : rebooting when a timer switched on.

I know of another case, a guy from Holland with exactly the same problem. He sent his box to Germany but Gigablue is not recognising the fault as someone said it is a tuner(s) issue as he connected both antennas to tuner C and D and he didn't have the rebooting problem then.
The Dutch guy got his gigablue in December also.

sent from ONDA V972

Mr. Mister
03-01-14, 23:33
I have never had this issue myself.. But i have had to reboot in the middle of a recording.. So thats how i know you will have multiple files..

I got my 1st Quad around 18 months ago.. and have been adding since.. They are moved around the house all the time.. So i got no idea which one i have the longest or shortest.. But never had any of them just reboot on their own ..

Rob van der Does
04-01-14, 05:52
As I suppose you're on build 808 I corrected the buildnumber.

dermies
04-01-14, 18:33
Yes, build is 808.

Got the Gigablue in December....

Reboot happened again last night when recording the Americans on UTV via built-in Sat tuners, but only one reboot this time. Haven't had a chance to reflash yet.