PDA

View Full Version : VIX 1.2 Media player crashing

canthackit
02-11-10, 13:12
Hello :D

afraid the above is happening, here's the crash log.

regards; canthackit

andyblac
02-11-10, 13:30
Hello :D

afraid the above is happening, here's the crash log.

regards; canthackit

thats been fixed, do a a software update :)

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3420-Bugs-Fixed-in-Online-Update

JimEvo2
02-11-10, 13:32
I've had the same problem too, as soon as I clicked on media player I got a green line at the top of the screen for a few seconds and then the crash screen. I could see the Hdd using filezilla so I presume it is mounted Ok anyway I went through all the menus and double checked everything is alright. I then did another software update and rebooted the system and now everything seems ok. Sorry I have no crash log so I can't help any further but I have deleted any timers which were due to start and anything which has half recorded. When media player eventually loaded I discovered that the playlist had about six movies in it, so whether this had any bearing on the problem I don't know.

Anyway I have cleared the playlist and just started watching a program I recorded last night after the vix 1.2 update, everything seems ok now. :p

It's good fun this linux box stuff isn't it ?

I was a bit slow with my reply, but it looks as though a sortware update is the answer ! :)

canthackit
02-11-10, 13:39
@ andy

that's the first thing i did after the install, and subsequently afterwards, it still crashes mate.

regards: canthackit

andyblac
02-11-10, 13:41
@ andy

that's the first thing i did after the install, and subsequently afterwards, it still crashes mate.

hmm, i have a look

EDIT: looking at your log, you are still running r54 of the skin r55 has the fix and is online, can you run anther update please to check

JimEvo2
02-11-10, 13:45
Have you tried another update - I found a couple last night, but another file was found this morning and now all is ok

canthackit
02-11-10, 13:59
i've been doing updates my friends constantly.

and now without out doing anything i managed to access Media Player i selected an MP3 track and it started to play then about half way through i got a green screen but the track still continued to play, then the box crashed with the track still playing up to a point, then the box eventually rebooted into Sky Premier UK and now i cant get any audio on anything.

andyblac
02-11-10, 14:01
i've been doing updates my friends constantly.

and now without out doing anything i managed to access Media Player i selected an MP3 track and it started to play then about half way through i got a green screen but the track still continued to play, then the box crashed with the track still playing up to a point, then the box eventually rebooted into Sky Premier UK and now i cant get any audio on anything.

hmm, send me the crash log, have you tried changing channels, after a crash sometime need it to get audio back

steve43
02-11-10, 14:24
hi i had same problem but just done another update, now working perfect
thank you

canthackit
02-11-10, 18:34
sorry got called away.
here's the crash log anyway.

andyblac
02-11-10, 18:47
sorry got called away.
here's the crash log anyway.

OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory

out of memory try creating a swap file.

canthackit
03-11-10, 08:25
works now mate thanks.

canthackit
03-11-10, 16:03
update.
i thought i'd test the Blackhole image, didn't like it at all, so i went back to VIX 1.2 did a software update and setup a swap file 16Mb accessed media player and the box crashed again so i did a cold reboot and the there was a whole lot more components on the software update so did the install, and yet another cold reboot everything then rectified and working 100%.

@andy

i know i have been critical of some of the proggies/components on the VIX images and tended not to use them to much, but please don't let this detract from the gratitude and respect i have for you, and i also acknowledge all the long hours and hard work you put in on our behalf, and i say a big thank you for this.

and now the biggee this latest image is a winner mate, once you helped me get over the problems i had above the image is brilliant and will probaly remain on my box until 1.3 :D

thanks again for everything and you are appriciated by all, we love you man ;)

thanks & regards: canthackit

andyblac
03-11-10, 18:00
update.
i thought i'd test the Blackhole image, didn't like it at all, so i went back to VIX 1.2 did a software update and setup a swap file 16Mb accessed media player and the box crashed again so i did a cold reboot and the there was a whole lot more components on the software update so did the install, and yet another cold reboot everything then rectified and working 100%.

@andy

i know i have been critical of some of the proggies/components on the VIX images and tended not to use them to much, but please don't let this detract from the gratitude and respect i have for you, and i also acknowledge all the long hours and hard work you put in on our behalf, and i say a big thank you for this.

and now the biggee this latest image is a winner mate, once you helped me get over the problems i had above the image is brilliant and will probaly remain on my box until 1.3 :D

thanks again for everything and you are appriciated by all, we love you man ;)

thanks & regards: canthackit

thanks for that mate, it makes all the late nights worth while, i was up until 3am this morning trying to code the new version of Enigma2 into the next update, the latest version of Enigma2 is incompatible with the Vu+, it does not detect the tuners at all (it requires new drivers), but the good news that i manage to code around that, and have the Solo working great with 02-11-2010 build of enigma2, just need to get the Duo done now too. i have sent an email to Alex at Vu+ saying i that i would be wiingl to help out his dev team in getting the Vu+ drivers compatible with the latest version of enigma2, but as yet had no response.

andy.

canthackit
04-11-10, 17:42
i sent him an e-mail about 3 months ago about flac files not playing on Media player.

still waiting for an answer as well :D

you keep well mate, you've got a fan in me :eek: