ViX Night HD skin

plugins installed
Autobouquets E2
CrossEPG Downloader
IMDB Details
Media Scanner
OpenWebif
Picture Player

I have a new Vu duo and have installed OpenVix 3.0.808. The output will only display on a single TV. I have the video output set to YPbPr, 1 tv connected with HDMI and 1 with RWY phono cables. The vix image displays on both screens when booting and then switches to the HDMI TV only.

I am new to this, so you will probably need to be quite specific in your answer :)

Trial
25-12-13, 20:10
Hi,
set output to CVBS and try with the yellow connector alone. This is how I connected my Duo2 with a second monitor. I never tried YUV and HDMI at the same time.

ciao

themaster
25-12-13, 20:24
Thanks for the reply. The only settings in Setup, system, A/V Settings, Video output are:

YPbPr
Scart
HDMI
Scart-YPbPr

I have tried it on all settings

Larry-G
25-12-13, 22:05
Have you tried rebooting the receiver after changing the mode from one to another ?.

Rob van der Does
25-12-13, 22:26
I have a new Vu duo and have installed OpenVix 3.0.808. The output will only display on a single TV. I have the video output set to YPbPr, 1 tv connected with HDMI and 1 with RWY phono cables. The vix image displays on both screens when booting and then switches to the HDMI TV only.
That should work. I have no idea why it doesn't work for you, as this is not setting dependant.

themaster
25-12-13, 22:33
Thanks, I have rebooted in between each change. It displays on both screens when Vix is loading, as soon as the spinning VIX logo appears in the top left, the second screen goes off.

Larry-G
25-12-13, 22:38
Then i think it's time for a reflash without a settings restore to see if its a issue with a virgin image, maybe even try another build too just incase.

themaster
25-12-13, 22:44
Thanks.

Any recommended image version?

Do I just drop it on USB as the previous install?

Larry-G
25-12-13, 22:54
There is a flashing tutorial available from the guides and tutorials section on www.openvix.co.uk for this receiver. I would try build 808 again just to see if it is still present in a fresh clean flash, then try a earlier build if necessary.

Rob van der Does
26-12-13, 05:28
Thanks, I have rebooted in between each change. It displays on both screens when Vix is loading, as soon as the spinning VIX logo appears in the top left, the second screen goes off.
So that is at the moment E2 takes over the control of the screen.
How is that second screen (the one that goes black) connected? Make sure that screen is compatible with the selected output
for that connection.

themaster
26-12-13, 09:40
Thanks, it's connected with a coax via an rf modulator. I have re-flashed with image 3.0.796 and the same issue. This occurs before any other packages are installed

Trial
26-12-13, 09:46
Hi,
is your 2nd TV also HD but only connected with YUV? If it is not HD then I think you cannot use it because YUV is also capable of HD and uses the same resolution as HDMI afaik. When you switch to SCART and select CVBS you can use the yellow video out.

ciao

Rob van der Does
26-12-13, 10:25
Thanks, it's connected with a coax via an rf modulator. I have re-flashed with image 3.0.796 and the same issue. This occurs before any other packages are installed
And how is that RF-modulator connected? If via scart make sure scart is set to CVBS.

themaster
26-12-13, 19:45
Thanks for the responses, here's what I have done so far (problem persists)

Reloaded same image without backing up settings.
Reloaded older version of Vix (3.0.796)
Loaded Blackhole

So it would seem none Vix related!

Any ideas on next steps?

Rob van der Does
26-12-13, 20:06
You didn't answer

And how is that RF-modulator connected? If via scart make sure scart is set to CVBS.

themaster
26-12-13, 20:53
Apologies the modulator is connected via an rf (coax) cable. I have just tried the settings Scart, CVBS and still no output. I also tried it on Scart, RGB. :(

themaster
26-12-13, 23:09
Here is the complete cable set up:

HDMI > TV1
Scart > YRW Cables > RF Modulator > Coax > TV2

Rob van der Does
27-12-13, 06:50
Apologies the modulator is connected via an rf (coax) cable. I have just tried the settings Scart, CVBS and still no output. I also tried it on Scart, RGB. :(
Did you choose PAL or NTSC i.a.w. the capabilities of the connected TV in the Scart-settings?
You might also try to change the setting of WSS on 4:3 (although I doubt if that makes any difference).

Trial
27-12-13, 10:51
Hi,
why scart adapter? You can use the YRW cinch connectors directly.

ciao

themaster
27-12-13, 11:00
Hi,
why scart adapter? You can use the YRW cinch connectors directly.

ciao

Tried both, just as a different approach!

Rob van der Does
27-12-13, 11:27
Please answer my question (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?34299-Multiple-TV-Output-not-working&p=258568&viewfull=1#post258568).
Are you deliberately ignoring my questions/suggestions :confused:

themaster
27-12-13, 11:33
A quick update, I have loaded the latest PLi and works straight away out of the box. Don't figure?

Rob van der Does
27-12-13, 11:37
OK, added you to my ignore-list then to prevent me from spoiling my time :rolleyes:

themaster
27-12-13, 13:52
Please answer my question (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?34299-Multiple-TV-Output-not-working&p=258568&viewfull=1#post258568).
Are you deliberately ignoring my questions/suggestions :confused:

I had selected PAL and tried all other suggested solutions!

themaster
27-12-13, 20:37
It does not appear to work with Vix or Blackhole, if you want to output to 2 TV's, just use OpenPLi4

Thanks to everyone for their suggested solutions and support.

Burnham
28-12-13, 15:49
I am sorry you did not get the help needed to resolve this issue with your VU+ Duo when it was running ViX.

For the record I have dual outputs from both a Duo and a Duo2, both running ViX and it does work.

Your issue might have been a problem with the limited memory capabilities of the VU+ Duo, they do struggle to cope with all the highly advanced features and useful options of the current OpenViX image.

Rob van der Does
28-12-13, 16:24
I am sorry you did not get the help needed to resolve this issue with your VU+ Duo when it was running ViX.
He gor al the help he could possibly get, but he refused to answer questions .....

Your issue might have been a problem with the limited memory capabilities of the VU+ Duo, they do struggle to cope with all the highly advanced features and useful options of the current OpenViX image.
For sure it has not. And the good old DUO still manages to do all the tricks (sometimes with a bit of help).

themaster
28-12-13, 17:14
He gor al the help he could possibly get, but he refused to answer questions .....

For sure it has not. And the good old DUO still manages to do all the tricks (sometimes with a bit of help).

Grow up! All the questions were answered, maybe not as quick as you wanted!