PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-OE] Help, lost usb and can't flash

vinceben
01-01-14, 18:22
Please help. I have just got my TM Nano and first thing I did was flash it with the latest Vix image. Everything went well, all channels and sats ok, network ok so very happy. I then made a mistake and installed TS panel. I saw lots of posts on how good it was, but didn't see posts about problems till too late.
I now cannot mount my usb. I have reformatted it and installed new image onto usb, but receiver can't read it an starts straight into installed image instead of letting me re flash. If I SETUP/Vix/mount manager and try and mount the Nano crashes and reboots. In MOUNT MANAGER the usb is recognised, but SIZE is unavailable and TYPE is unmountable, but in SETUP/SYSTEM/storage devices the usb is recognised along with correct size of 8.004gb.

I don't know what to do.

I FTP to the Nano using DCC, so could I send a new image over and flash.

Could I flash using serial port (as I used to with DM500) using a nfi image, and if possible what software do I use and how. Is VIX available to flash to serial. I don't mind flashing different image as I can reflash with Vix when all working.

I have searched the web and a lot of people have had this problem but main solutions are for VU+ receivers. I have tried all I know but stuck.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to include as much info as possible.

Larry-G
01-01-14, 18:25
Try using the Image manager to download and flash a new image.

Blue button> ViX> Image manager.

Use the download option to download the build you want from the server then the restore option to flash that build directly from the image manager.

vinceben
01-01-14, 18:44
Thanks for the quick reply.

I have tried that. When I try Blue button, VIX/IMAGE MANAGER all I get is Device: there was a problem with this device please reformat.

If I then press MENU I get the Backup Location just blank

Larry-G
01-01-14, 18:47
sounds like TSpanel has really screwed up your mount points, do you have a internal HDD installed ?.

vinceben
01-01-14, 18:52
No, don't have hdd installed. Looks like I may need to flash via serial but don't know how to with the Nano. I have even re installed TS panel to try and re flash but it looks like there is only images VU+ receivers and a few others, but no Technomate.

Larry-G
01-01-14, 18:59
Format the USB stick in your PC using the HP format tool

HP format tool
http://www.pcworld.com/product/946261/hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool.html

Then insert it into the receiver and reboot it.

abu baniaz
01-01-14, 19:17
The flashing from USB process is done before the image is loaded. TSpanel should not interfere with USB flashing the receiver.

As above, use formatting tool. What size flash drive is it? Are you sure file structure is correct?

vinceben
01-01-14, 19:38
The flashing from USB process is done before the image is loaded. TSpanel should not interfere with USB flashing the receiver.

As above, use formatting tool. What size flash drive is it? Are you sure file structure is correct?

I have formatted the usb key many times (via Windows7), so I am now going to use the format tool that pheonix kindly suggested. trying to juggle time doing this and getting the wife away from the tv is just as hard.
The flash drive was a sandisk Cruzer Facet 8 gb and formatted to Fat32. I will now try another disk incase it has corrupted the first disk.

I understand about the flashing process, but after a lot of google searching and reading, it looks like TSPanel corrupts and overrights some important files if installed in the Vix image and messes up the mount files. I wish I saw this first, but unfortunatley didnt. btw TSMedia seems to work well

vinceben
01-01-14, 19:42
Once formatted, shal I insert it straight into the receiver and re-boot, or do I install VIX image onto it and try flash?

Many thanks for your very quick and helpful replies

Larry-G
01-01-14, 19:45
Once formatted, shal I insert it straight into the receiver and re-boot, or do I install VIX image onto it and try flash?

Many thanks for your very quick and helpful replies

once formatted copy the image files to the flash drive and try to flash the receiver again ( making sure you have the correct file structure ).

There is a tutorial available on www.openvix.co.uk that explains the flashing process for this receiver.

vinceben
01-01-14, 20:16
Thanks for the help. It worked. I have been trying for 2 days to sort it out.

I have been using Windows7 to format the usb, but as soon as I used the HP format tool you suggested it worked.
I tried the original Cruzer 8gb drive in HP format tool and it will not read it. (Windows will read it)

Lesson learnt, I will stay clear of TSPanel. I will research before I install. After having this problem with TSPanel I have read that a lot of people had problems with it and although it is thought highly of, it does state by many users in many forums that it is definatley a no no with the Vix image.

Thanks again for all the help. It is appreciated. Support for the Vix image is excellent.

(off now to set it all back up)

Larry-G
01-01-14, 20:21
Thank you for keeping us updated on your progress and I am very happy you resolved your issue.

I hope you Have a very happy new year for 2014.