PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Local sky card freezing on HD channels

satmanbasil
30-12-13, 00:41
Hi there

Has anyone else with other vu models experienced freezing with sky uk local card mainly HD channels.
I have reflashed the stb reinstalled CCcam files even changed version of CCcam from 2.21 to 2.30.
Reading another thread here a guy with a duo has almost same problem.. when the picture freeze the card entitlement shows no card data sometime i have to revert to sd channel and wait say a minute to restore picture then go back to HD. or i have to restart the CCcam from scratch

Noticed some upgrade was done to CI in recent build updates could this be a glitch or are our friends @ sky working in the background trying to disable cards used in non sky stb's

for those with some questions
The card looks ok not bent or burns - the entitlements are up todate until feb 2014 and the card has never been inside a sky stb since i first had to set it up to decrypt and that was over 3 years or more its always updated in the vu solo

Sicilian
30-12-13, 07:13
If this has just started recently, I'd suggest you check you dish alignment and LNB. Remember we're had some bad weather in the UK. Even slight LNB skew could cause such issues.

Manc-Red
30-12-13, 10:19
Used a Vu for my local about 6 months ago & had to revert to a DM to serve my card only.

Could be winds but in my experience the Vu just wasn't a great server.

mkhan
30-12-13, 19:47
Oscam released a new update recently version 9157, I don't know if its related to this issue.

I've been having recording issues with some programs on Star Plus HD using TM Twin and am going to test this update to see if it resolves it.

Changeset 9157

Timestamp:
12/29/13 11:45:18 (32 hours ago)
Author:
theparasol
Dynamic streampids for stapi devices

This should fix issues like freezing and pixalization on pmtupdates as seen on "orf bundeslander" and sky channels

mkhan
30-12-13, 19:48
Oscam released a new update recently version 9157, I don't know if its related to this issue.

I've been having recording issues with some programs on Star Plus HD using TM Twin and am going to test this update to see if it resolves it.

Changeset 9157

Timestamp:
12/29/13 11:45:18 (32 hours ago)
Author:
theparasol
Dynamic streampids for stapi devices

This should fix issues like freezing and pixalization on pmtupdates as seen on "orf bundeslander" and sky channels

satmanbasil
31-12-13, 03:57
If this has just started recently, I'd suggest you check you dish alignment and LNB. Remember we're had some bad weather in the UK. Even slight LNB skew could cause such issues.

Hi there

Using a 1.8mtr dish signal levels 99% problem seems to be in patches it can go hours without fault then gets hit almost every half hour. Not sure if sky are trying out card/receiver pairing I will continue to monitor the problem if i find the solution i will post here for others who maybe experience the same.

satmanbasil
31-12-13, 04:01
Used a Vu for my local about 6 months ago & had to revert to a DM to serve my card only.

Could be winds but in my experience the Vu just wasn't a great server.

Hi mate

Cannot knock the vu its been a workhorse here for a couple of years now have had dream too and to be honest i cannot fault the vuplus for price and performance.
As mentioned in my other post its not wind related as pulling in 99% signal with a 1.8mtr dish

Larry-G
31-12-13, 04:14
Hi there

Using a 1.8mtr dish signal levels 99% problem seems to be in patches it can go hours without fault then gets hit almost every half hour. Not sure if sky are trying out card/receiver pairing I will continue to monitor the problem if i find the solution i will post here for others who maybe experience the same.

slightly off topic but remember the bigger the dish the tighter the beam, meaning you have even less margin for error if the dish gets knocked about by the wind etc. I used to have a 3 meter channel master which was fantastic but it was a rite pain in the rear end if it got banged about by the wind.

Sicilian
31-12-13, 06:18
Hi there

No issues at all here and I'm using a Sky Zone 1 45cm :D

satmanbasil
02-01-14, 02:21
Hi

Looking into this topic more i feel it could be our friends @ s*y making attemps to use card pairing as the card works alot more better when watching sd channels but the moment you start looking any HD content the problem happens also noticed that non premium channels not affected by this.

Another problem however I noticed tonight moving away from s*y channels is CCCam just switched off while i was channel hopping I have enable restart in the setting but its not doing anything i had to go into CCcam and man restart the cam .... Could andy just take a look at that side of the program and make sure no glitch has developed in the program relating to softcams. do not have an error log created by the receiver for this problem, in the mean time i have changed CCcam version from 2.3.0 to 2.1.3 as this was reported as the most stable CCcam for users

Burnham
02-01-14, 15:24
CCcam stopping on certain channels is a known problem, can't give more details due to forum rules.

satmanbasil
02-01-14, 23:06
@ burnham

im aware of the reasons why however things dont bode well for the linux receivers if users cannot use local card within there choice of receiver if sky carry out these changes to the end game.
I for one have put off purchase of duo2 until i know if this problem can be resolved.

satmanbasil
04-01-14, 14:42
Hi

Decided yesterday to do some testing and installed VTi latest image to my solo receiver to test how the local card works with this image.
I installed CCcam version 2.1.3 as i had in the vix image and left the receiver over night on a HD premium channel to see if it locked up like it had been doing with vix, so far I can report when switching on the tv this morning the HD channel was still working (not frozen) and continues to be working as i report.
OK maybe for now sky have stopped tweeking card pairing im sure others here using vix may report different to confirm it but i will continue to monitor how the card behaves with the VTi image over the next few days if it proves pairing is on going but my card remains stable, we may need to investigate why one image locks up and the other does not.
I will keep you all posted