PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] BBC Weather feed (AutoBouequet E2)

zino
01-01-14, 19:47
Cannot seem to find the BBC weather feed.

Dad used to access it through red button on sky+ but on vu+ (no red button access therefore) this feed should be on a channel number instead right... I can't find it. Can I manually add it to my bouquet?

Larry-G
01-01-14, 19:49
I have never heard of a BBC Weather feed and cant find reference to it via King of sat either.

http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=bbc+weather&Submit=Zap

are you sure it was not just part of the BBC News feeds ?.

zino
01-01-14, 19:53
Dad watched a weather video loop from the BBC every morning before going to work for years until I changed to Vu+
He would use the red button and choose it he says
It also had graphics but the loop is more important as he is getting old, doesn't like change or anything too complicated.
I feel bad lol

I remember seeing it once, it was definately a video loop in the corner with some graphics.

I would love to find a way to add it to the Vu+ box.

Larry-G
01-01-14, 19:56
as i said it's not a channel i have ever hear of my self in the 20 plus years i have been into satellite tv ( may have just passed me by ). you could try a full scan on 28.2 east then look in the unnamed channels ( those with just numbers ) to see of any of them show what you want,.

pooface
01-01-14, 20:02
It appears that the transmission ceased quite a long while back. A quick Google search reveals:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1713749

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

zino
01-01-14, 20:02
as i said it's not a channel i have ever hear of my self in the 20 plus years i have been into satellite tv ( may have just passed me by ). you could try a full scan on 28.2 east then look in the unnamed channels ( those with just numbers ) to see of any of them show what you want,.

I never said it was a channel.
I said it was a feed.

You know how the red button "interactive" feeds that are accessed through red button... which would not be the case on a non-standardised platform such as Vu+ boxes and would therefore would have to be accessed by the "hidden" channel number the feed is on. On sky the "hidden" channel number was buried somewhere or could be manually added.

zino
01-01-14, 20:03
It appears that the transmission ceased quite a long while back. A quick Google search reveals:

Yet I saw him use it very recently... as I stated above
I think that refers to freeview etc

Larry-G
01-01-14, 20:04

yeah thats the same thread i landed on a few minutes ago while searching.

Larry-G
01-01-14, 20:07
I never said it was a channel.
I said it was a feed.

You know how the red button "interactive" feeds that are accessed through red button... which would not be the case on a non-standardised platform such as Vu+ boxes and would therefore would have to be accessed by the "hidden" channel number the feed is on. On sky the "hidden" channel number was buried somewhere or could be manually added.

Thats exactly the same as other BBC and sky feeds which are not standard channels but do show up in the unnamed channels as i described above.

pooface
01-01-14, 20:08
Yet I saw him use it very recently... as I stated above
I think that refers to freeview etc

you never said very recently. You said he used it for years until you got the vu. That could've been a couple years ago our a couple of days ago. No time span mentioned.

And if you read the post I linked, people asked whether it was to do with the Freeview. Which shows it was the sky version and prior wondering whether it was anything to do with trying to line up like Freeview...

You could try doing a search yourself like I just did if you're not happy with the responses... Some one might knew the answer, you you'll just be waiting for them to come online, which could be hours, days or months!

zino
01-01-14, 20:09
Thats exactly the same as other BBC and sky feeds which are not standard channels but do show up in the unnamed channels as i described above.
Which is why I am here, as they do not show up on AutoBouquet E2 or the built in AutoBouquetMaker... there are only 2 bbc feeds, neither showing weather... perhaps the feeds show weather at a certain time in the morning only.

Will test this when I'm on late shift

Larry-G
01-01-14, 20:13
Which is why I am here, as they do not show up on AutoBouquet E2 or the built in AutoBouquetMaker... there are only 2 bbc feeds, neither showing weather... perhaps the feeds show weather at a certain time in the morning only.

Will test this when I'm on late shift

In order to have them in ABM we would need to know it actually exists in the first place, I am not discounting you but it's not a channel i have ever seen before or after ABM. a full manual scan of 28.2 east ( which will take you a good 20 minutes or more to do ) will pull it up if it's there.

abu baniaz
02-01-14, 00:52
Going by the links, seems as if the service is no longer active.

With Autobouquets E2, you can have the test/extra channels by enabling "other extra channels". They will show in the other bouquet. The Weather service was not there. Best we get confirmation if someone still uses it.

zino
02-01-14, 01:18
you never said very recently. You said he used it for years until you got the vu. That could've been a couple years ago our a couple of days ago. No time span mentioned.

And if you read the post I linked, people asked whether it was to do with the Freeview. Which shows it was the sky version and prior wondering whether it was anything to do with trying to line up like Freeview...

You could try doing a search yourself like I just did if you're not happy with the responses... Some one might knew the answer, you you'll just be waiting for them to come online, which could be hours, days or months!

I tried doing a search and came up with the same results as you did... which is why I came here... which I mentioned above... I think twice, try doing a search of this thread.

Thanks for all the input, I guess I will have to look for a suitable plugin.

zino
02-01-14, 01:18
In order to have them in ABM we would need to know it actually exists in the first place, I am not discounting you but it's not a channel i have ever seen before or after ABM. a full manual scan of 28.2 east ( which will take you a good 20 minutes or more to do ) will pull it up if it's there.

Appreciate the tip, thanks. :)

abu baniaz
02-01-14, 01:55
I guess I will have to look for a suitable plugin.
I think this is the wrong approach. The approach should be to confirm that the weather service still exists and provide details of it.

You won't find a plugin which will make a channel/service appear out of thin air.

Larry-G
02-01-14, 02:03
I think this is the wrong approach. The approach should be to confirm that the weather service still exists and provide details of it.

You won't find a plugin which will make a channel/service appear out of thin air.

Agreed........

zino
02-01-14, 16:06

Agreed........

You guys are hilarious... I said a suitable plugin for weather, as I have clearly given up on the feed, I didn't say a suitable plugin to allow access to the feed that no-one can find manually.
Wrong approach, hahaha.

seame
05-01-14, 19:49
Try xmbcwetter from the plugins feed.

Rob van der Does
05-01-14, 19:50
There are a couple of excellent weather-plugins on our feeds. I prefer Foreca.

zino
06-01-14, 17:01
There are a couple of excellent weather-plugins on our feeds. I prefer Foreca.
Try xmbcwetter from the plugins feed.
Thanks guys, appreciate the positive input. I installed the first weather one I saw on the feed didn't realise there were more. Will definately try these two to see which Dad prefers. Heard of Foreca but forgot about it so thanks.

Rob van der Does
07-01-14, 11:03
I deleted several posts as they went somewhat off-topic.