PDA

View Full Version : metrix HD skin

Comfysofa
23-12-13, 22:25
Gents. I'm up and running ( got it this weekend )....I've got the matrix HD skin running and in the top right its flashing update.....whats that all about then....not sure which button to press and what it does....any clues? Cheers

Larry-G
23-12-13, 22:28
Ideally your post if ViX related should have been made in the ViX support section as per the many announcements but we'll come to that later.

What image build are you running ?

To find out it's menu> information> about.

Comfysofa
23-12-13, 22:43
Ah sorry....didn't realize that....but now obvious sorry....latest vix image.....not actually in front of it right now....

AJT
23-12-13, 22:56
Ah sorry....didn't realize that....but now obvious sorry....latest vix image.....not actually in front of it right now....

image update. menu/setup/software update.

Comfysofa
23-12-13, 23:11
Ah...so its not a software update for the skin but for the vix image?

Larry-G
23-12-13, 23:24
The skin is built from the GIT so if any updates are available for the skin they will be built when the image is updated in the same way the ocram picons do, so it could be that it has detected updates for the skin.

Comfysofa
24-12-13, 00:21
If that is the case how do I update the skin?

Larry-G
24-12-13, 00:24
by updating the image, you still have not said which image build your on either.

Comfysofa
24-12-13, 07:21
I did say I was on vix.....openvix build 806.

duoduo
24-12-13, 10:04
Menu, setup, software update

Comfysofa
24-12-13, 10:44
Right - so the update message on screen ie when you switch the channel over, get a brief couple of seconds when the osd is on and top right says "update" with the green logo is a message saying that theres an update for the os - not the skin.

Just to add I did a software update this morning, which it completed and then once rebooted for some reason it seemed to decide to forget that fact that it was attached to 28.2 and decide to add 19 and 13 in and I couldn't remove them.....complete reinstall (took about an hour to get it back to where it was) but from recollection (as I did it first thing this morning) the update logo had gone.

AJT
24-12-13, 10:53
Right - so the update message on screen ie when you switch the channel over, get a brief couple of seconds when the osd is on and top right says "update" with the green logo is a message saying that theres an update for the os - not the skin.

so all sorted then...i was thrown as well at first when i was getting the update image message.

kiwiz1
25-12-13, 13:00
i dont know what im doing wrong but using 3.0 build 808 and when i press save my skins it stuck on saving template file.

how long does it take to load?

AJT
26-12-13, 10:37
i dont know what im doing wrong but using 3.0 build 808 and when i press save my skins it stuck on saving template file.

how long does it take to load?

It is dependent on the box.i have a duo2 when i change colours or something on the skin it takes about 30 seconds once you save the skin.On my venton box it takes alot longer about a minute in all.It should then ask you to reboot GUI after you have saved skin.