PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] cross epg on BH 2.0.7 problem

philly
26-12-13, 22:35
Hi All,
I recently installed BH 2.0.7 on my VU+ duo. This seems to run fine except for one small issue. When the epg is being updated all goes fine until the 'parsing events' stage. At this point the box locks up and will not respond to any remote control or front panel button function. I have to power cycle the box and go through the epg download again. It normally is successful on the second attempt. I cannot allow the epg to automatically update during the night as the box will be 'locked up' the following day.

Rob van der Does
27-12-13, 11:47
I think BH still uses an old version of Cross.
If you would use e.g. ViX you would get the updated version, that works fine (if configured correctly).

philly
27-12-13, 12:33
Thanks Rob van der Does ,
I want to avoid having to install another image if possible. BH works ok and I never had this problem with the older versions. If there is no fix for this I will have to 'bite the bullet' and try your suggestion.
Thanks again.

Rob van der Does
27-12-13, 12:40
Make sure to make an image backup before flashing another image. That way it's very easy to revert if you want to.

philly
27-12-13, 17:10
Make sure to make an image backup before flashing another image. That way it's very easy to revert if you want to.
Thanks for that.
Talk later.

Andy_Hazza
27-12-13, 17:28
The Duo lacks memory so setting up swap file may be the answer. ViX has a swap manager facility, don't know if BH has the same?

philly
27-12-13, 21:54
The Duo lacks memory so setting up swap file may be the answer. ViX has a swap manager facility, don't know if BH has the same?
Thanks Andy,
I will look into the swap file setup on BH.
Thanks again.