PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Need Help

T-Cut
01-01-14, 18:21
Hi
I'm a Newbie, so please bear with me.

I had a TM-Twin-OE Fitted. Just before Christmas with. By an engineer. Since I had the install. Some of the information seems to be missing. When I enter the, let’s say. The Movie channels list. (SkyPremiereHD, Prem+1, Disney HD est.) It doesn't tell you what’s playing. You have to press a particular channel to find out what’s on and when you press back to the movie channels list. Some of them have appeared. I’m also getting a lot of channels freezing up. I hope I’ve explaned myself OK lol
I look forward to your help.
Thanks in advance
Alan
VIX Image
CHIPSET BCM7335
CPU BCM7335BO
Cores 2
Version 3.0
Build 806
Kernel 3.5.3
Drivers 2013-12-10
Last update 2013-12-16
System tem 49C

Larry-G
01-01-14, 18:27
Sounds like your EPG is not setup properly or downloading.

Go to www.openvix.co.uk and look in the guides and tutorial section, there is a tutorial there for setting up CrossEPG for sky uk. ( you will need a .pdf reader installed to open the tutorial ).

T-Cut
01-01-14, 18:39
Thanks for the quick response Phoenix
I’ll have a look and I will come back to you
Again thank you and a Happy New year to you and all members, Admin

T-Cut
01-01-14, 19:20
I've tried what you said
When I get to this part; Scroll to Download now and press ok to run CrossEPG for the first time.
An error message comes up. Saying Cross peg error No valid NIM found

Larry-G
01-01-14, 19:22
we have had a lot of very violent storms this winter are you sure you'r dish has not been moved ?, Are the channels that freeze free to air or paid for channels or both ?.

T-Cut
01-01-14, 19:44
we have had a lot of very violent storms this winter are you sure you'r dish has not been moved ?, Are the channels that freeze free to air or paid for channels or both ?.

Storm wise. It hasn't really been that bad. Certainly not before Christmas, when it started acting up. Free to air

Larry-G
01-01-14, 19:47
If your FTA channels are breaking up that would suggest a signal issue, i know it's a bit late now especially as it's dark but i would be checking the dish, lnb, cabling etc for signs of damage or loose fittings. or better still get the guy who fitted it in the first place to do the work under warranty.

T-Cut
01-01-14, 19:59
I'll chect tomorrow for any signs of anything apparent. Has for the engineer. It's getting to speak to him. He could be busy though. I'll report back tomorrow.
Thanks again Pheonix :thumbsup:

T-Cut
02-01-14, 16:40
Update
All working now
I did what you said. The dish wasn’t level, so my brother put that right. We checked all cabling and connection. All fine. I think what a may have done wrong, was I didn’t check Sky UK properly. I made sure I checked it this time and saved.
Thanks a million to phoenix and to the club :)
Happy days
Alan