PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] PLaying video Files trouble

wingunners
23-12-13, 16:04
I was just wondering why this box struggles to cope with MKV files. Something really strange happens. When playing MKV files about 3/4GB in size, initially after 5 or so minutes it will start showing the ViX spinner logo (loading) the video pauses and resumes and then plays in a stop start manner. At this time the remote and all other instruction sent to the box become unresponsive stop doesn't stop etc. even though i can see that the command has been sent. is there any cure to this or the reason as to why this happens? The drive I am playing off is an internal hard drive connected directly

Tkr001
23-12-13, 21:17
MKV is just a container. Do you know what the videos are encoded as? I would transcode them to H264 if they are not that already and see how they play. You can use something like Handbrake to transcode.

Trial
24-12-13, 09:32
Hi,
when the mkv contains some sub titles it sometimes can happen have I read. So do you have subtitles in your MKV? If yes remux without subtitles.

ciao

wingunners
24-12-13, 17:37
one of the main reasons i got this was so i wouldn't have to transcode and i could plug and play nonetheless they are H264 - mpeg4 avc with 2 audio tracks dts and ac3. Could lack of flash memory be a cause of this?. secondly, i like subtitles. how can i have them and not cause it to go crazy.

Trial
24-12-13, 19:51
Hi,
did you try remuxing with less subtitles?

I just saw you use a DUO. Try activating swap and use plugin cacheflush.

ciao