PDA

View Full Version : Views on this box?

s31teg
03-01-14, 10:22
Hello

Does anyone have this box? It looks very similar to the Octagon SF8 HD(which is an excellent box for the money) just with the dual tuner.

Thanks for any response!

dorada
03-01-14, 20:26
Hi, just got one of these boxes just before chrimbo running open mips image on it at the moment (no vix image at the moment) a lot of there plugins dont work but Ive downloaded some plugins from here (time shift/bbc iplayer ect) and they work fine theres not much support or help at the moment though but the box is excellent for the money if your after a duel tuner I can recomend them, some others might know of other boxes which are better.

judge
03-01-14, 23:17
Support for this box is being worked on & should have a ViX image soon...
Sorry, no ETA as usual though.

Sicilian
04-01-14, 06:43
I've been testing UE+/SE+ with ViX, been performing really well, image not too far way. In final testing atm.

Found two driver issues, but not deal breakers or anything too serious:

1) If using a fixed satellite dish you must set SEND DiSEqC to YES even if not using DiSEqC (tested with Astra 28.2). Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration > Tuner that is using a fixed dish.

2) If using Twin tuner and a DiSEqC motor, you MUST connect motor to fixed Tuner A in order for it to function correctly.

3) If using Twin tuner with a DiSEqC motor and fixed dish you MUST connect motor to fixed Tuner A and Fixed dish to Tuner B in order for the motor to function correctly. Ensure Fixed dish has SEND DiSEqC set to YES. If you prefer your fixed dish to have priority > Menu > Setup > System > Customise > Set Preferred Tuner to Tuner B.

Gigablue know about these driver bugs and should be fixed on next update.

Overall great value for money imo.

s31teg
04-01-14, 17:48
Thanks for the feedback, i need it to run VIX and i ordered this on Friday.

Looks like im going to have to change it for an alternative unless someone can send me a copy of the latest VIX until an official release. The issue 1 is no real problem for now.

What alternative box would you recommend? Techno Nano 2T?