PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] EPG button Favourites bouquet (behaving differently suddenly)

zino
29-12-13, 07:42
Bascially I would like the EPG button to ALWAYS open to the Favourites bouquet.

When I first set everything up, it worked perfectly after I picked and added to my Favourites bouquet from All Channels bouquet list. The last couple of days if I enter a channel number of a channel that is in my favourites bouquet, it goes into another bouquet instead, which means the EPG button doesn't show Favourites by default. I have to scroll back and forth looking for it. Would rather go back to how it was.

When I first set up my vu+ solo2 with vix, I set up bouquets and favourites. When I went into my favourites bouquet, and viewed a channel say BBC1 HD then entered a channel number that is also in the Favourites say Channel 4 HD, then pressed EPG, it would always show Favourites so I could see EPG data for just my favourite channels.

Now, when I go to BBC1 HD in my favourites bouquet, then I enter a channel number that is also in my favourites, Channel 4 HD, if I press EPG it shows EPG data for 'Entertainment' bouquet NOT favourites bouquet.

I have used Auto Bouquet Maker (the one pre-installed on Vix) and also Auto Bouquets E2 to create bouquets with the same results.

I tried settings restore but I don't have an image to restore.

All I want is, for the EPG button to show my favourites bouquet when I press it, that is it.

zino
29-12-13, 09:56
I have a Vu+ Solo2 with Vix firmware, build 802 (also tested with 808 build)

abu baniaz
29-12-13, 15:16
Doesn't the TV button do this for you? See this thread for more details
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24567-VU-Solo2-ViX-Image-Discussion

In Linux receivers, epg is used for electronic program guide. i.e what is on the channels. Unfortunately, the offical receivers use epg to describe what we call channel lists/bouquets/favourites. If you still want to remap buttons, use the multiquickbutton plugin which you can install from the feeds.

zino
29-12-13, 15:22
Every receiver shows what is on when you press EPG, so I don't know what you mean by that.

On sky if you set favourites, the EPG button shows what is on the channels for your favourites.
It is looking like this is not the same for vu+ on vix. Favourites is instead a bouquet and behaves differently.

After a couple of days and several hours I have realised that it is not possible.

Larry-G
29-12-13, 15:28
Every receiver shows what is on when you press EPG, so I don't know what you mean by that.

On sky if you set favourites, the EPG button shows what is on the channels for your favourites.
It is looking like this is not the same for vu+ on vix. Favourites is instead a bouquet and behaves differently.

After a couple of days and several hours I have realised that it is not possible.

I understand what your looking to achieve but you also must remember that the "sky experience" only exists on a sky receiver, we try our best to give the end user a platform that we believe is both easy to use and customizable to a degree but you will never get the whole "sky experience" from a third party receiver or enthusiast's image such as ViX. We simply dont have the manpower or budget that commercial companies such as sky have.

abu baniaz
29-12-13, 15:37
When you press EPG button, it shows the EPG for the bouquet you are in at the time. Once you EPG, you can navigate to different bouquets using the arrows next to 0.

You can create your own bouquet with your preferred channels.

zino
30-12-13, 11:40
I understand what your looking to achieve but you also must remember that the "sky experience" only exists on a sky receiver, we try our best to give the end user a platform that we believe is both easy to use and customizable to a degree but you will never get the whole "sky experience" from a third party receiver or enthusiast's image such as ViX. We simply dont have the manpower or budget that commercial companies such as sky have.
Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining or anything, I absolutely love what the Vix team have achieved, it is a tremendous accomplishment as it meant with a bit of reading I was able to get up and running as the hard work has all been done by Vix and plugins etc. It is fantastic and looks great too. The amount of customisation is overwhelming at first but you can change so many settings to suit you exactly as you want.

I just really like being able to see what's on my favourite channels without seeing all the channels I don't like.

Is there a way to customise channels numbers for the favourites list? I tried DBEdit but it wont let me edit the channel numbers.

Basically I would like to keep the Sly channels numbers in my favourites list but instead they start from around the 900 number mark by default, after all the other channels.