PDA

View Full Version : Surround sound

imgold
25-12-13, 12:09
i have a venton unibox 5.1 connected by HDMI to my onkyo amp - the onkyo is only receiving PCM 2.0 - can this venton box output 5.1 and if so how??

BubbleBalls
25-12-13, 12:36
I don't have that box. But try pressing audio button and setting any down mix options to off (assuming you are on 808)

Tapatalker

imgold
25-12-13, 12:43
thanks already have downmix (on the venton box) to off - been bugging me for ages lol

imgold
25-12-13, 14:40
FINALLY fixed this after months lol...

Setting HDMI Audio Out=ON
This one is very common and it causes a lot of problems. Symptoms include not being able to receive any signal format other than 2 channel PCM, getting video but no audio from HDMI sources, and your receiver always being muted when you first turn it on. Always set HDMI Audio Out=OFF unless you want to use your television's speakers.

AJT
28-12-13, 19:13
FINALLY fixed this after months lol...

Setting HDMI Audio Out=ON
This one is very common and it causes a lot of problems. Symptoms include not being able to receive any signal format other than 2 channel PCM, getting video but no audio from HDMI sources, and your receiver always being muted when you first turn it on. Always set HDMI Audio Out=OFF unless you want to use your television's speakers.

Where is this setting?

imgold
30-12-13, 23:27
on the onkyo box its undet settings > HDMI > Audio TV Out = off