PDA

View Full Version : Technomate advice - please don't laugh ha ha

Bartmag
28-12-13, 22:01
Hi All
You will be able to tell from my question that i am an utter total newbie at this and really have very little clue how it all works.
Basically i have had a system for a couple of years now, Technomate 600 and 1m diameter motorised dish. It was all set up for me by a local Italian Satellite Installer, i have been paying him every quarter for subscription and he would come to the house to install the c-lines.
A few months ago he decided to stop providing the service, saying it was taking up all his time. Truth is it took up all his time because he got too greedy and installed too many systems.
Anyway, i have sussed out from reading forum how to install c-lines, update .xml files etc etc, but i need a bit of advice on what is probably a totally stupid question.

My receiver is currently connected by cable to my wireless router. My internet provider is sending me an upgraded router. My question is, are all my details (c-lines etc) saved on the router or on my receiver - in other words will getting a new router mean i will need to find someone who knows what they are doing to re-install everything.

Thanks in advance

Larry-G
28-12-13, 22:23
I dont want to sound rude but you really need to read the forum rules you agreed to when setting up this account, we do not support CS under any circumstances, so i'm closing this thread.