PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] [Support question] New Solo2 Setup

DaveNE
23-12-13, 12:58
Morning All,

I've been lurking here for a while so hopefully won't incur the wrath of the mods etc with this post.
Let me first of all give you some info on my system. It's a recently bought Vu+ Solo2 bought from this site sponsor, with Vix image 793 pre-installed.
I've been setting things up for the first time yesterday, and thanks to the wealth of info here it's now up and running fine, At the minute though I'd declare it as part way complete as there's still things left to try, but for now my query is regarding using my Sky subscription card. In short my card has been in my Sky receiver forever until yesterday, so evidently has the new pairing method on it. My intent with the Solo2 is to use it in my motorhome when we go away for weekends etc, and so want to take my Sky card to continue to watch and record Sky channels. At the moment I've installed CCcam and ftp'd a CCcam.cfg file to the box, and the Sky card is recognised in the bottom slot, with a number of entitlements listed until Feb 2014. Although I've not gone extensively through all channels, it seems like I can watch all SD channels except sports and movies, although Eurosport works. Rightly or wrongly I thought I'd still get the sport and movie channels working in SD?
Also to display my Noob qualities, I thought that the Freesat channels would be identified differently somehow i.e. a different bouguet, and also work without a card at all, or am I missing something?
As I say a way to go yet (currently trying to get transcoding working :eek: !), so plenty more queries from me no doubt, but I'd appreciate any comments or insight you may have.

Cheers,

Dave

Rob van der Does
23-12-13, 15:12
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

DaveNE
23-12-13, 16:39
Hi Rob,

As per my opening line I was aware of the rules etc, but I think you need to look at the website structure, as following the instructions doesn't take you to the page shown.
Clicking the post new thread button as shown here 31292 brings up this next page 31293. Unless I'm missing something this latter page is not the one shown in the instruction hence the reason I suspect so many people fall foul of the rules. If you can point me to the correct link to enter a post as per the rules I'll happily repost.

Thanks

Dave

Burnham
24-12-13, 15:23
Try adding the line BOXKEY: /dev/sci1 xx xx xx xx to your cfg file. sci1 is bottom slot. Put your own data in to replace the xx xx xx xx. You should have sports SD from your subs card

SD Freesat channels don't need a card, but you will need a card for some of the HD channels.

DaveNE
24-12-13, 19:11
Hi Burnham,

Thanks for the reply.
I had that line in already, although I had it as sci0 because for some reason that's the bottom slot on my Solo2. Either way I changed it to sci1 and rebooted the machine and put the card in the top slot. Again sci1 lists the entitlements, but I still can't display movies or sports in SD. Any other thoughts? Anyone?

Cheers,

Dave

DaveNE
24-12-13, 19:50
Hi Guys,

Just by way of confirmation, I've tried the card in both slots, confirming that sci0 is the bottom an sci1 is the top, and I've changed the .cfg file accordingly trying each slot, but no joy with SD movies or sports.
I did notice that I hadn't put spaces between each pair of the 8 digits, but this didn't change anything. I've also checked that the boxkey is correct having first used the boxkey creation programme and using the serial number from the settings screen, and also done the hex conversion method from the number on the bottom of the box.

Cheers,

Dave

Burnham
27-12-13, 16:18
You seem to have checked most things already, so thinking of anything now.

Is your cfg file in correct place? To test try putting in WEBINFO USERNAME : xxxxx & WEBINFO PASSWORD : xxxxxxx then check you can get into the webif using the information you have entered in your cfg file.

If that checks out - try uninstalling your current cccam and trying a different version.

If all fails, you might have a card that can't be read by cccam.

DaveNE
28-12-13, 17:45
Hi Burnham,

Thanks again for the assistance. To be honest after reading various threads and websites I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the new encryption is going to stop me viewing the premium channels for the time being, and possibly for good unless a fix is found. I'm pretty sure that the cccam is working fine with my card, as I can watch everything in my subscription except movies and sports. All the SD channels of Discovery etc work fine, as does Eurosport, but they don't work with the card removed, so simplistically it seems like the card is enabling some channels but not the premium ones.
Nevertheless I'll give your suggestions a try and see how things go. Any version of cccam that you'd recommend, or perhaps oscam?
One interesting thing that happened yesterday was that the card when put back into the Sly box wouldn't work, and I had to cycle the power on the box to reboot it to make it work again. Curious...

Cheers,

Dave

Burnham
29-12-13, 20:41
I don't understand why you can get SD Eurosport but not SD Ѕky Sports. Have you tried something basic like doing a full 28°e rescan. That should give you about twenty SD Ѕky Sports channels to test (including Ѕky Sports News channels). I would be interested to know if all of these are black with your card.

I doubt that the CCcаm version would make a difference, but try 2.1.3 if using 2.3.0 (or the other way round). By all means try OScаm - but allow a minimum of two weeks free time to learn OScаm.

Larry-G
29-12-13, 21:03
I don't understand why you can get SD Eurosport but not SD Ѕky Sports.

Because the sports channels are considered premium even the SD ones, and once your hit with the new pairing method you loose the premium channels in any thing but a original receiver. or at least thats how i understand it.

DaveNE
30-12-13, 11:56
Hi Guys,

As Pheonix says it seems to be down to the new pairing method. I've done a full rescan of the 28e channels, and certainly find all of the Sky Sports channels inc F1, News etc, in HD and SD, but all of the channels show up black for me. Just re-checked these again this morning and BTSport also only comes up with a black screen, but Eurosport 1 & 2 in SD work fine, but stop working when the card is removed just to confirm the card is being read. Other channels such as Discovery and Sky 1 all work in SD but not HD.
Also tried updating the Vix image feom 793 to the latest 808 on the off chance, but it made no difference. Sadly I guess this will affect everyone in time. Bit of a bummer but I can only hope that a solution is found to enable valid cards to work, but prevents CS.

Burnham
30-12-13, 15:44
phoenix - you could well be correct about SD Eurosport not being considered premium. But I have not seen that reported elsewhere.

Perhaps other people had that situation but had not thought about commenting about it.