PDA

View Full Version : Can install older images from pre 2013 can't install images from 2013

redknight
30-12-13, 18:31
Hi,

I have a weird issue, I accidentally installed Vix 339 which went on OK but is totally out of date. I then tried to update to Vix 808 which appears to install ok but after i reboot it sticks at STARTING on the display. I have tried reinstalling several times and reinstalled the bootloader in case that was something to do with it but nothing works. What's strange is I can install the old version 339 again and get back into the box but it will not take 808 no matter what I try.

Any ideas?

Larry-G
30-12-13, 18:35
Please dont be offended by me asking but are you sure the unit is genuine and not counterfeit ?, I only ask because there have been many new driver releases since the 300 series images which contain anti clone counter measures, which would account exactly for the issue your seeing.

redknight
30-12-13, 18:45
Please dont be offended by me asking but are you sure the unit is genuine and not counterfeit ?, I only ask because there have been many new driver releases since the 300 series images which contain anti clone counter measures, which would account exactly for the issue your seeing.

Hi, thanks for replying. I'm not offended at all :) I've had this box for years now and I'm pretty sure it's not counterfeit. I vaguely remember following a post on how to check for a counterfeit box a few years ago when they were first being seen in the wild. I've had it smack up to date within the last 3-6 months if that helps, something weird happened recently whereby I had to do a complete reinstall which is unrelated and I mistakenly went to an old thread with the image releases instead of the openvix.co.uk site. Do you know exactly where the anti counterfeit things came in and I could try a revision before that

redknight
30-12-13, 19:09
I got it working, very strange, I went back to an image around July then updated from within the menu from there. It's working now though, thanks

Larry-G
30-12-13, 19:19
What image build exactly did you flash as updating from builds prior to 760 can and will cause issues.

redknight
30-12-13, 19:32
You're right, I ended up doing it with 775 from 1/11/13 which worked ok, really strange i tried 775 earlier and it didnt work