PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-OE] update during the night now all settings gone and no sat signal

calvinx1966
25-12-13, 12:51
i have a technomate nano oe

chipset : BCM7335
CPU: BCM73335B0
running version :3.0
Kernel: 3.5.3

1m dish stab hh100 motor

mainly viewing 28.2

all running perfect until this morning 25/12/13

i had notice the epg has been progressively misbehaving worse and worse over the last few days with picons that were previously there now missing, and the channel titles on some channels showing "(n/a)" untill you physically go to that channel. but the system was still operating ok

this morning i turn the unit on and im getting no signal etc, its been bloody windy here in scotland so i thought the dish had moved again, but after my last episode of my last dish getting ripped off the wall i prepared myself, i drilled a very small hole in the lip of the dish to look through and i have true south marked on the fence 28.2 marked & thor marked too so i can direct the dish and then look through the hole and check very quickly between all my reference points.

checked the tube was still plumb which it was....

dish angle never moved so ok

checked the motor angle and movement

sent the sat to 28.s no signal no lock !!!

(edit) forgot to add on checking the tuner it was no longer showing up, and when i went to positioner setup it was saying agin the tuner was not configured, so i reset this and put in my correct latitude/longitude etc

after that i could use the goto function so somthing is messing up my settings

pulled my subscription card out of the technomate box and plug my offical sky box back in, instant lock and picture so i know its not the alignment..

which leaves me with this box or image that is messing up !!

return everything to stock on the technomate and still no joy.

please dont say check cables or connectors etc, i have eliminated all that and proved it by plugging my other box in which leaves me back with either the box or the image

anyone anything relevant to add that i could try ?

regards

and merry christmas

Rob van der Does
25-12-13, 13:15
Can you post the output of the telnet command 'netstat -t'?

calvinx1966
25-12-13, 16:46
telnet ?????

Stanman
25-12-13, 18:16
press (assuming you have windows) WINDOWS icon bottom left hand of the screen - the start menu

put CMD into the run / search box and press enter

in command module enter cd/

than enter telnet 192.192.1.0 which is the IP address of YOUR box

than enter the command rob has asked you to.

If you cannot telnet search the forum on "how to enable telnet" there is a tutorial by Pheonix

Larry-G
25-12-13, 18:28
Use the tutorial below to activate telnet on your system assuming it's windows 7 or above

How to enable the default Telnet client in Windows 7 - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12558-Tutorial-How-to-enable-the-default-Telnet-client-in-Windows-7)

Then hit the windows key and type telnet (space) 192.168.1.101 ( exchange this with the ip address of your receiver ), ( so thats telnet followed by the space bar and your ip address of the receiver )

calvinx1966
25-12-13, 20:17
ok

thanks for all the help so far, what info will this command provide ?

Cant try it just now as i need to put the box on to see what the ip # is and missus is hogging the telly with the old box in place

calvinx1966
26-12-13, 14:13
Hi Guys

and update with the info as requested and I am thinking the box has an issue. this morning i reflashed with the same original image (that previously worked) i downloaded it when i got the box as it arrived with the oem firmware installed, after flashing in positioner setup it wont move the motor on the dish, so i called a friend who is responsible for all this after i saw his dreambox !!! well he came over with his box we plugged it in and his box is moving my motor no problem, so it would very much appear that the box has spat its dummy out...

the telnet is operating and i have included a picture of the results.

calvinx1966
26-12-13, 14:38
Hi

After plugging the box back in and trying to setup again the response to the commands from the remote is very laggy and the VIX image is always flashing while it appears to work out what it needs to do and also the internal fan appears to have gone nuts it sounds like the bearings in the fan are on their way out as the fan is making odd noises !! but having checked the fan on its own with an external power supply its ok, so the odd running must be the power signal the box is sending to fan making it run in such a manner.

So either my box has gone bad or the most recent image builds are screwing with the box

Regards

calvinx1966
28-12-13, 18:18
Hi All

Well I tried flashing back to an older version of vix and still no joy, contacted the forum supporter who supplied me the box he suggested I try going back to the 4D image, which I did and hey presto my box is fully operational again !!! :confused:

So I can safely say something in the recent Vix images screwed with my Box.

Sicilian
29-12-13, 11:05
Hi All

Well I tried flashing back to an older version of vix and still no joy, contacted the forum supporter who supplied me the box he suggested I try going back to the 4D image, which I did and hey presto my box is fully operational again !!! :confused:

When setting up ViX image you must have had something different what you set in 4D image.

Rob van der Does
29-12-13, 11:23
Maybe a subtle change to "So I can safely say something in the my recent Vix set-up screwed with my Box.".
Although I think there is a better wording available in English then 'screwed' :confused:

Larry-G
29-12-13, 11:32

Unlikely, my own Nano has been on every build of ViX since it launched and works fine on all of them, even the unreleased beta images, as sicilian says what if any thing did you do differently with ViX and 4D ??.

calvinx1966
29-12-13, 12:07
When setting up ViX image you must have had something different what you set in 4D image.

NOPE sorry flashed each image and setup Exactly the same using the wizard at start-up nothing more, also if you look through the forum a few others are reporting small issues of the system being laggy and parts missing, even typo errors. with the latest builds

At least I know where the issue lies and to avoid the VIX image for now.

thanks to all concerned for their advice

calvinx1966
29-12-13, 22:09
Also it must be noted that my system setup was fully operational and the box was allowed to update itself, NO settings changed by any user, only after updating itself to newer versions of the vix image did a problem occur, common sense would dictate if the only thing changing setting was the update to the image that it was the image that was causing the problem

And Why the automatic dismissal that anything in the updated vix images could ever go wrong and immediately blame the user ? as i am so sorry but that is just plain arrogance.

but hey i fully expect to be berated for ever voicing my opinion and findings.

So here i will be a good time bow out of the forum. good luck with it.

Larry-G
29-12-13, 22:14
Also it must be noted that my system setup was fully operational and the box was allowed to update itself, NO settings changed by any user, only after updating itself to newer versions of the vix image did a problem occur

Thats not possible, the image cant physically update versions without user interaction, and multiple user interactions at that.

Larry-G
29-12-13, 22:16
but hey i fully expect to be berated for ever voicing my opinion and findings.

So here i will be a good time bow out of the forum. good luck with it.

Not on this forum you wont, but we do need debug logs not suppositions or wild claims but observations backed by facts.