PDA

View Full Version : Tune Failed! Message

kielson
27-12-13, 11:40
Hi guys. I'm having this "Tune Failed!" message popping up on most but not all of my HD channels. My tuners are set to simple Single 28.2E Eutelsat & 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2F no second one is the same. I got my box from World of Satellite few days age with vix image installed. Is there any easy fix/anything I can do? Please help.

duoduo
27-12-13, 12:05
Run AutoBouquetMaker scan again

kielson
27-12-13, 13:54
Run AutoBouquetMaker scan again

Solved. Thanks a lot.

But now my epg is messed up. Some channels are missing some got <n/a> displayed next to them.

duoduo
27-12-13, 13:56
Run crossepg again, should sort out the problem.

kielson
27-12-13, 14:04
Run crossepg

How to run it? It's set up but there is no scan/run option.

kielson
27-12-13, 14:41
I've downloaded epg again and still got the same problem..Any ideas?

kielson
29-12-13, 11:59
Went back to 793 build and I'm not having "n/a" channels any more but the initial problem came back. I'm having "Tune failed" message and I can't run ABM as I'm getting "Timeout for tuner lock" message. There is no signal on those missing channels, but there is good signal from tuner A on received channels, when checking tuner B on good channels it shows some signal (weaker then A) and after few moments it drop to 0. Please help as I'm slowly lousing hope.

craig37
29-12-13, 15:11
you should just have to press blue button and run Cross EPG downloader ? Or go to Menu> Plugins> and cross epg should be listed , just go to it and press ok Your scan should then start

You have got your Open Tv providers just set to astra 2 on 28.2 ..?

I'd also be inclined to Use image manager, Download 808 vis the download button in "Image manager" which is in Menu> setup > vix

I'm currently running 808 on a solo 2 with no issues.. What other plugins have you installed?

Could your sat dish be slightly off ? I had the n/a on some channels before christmas after some high winds, Adjusted my dish and had no further issues ...?

craig37
29-12-13, 15:23
P.s When I'm set on all channels I do still have some channels listing N/a but when I open them they are all DVB service channels, but they work ok How many channels do you think you have stating N/A..

kielson
29-12-13, 21:34
As I said I don't have n/a channels any more. I also managed to run ABM but it didn't solve "tune failed" issue. We've got communal dish and it's working fine. Should there be equal/any signal in tuner B?

kielson
30-12-13, 12:17
Ok. So there definitely there is a issue with one of the sticks in the wall, but should I have the tune failed message when one of the sockets is working fine?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

kielson
30-12-13, 16:29
Could I please get some support how to solve this issue? Atm my box is running on 1 feed. Most of the channels are working fine but still got "tune failed" mostly on HD channels like all sky sports HD, bt sport HD, espn HD, Sky1hd, sky living HD, sky Atlantic HD. Some HD channels are working good though.

abu baniaz
30-12-13, 16:31
If you are only using one feed, why are both tuners set to use a feed. For now disable the other one. Once issue is resolved, set it as loop through.

kielson
30-12-13, 16:39
Auto bouquet maker scan does not change anything, latest vhannibal drivers are loaded. Build 793. Turner settings: simple /single /26 astra/eutelsat 28.2E / no
SNR: 100%
AGC: 82%
BER: 0
Lock: ticked

kielson
30-12-13, 16:42
If you are only using one feed, why are both tuners set to use a feed. For now disable the other one. Once issue is resolved, set it as loop through.

Done it tuner A as above
Tune B "not configured".

abu baniaz
30-12-13, 17:10
Do you still have same issue of tune failed?

kielson
30-12-13, 17:12
Do you still have same issue of tune failed?

Yes.

judge
30-12-13, 17:13
Auto bouquet maker scan does not change anything, latest vhannibal drivers are loaded. Build 793. Turner settings: simple /single /26 astra/eutelsat 28.2E / no
SNR: 100%
AGC: 82%
BER: 0
Lock: ticked

What are vhannibal drivers? and why are you using an old build?

kielson
30-12-13, 17:21
Vhannibal E2 Quadri 13-19-23-28 est 05 dic
I'm using the old build as it solved my <n/a> issue.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?34106-Autobouquetsmaker-issue-(n-a-channels)&highlight=tune+failed

judge
30-12-13, 17:30
In your first post you say

Single 28.2E Eutelsat & 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2F
So, why not just do a fresh flash, build 808 currently available on http://www.openvix.co.uk/
Run ABM on that.

abu baniaz
30-12-13, 17:44
I think you should fresh install latest image without restoring settings and see how you go. The <na> issue seems to only affect people who restored settings.

To rule out lnb/alignment issues, do a conventional scan and report back on how many channels you get.

kielson
30-12-13, 18:53
^^ Will do.

AJT
30-12-13, 19:45
This could be an issue with the drivers for the tuner causing to much heat and causing the tune failed.
i have tune failed on many occasions due to heat issues.

kielson
30-12-13, 20:33
I flashed new build, scanned, run AMB and nothing, same tune failed message on several channels. Don't think it's the heat issue. It's really frustrating. Any ideas guys?

abu baniaz
30-12-13, 21:59
EDIT
How many channels did you receive when doimng a manual scan? It should be over 900. If less than this, then there is something wrong.

If less, take receiver to another place if possible and rescan. If you still do not get over 900, thne problem is in receiver.

AJT
30-12-13, 22:47
I flashed new build, scanned, run AMB and nothing, same tune failed message on several channels. Don't think it's the heat issue. It's really frustrating. Any ideas guys?

Check your temp/fan control as see what the temp of the box is when you have had it running for a while..they get a bit temprementle over 35c.

kielson
01-01-14, 15:07
EDIT
How many channels did you receive when doimng a manual scan? It should be over 900. If less than this, then there is something wrong.

If less, take receiver to another place if possible and rescan. If you still do not get over 900, thne problem is in receiver.

Thanks for the suggestion will do that on 2nd of January. Will report right after it.

abu baniaz
01-01-14, 16:03
Should have also said, if you get over 900 channel on a manual scan using your receiver at another location, then there is something wrong with the dish/cable/lnb setup at your place.

zino
01-01-14, 17:47
some channels show n/a when you do epg update during the day but if you scroll right it is only for a couple of hours that is blank after which the EPG is full as normal. Basically the NOW information probably isn't downloaded. Wait a couple of hours. That's what I found

kielson
01-01-14, 18:20
There is no n/a issue any more.. I just done automatic scan and it came with 721 channels. Is that correct?

abu baniaz
01-01-14, 19:15
You should be getting over 900 channels. ( 3rd mention) You now have to find where the fault lies.

If receiver, you will have same issue when you scan at another location where setup is fine.
If dish/lnb/cabling, you will pull in over 900 at other location.

fast65
25-02-14, 21:54
I have just started getting this problem Tune Failed. Was all working fine then only BBC 1 and BBC2 would work all others got the message. Redownloaded Catseye settings but still getting same message.I have run epg again and that has worked, but when I try ABM I get a message " timeout for tuner lock ". I am using a fixed sky dish and have tuner 'B' set as priority. Tuner 'A' is set as usals but I have disabled that at moment. I am using latest Vix image. Anyone got any ideas regarding this please.

abu baniaz
25-02-14, 22:20
Can you confirm you have two satellite feeds to the receiver and that both are 28.2.
They should be set as: simple, single, 28.2. USALS is when you ahve a motorised setup.

fast65
25-02-14, 22:27
Hi M8 Tuner A is set up as usals for motorized dish, but I have temporarily disabled it. Tuner B is connected to fixed Sky dish and therefore set as Simple /single 28.2 East. This setup has been working perfectly. it is only tonight that I have started having the problem referred to. I have done a limited experiment checking a few channels and it appears to be the ones on Horizontal which are not tuning. I have done reboot

abu baniaz
25-02-14, 22:41
How many chanenls do you get if you perform a normal scan, ie not use ABM. You may have a faulty lnb.

EDIT:
Try it the opposite way round. Disable the fixed dish and use the motorised and then compare results.

fast65
25-02-14, 22:49
I'll give it a try and let you know

fast65
25-02-14, 23:15
Done a scan and only found 171 channels so obviously something is wrong. However i do not think it is the lnb because I am using the same lnb with another feed direct into my Samsung TV which has a freesat tuner built in and all channels are working. Could somehow the files in the solo have got corrupted so maybe only vertical channels are working, and if that is the case how would I put it right

many thanks

judge
25-02-14, 23:30
Tried the same feed in tuner A?

abu baniaz
25-02-14, 23:36
Sorry for asking... just to be sure, you are running independent cables from lnb and not splitting it? Additionally, although a quad lnb is considered as one LNB, it is actually four separate ones.

ABM just gets the data off the satellite, it does not scan as such. So this rules out the files issue. If you want to satisfy your self of this, you can try with the motorised dish (having disabled fixed 28.2)

I take it you have checked f plugs.

Other checks to make:
Swap cables/tuners round.
Check using another port on LNB
If having swappped tuners and ports used on LNB, then it could indicate damage in cable.

fast65
26-02-14, 00:03
Hi I have switched the feed to tuner A and done scan and found 999 channels, so would seem that tuner B is at fault. I am going to check Fplug and reconnect to tuner B and do another rescan. thanks for your suggestions

fast65
26-02-14, 00:23
have reconnected to tuner B and done a scan and this time it has not picked any channels up. It is showing a signal strength of 95% snr 82% agc and 0 BER

Rob van der Does
26-02-14, 04:49
From what I read in your report it's a (partially) defect LNB.

weirskynet
26-02-14, 14:24
I was getting a similar fault with mines and turned out to be a slight mis aligned lnb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fast65
26-02-14, 14:35
well , the strangest thing. When I got up this morning it had corrected itself and was working properly. I'll see how it goes. Maybe there is an intermittent fault developed on the lnb, so if it goes again I will replace it. It's certainly a strange one. Thanks for all your help

kielson
01-03-14, 11:10
solved. Dish was slightly off. Thanks.