PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Is there a CRT-friendly skin?

Himmelfahrt
01-01-14, 23:34
Is there a CRT-friendly skin for Vix? Or even for a different image?
All the skins I have tried so far are being cropped around the edges as the menus are not kept in the title safe area. I guess all the skin designers use 1080p displays with overscan disabled.
Before someone suggests Magic-SD, I have tried it already. It is not title safe. And whoever designed it chose a horrible font for their Vix Extreme logo which causes nasty thin-line flicker on a CRT.

I need a HD skin with a nice wide title safe area all the way around the edge. The nearest one I have found so far is the OpenPLi skin, but it crops in the EPG and a few other places.

abu baniaz
01-01-14, 23:55
Have you tried resizing the interface?

Mr. Mister
01-01-14, 23:58
Have you tried resizing the interface?

Menu > Set Up > System > User Interface > Position Set Up .....

Rob van der Does
02-01-14, 06:14
Before someone suggests Magic-SD, I have tried it already. It is not title safe. And whoever designed it chose a horrible font for their Vix Extreme logo which causes nasty thin-line flicker on a CRT.
That'll be me then. I use it when I'm using a (very) small TV in my caravan.
I'm rather keen in trying to maintain the skin as good as I can, as I know CRT's are still in use. But I have no CRT-TV left to check it on myself.

Could you please be of assistance, and point me exactly to the issues that need to be improved?
As for a thin-line flicker: that will probably be due to using a CRT. That simply happens on horizontal lines. Would it be better to leave out the logo completely?

If you do want to use an HD-skin, please be aware that on screens having a lot of info, like e.g. the Graphical-EPG, the text will be unreadable.

Stanman
02-01-14, 19:43
Magic SD worked fine on my 32inch CRT until it bit the dust, not sure how good it will be on a smaller telly.

Rob van der Does
02-01-14, 22:35
Magic SD worked fine on my 32inch CRT until it bit the dust, not sure how good it will be on a smaller telly.
Hehe, I used it on a 10" telly ........