PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Loopthrough configuration

Tavy
29-12-13, 13:17
Hi,

I've tried to use the following configuration but without success:
1 Dish with 4LNBs->1/4Diseq->Duo2 Tuner A->Loop to Tuner B->MY TV's DVBS2 tuner

Unfortunately my TV doesn't have LNB Out but I thought it could be possible like this (when Duo2 is off - deep or stand by). Am I wrong?

Can anyone tell me if this is possible? there is any other config I should use?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Tavy

Rob van der Does
29-12-13, 13:35
This should indeed possible, but not when the box is in deep sleep. The box should be in normal standby.
But: with the DUO2 I encountered serious issues with the loop through. It is not reliable; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
A bugreport has been filed to VU+, but I have no ide if they're working on this issue.

abu baniaz
29-12-13, 13:40
You are better off having independent cables from lnb/diseqc switch to each tuner. Is this not an option?

Rob van der Does
29-12-13, 13:42
If there is no loop out, you can't loop out to another device.
No, of course not. But there is (when using a single tuner board).

Tavy
29-12-13, 14:35
Not sure I understand; if the tuner is dual there is no way I can loop through Duo2 (in stand by) by configuring the Tuner B loopthrough to A?

Do I need to change the tuner with a single one?

Thank you.

abu baniaz
29-12-13, 15:04
If you have a twin tuner, both ports will say "LNB in". i.e they are both for LNB feed to go in. The loop through feature will only be software based within the receiver.
If you have a Single tuner, one will say "LNB in", one will say "LNB out". The LNB out is the one that loops out.

If I was in your shoes, I would run more cables instead of buying a new tuner (if this is possible).

Tavy
29-12-13, 15:40
OK, clearer but I realize that twin tuner is useless for me so I will buy a new tuner (no way I can have another cable :-()

It is misleading the loop settings (I thought the tuner in can be changed in tuner out by software).

There is anywhere explained the possible configurations for twin tuners when loopthrough or equal settings is used?

Thank you

Rob van der Does
29-12-13, 15:45
It is misleading the loop settings (I thought the tuner in can be changed in tuner out by software).
There is nothing misleading in the tuner configuration.

And be aware about the bug I told you about: as it is atm the loop-out is useless.

abu baniaz
29-12-13, 15:49
I've never understood what "equals to" means.

The manual can be found from add the h .Page 15 has the details

ttp://www.vuplus.com/downloadManualContent.htm?idx=11&pagenum=1

Before you fork out the money, you do realise that you will be limited in what you can watch on unit which has the looped out feed if they fix the software issue (not image related)

Tavy
29-12-13, 16:14
@Rob - So if I understand correctly we need a FPGA update for twin tuner and not only drivers.

@Abu - I know the limitation but there is no way I'll have another cable and I don't watch/record more than one channel.

I found a cheap (only 6 euros) temporary solution by using a priority switch with master/slave outputs (slave will access the LNB is master is off)

Thank you for support.

Rob van der Does
29-12-13, 17:03
I've never understood what "equals to" means.

The manual can be found from add the h .Page 15 has the details
There is no 'equals to' on page 15, so I have no idea what you mean.

Rob van der Does
29-12-13, 17:06
@Rob - So if I understand correctly we need a FPGA update for twin tuner and not only drivers.
Not sure what you man now. IIRC there is no FPGA upgrade for the DUO2.
Anyway: loopthrough (the single tuner loop out) doesn't work; it's a bug in the drivers.

abu baniaz
29-12-13, 17:39
There is no 'equals to' on page 15, so I have no idea what you mean.
Was referring to option in images. Hence two separate paragraphs albeit one sentence ones. Can you educate me as to usage of "equals to serves" on the images? Many thanks in advance.

Rob van der Does
29-12-13, 18:32
Still not sure what you mean. In tunerconfig?

abu baniaz
29-12-13, 18:45
Still not sure what you mean. In tunerconfig?
Yes, in tuner config.

Rob van der Does
29-12-13, 18:47
Ahh, simple: if you have the same setup (lnb's/DiSEqC) for the other tuner it's 'the same as' or 'equal to'.
So you don't have to make the same settings twice (or more).